• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We are waiting on Pelosi

The N word is racial, but it's not a race. Just admit you misspoke and that rednecks aren't a race or ethnicity. Yes, there are a lot of white people, just like most Republicans are white, but that doesn't make Republican a race or ethnicity. You do see the difference, don't you?

Redneck is a slur used against white people just as the 'N' word is used against black people. The only difference is that white aren't really offended by it. But that doesn't change the fact that redneck is used to describe dumb white people and is therefore a racial slur.

We are waiting for Pelosi to put some compromise on the table. She has to understand that she doesnt get everything she wants. How about 4 billion dollars for the wall.

A couple of weeks ago she said if the gov shut down was ended, she would compromise. Time for her to crap or get off the pot.

Don't you get it yet ?

No wall.

How about Trump compromises and accepts a billion or so to improve border and port security but accepts that a wall is a waste of tax payer's money ?

No President controls funding, but somehow they manage to get things that they want done...even when their party doesn’t control Congress. Trump’s party controlled Congress and he STILL couldn’t get anything he wanted done on this matter. Yet somehow...as is usual for Trump supporters and Trump himself to believe...it’s everyone else’s fault.

And as for the rest of your post...stuff HAS been done about border security. More needs to be done...but we are near 40+ year lows of illegals coming across. So plenty of Presidents have “had the balls” to discuss and do something about border security.

It’s very hard to discuss things with people who insist on living in a bubble of hyper-partisan unreality.

No, the House controls funding. Why do you think there's such a fuss over this?

Don't you get it yet ?

No wall.

How about Trump compromises and accepts a billion or so to improve border and port security but accepts that a wall is a waste of tax payer's money ?

There are plenty of democrats on record as saying that a wall is very effective in certain circumstances, that's why we have hundreds of miles of fencing there already. The objection to border walls today is based 100% on the fact that Trump wants one. This isn't about a wall, its about Trump. Period.

Redneck is a slur used against white people just as the 'N' word is used against black people. The only difference is that white aren't really offended by it. But that doesn't change the fact that redneck is used to describe dumb white people and is therefore a racial slur.

I'm glad you've backed away from calling rednecks a race. Racial slur is much more correct.

I did, the first use of redneck was in Scotland in the 17th century.... :doh

Now where I come from redneck refers to the sunburned neck of farmers, and other outdoor folks. The origins of terms is interesting, however like many other deflections the bottom line is how the term is used today. Coal miners have long dropped the term to mean the neckwear and rather the attitude (and some would say ignorance) they have replaced it with.... :peace
If you would have read the full history of red necks in the US you would find it WAS striking coal miners that were in a real shooting war with the mine owners. They wore red handerchiefs around their necks so they didnt shoot a fellow miner.

No, the House controls funding. Why do you think there's such a fuss over this?

Shall I repeat the first part of my post again?

No President controls funding, but somehow they manage to get things that they want done...even when their party doesn’t control Congress. Trump’s party controlled Congress and he STILL couldn’t get anything he wanted done on this matter. Yet somehow...as is usual for Trump supporters and Trump himself to believe...it’s everyone else’s fault.

Shall I repeat the first part of my post again?

Not sure who you are listening to, but there were many, many voices critical of congressional republicans for doing nothing on border security for two years. It is one of the reasons why republican voters werent that enthusiastic over many of the republicans in congress.didn't turn out

Does that mean we can count on your vote for the Dems in 2020? Let's show America once and for all how horrible it is under liberals by filling the government with them!

Actually, the government is ALREADY filled with them. They are called the deep state and the bureaucracy (e.g., the TSA workers who refused to show up, thus forcing the President to back down in order to ensure passengers' safety).

You are very smug about what your fellow liberals are doing. But your grandchildren's grandchildren will NOT be happy at the country that is handed down to them.

Actually, the government is ALREADY filled with them. They are called the deep state and the bureaucracy (e.g., the TSA workers who refused to show up, thus forcing the President to back down in order to ensure passengers' safety).

You are very smug about what your fellow liberals are doing. But your grandchildren's grandchildren will NOT be happy at the country that is handed down to them.

Yeah.....**** those guys and gals for not wanting to work for no pay.

Not sure who you are listening to, but there were many, many voices critical of congressional republicans for doing nothing on border security for two years. It is one of the reasons why republican voters werent that enthusiastic over many of the republicans in congress.didn't turn out

And Trump’s failure to convince them...and a large majority of Americans...that this was a “national emergency” is his failure and his failure alone.

You still don’t get it. A strong President who’s really “fighting for the American people” doesn’t pull the victimization card.

Make the sale, Mr. President...or else shut up about it already.

And Trump’s failure to convince them...and a large majority of Americans...that this was a “national emergency” is his failure and his failure alone.

You still don’t get it. A strong President who’s really “fighting for the American people” doesn’t pull the victimization card.

Make the sale, Mr. President...or else shut up about it already.

Clearly at this point Trump has polluted the water with so much nonsense that he can't and won't make the sale to anybody with a brain in this country. Pelosi, Schumer (light weight) and McConnell (heavyweight but with limited scope and vision) will have to provide Trump an off ramp for the good of the country.

Can you link to the part of the Constitution defining the impeachment process for a SCOTUS justice?

Your humble servant (an elderly computer illiterate who cannot link) went to Google and found out that, yes, a SCOTUS justice can be impeached.

1. Samuel Chase was impeached in 1805, but the Senate acquitted him.

2. In 1969, Abe Fortas resigned from the Supreme Court under threat of impeachment.

When the authoritarian Dems seize the government in 2020, they could easily impeach you-know-whom. Then they could replace him with Her Majesty Nancy.

LOL, all the TSA workers are liberals because they wanted to make Donald look stupid, it definitely had nothing to do with not being paid! :lamo

i have a compromise. zero dollars for ego wall, and air traffic controllers will agree not to inconvenience the investor class again.

Tyler Durden said:
We cook your meals. We haul your trash. We connect your calls. We drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not **** with us.

If you would have read the full history of red necks in the US you would find it WAS striking coal miners that were in a real shooting war with the mine owners. They wore red handerchiefs around their necks so they didnt shoot a fellow miner.

LOL... I read the FULL history which does start in Scotland during the 17th century..... :roll:

You just took what fit your spin.... :peace

Speaking of hate, it's clear that you carry a venal hatred of secular democracy.
Relationships with God or lack of same are not a factor in a secular government.
If you think you can pull it off, mount a coup d'etat and change America to a theocracy.
It is clear that you don't have the support to do it via the American democratic process.

God bless America doesn't need to be changed to become God bless America. It just needs to be protected from the hope to change it coming from the "God damn America" ungodly leftist tribal savage mobs.

2. Pelosi is in a very tough position. She put herself there. If she compromises, a LOT of her supporters will be highly pissed at her...especially after she said "walls are immoral". She's in a box.

I doubt Pelosi will personally negotiate. I believe a bipartisan committee will be doing that. Of course the Dem and GOP leaderships will have the final say.

Pelosi did say that not a penny would be forthcoming for any 30' concrete panels. I believe she would agree to the type of fencing already present. How much is negotiable. I assume most of the DHS border funding will be earmarked for additional border agents, scanning technology, vehicles/riverine boats/choppers, drones, lighting, FLIR cameras, sensors, more BCP facilities, medics, and updating the Ports of Entry.

I doubt Pelosi will personally negotiate. I believe a bipartisan committee will be doing that. Of course the Dem and GOP leaderships will have the final say.

Pelosi did say that not a penny would be forthcoming for any 30' concrete panels. I believe she would agree to the type of fencing already present. How much is negotiable. I assume most of the DHS border funding will be earmarked for additional border agents, scanning technology, vehicles/riverine boats/choppers, drones, lighting, FLIR cameras, sensors, more BCP facilities, medics, and updating the Ports of Entry.

Agreed...the whole thing of so called "leaders" sitting around a table and spitting out a deal twenty minutes later is a horrid Trumpian abomination. I hope I am being terse enough in my comments in that regard. That said, not meaning to be terse in response to the poster I have quoted.

We are waiting for Pelosi to put some compromise on the table. She has to understand that she doesnt get everything she wants. How about 4 billion dollars for the wall.

A couple of weeks ago she said if the gov shut down was ended, she would compromise. Time for her to crap or get off the pot.

Pelosi didn't demand anything. The only demand was from Trump.

God bless America doesn't need to be changed to become God bless America. It just needs to be protected from the hope to change it coming from the "God damn America" ungodly leftist tribal savage mobs.

Tribal AND savage!!
Mein gott, I can hear your jackboots clicking staccato all the way over here.

God damn America, another phrase lifted out of speech which, if heard in its entirety, is an impassioned cry for help and a call for justice. But you would never know because thanks to your hidebound ignorance, you've never mustered the guts to read or hear the entire speech.

"Confusing God and Government"

In fact, I've now put the transcript of that sermon right in front of you, but I know that you wouldn't DARE read it, because if you heard what he had to say, it would scare the crap out of you.

I know that well over two thirds of the people in this forum have never bothered to listen to or read the entire sermon.
But I HAVE. That means I know more than you do. That means you're ignorant compared to me.

And I know that a lot of people here won't bother to listen to it or read it...ever.
They're scared, too.
They're scared that maybe they got Reverend Wright's message all wrong all these years and they don't want to feel like a fool when they find out what he was really saying.

That doesn't mean I agree with everything he said, but he's not asking God to damn America.

Last edited:
3. What's next?

Trump is an extremely weak position. Today’s turn of events only confirms what lawmakers have long suspected. As political scientist Matt Glassman argues, Trump repeatedly backs down from his public positions. Building on Richard Neustadt’s classic work on presidential power, that’s a problem for the president going forward. The players expect that, with enough pressure, the president will again back down. What’s more, the president has already waved the white flag on funding a wall. Trump today threatened that if Congress won’t pony up $5 billion for a wall, he’ll declare a national emergency and try to build the wall without legislative authority. Many expect such a move to wind up in the courts or be delayed by foot-dragging as the military or Army Corps of Engineers looks for funds they can divert for a wall. Because few expect that ploy to work, lawmakers have little incentive to find ways to meet the president’s demand. Finally, eyes will be on the House and Senate lawmakers assigned to negotiate a deal. But stay focused on Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.). In polarized times, nothing big gets done without support of the party chiefs. Trump will always be a wild card, but neither political party wants to see the government shut down again, and Republicans, especially, are unlikely to want to shoulder such blame all over again.
Why the shutdown ended — and what to watch for now

Back
Top Bottom