• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We are waiting on Pelosi

Mexico will pay for the Wall!!......Now The American tax payer will pay for a barrier....LOL

So the wall was requested then and is requested now. No change.

The source of money spent by the government is always cloudy. Who will pay for my Social Security benefits? I paid for years and yet that cash has nothing to do with my income after age 66. Absolutely nothing!

Where the cash comes from is only a detail. He has been talking border security since he announced.

We are waiting for Pelosi to put some compromise on the table. She has to understand that she doesnt get everything she wants. How about 4 billion dollars for the wall.
A couple of weeks ago she said if the gov shut down was ended, she would compromise. Time for her to crap or get off the pot.

Counter-offer. No dollars for a wall, some dollars for border security. That's all that was promised, negotiations, not a wall. Even if you got 5.7 billion that wouldn't even cover a tiny portion of the wall. You can't tell us how much the wall will cost per mile, who will build it, how they'll build it, or how long it'll take.

Isnt it funny how the only group you can get away with saying that about are rednecks? Insert the name of any other racial or ethnic group or a subset of those groups in its place and see what happens.

Redneck isn't a racial or ethnic group. You really need to think before you write.

You're probably right.
Why build a wall there when there is not a single wall built for any purpose anywhere else in the world.
If they worked, you'd be seeing them everywhere.

Magnitude matters. There is not a wall of that proposed size and length in the world that is actually effective. Comparing a multi-thousand mile monstrosity to someone's backyard wall is stupid. That also isn't going to stop someone breaking into your house that wants to.

Actually, she does -- sadly.
Everyone and I mean everyone admits that Nancy kicked the President's behind.
She is the Queen of the nation.
I kind of hope that the Dems do win back all 3 branches (they can impeach those pesky conservative Supreme Court justices).
Millions and millions of ordinary Democrats will then start to personally suffer under radical Dem policies, and they will have no one else to blame but themselves for having voted the Dems back into power under Queen Nancy.

Does that mean we can count on your vote for the Dems in 2020? Let's show America once and for all how horrible it is under liberals by filling the government with them!

We are waiting for Pelosi to put some compromise on the table. She has to understand that she doesnt get everything she wants. How about 4 billion dollars for the wall.

A couple of weeks ago she said if the gov shut down was ended, she would compromise. Time for her to crap or get off the pot.

Not a chance.

There are literally thousands of images of the caravans headed north from Central America. Can you post one that show the thousands of folks carrying ladders?

Well there WERE thousands of pictures BEFORE the election that swept the Republican'ts out of the House- then suddenly tRump went silent on the subject.... ;)

No need to carry ladders yet... do all tRumpers put the cart before the horse???? :confused:

Until there is a need, why carry a ladder? (If a ladder is needed I imagine many 'Mericans will gladly sell them to make a quick buck while waiting for all those industrial jerbs tRump promised).... :peace

Its not? Of what race are 'rednecks?'

They can be from any number of races. It's kind of like asking what race are trailer trash? There's not really any way you can twist this to make redneck a racial or ethnic group.

Wait for it. She is going to crap while advocating for the legalization of pot. That is what dope-headed democrats do. They hate God so they do no good.

Talking is not the same as doing.

Trump doesn't control funding. You might want to review the constitutional delegation of powers.

This has been kicked around for literally decades. Why didn't the democrats act on the serious problems at our southern border when they themselves spoke eloquently about the problems? I'll tell you. They don't really care. It's more politically advantageous for them to ignore the problem. Sad that they put more stock in their political fortunes than they do the sovereignty of the nation. And just to be even handed about it, many in the GOP do the same thing, which is why the issue has been around so long. Trump might be an ass on many levels, but he seems to be the only president with the balls to address this problem. This may cost him politically, but that doesn't mean he's wrong.

Its not? Of what race are 'rednecks?'

What is funny when the left uses the term redneck, they are talking against their own. The original red necks were union coal miners. Look it up.

She doesn’t have to do anything.

Trump does not have popular support for a border wall. And they blamed him for shutting down the government for something they neither want nor care about. He doesn’t have REPUBLICAN support.

And people can easily read through this “it’s a national emergency, yet I did nothing about it for the two years the GOP controlled everything, and I shut down the governement and putzed around for 36 days when I could have just declared an emergency” facade.

He’s in the weaker position no matter how hard you try spin this into eleventy-dimensional chess on his part.

Well Pelosi does have to provide Trump an off ramp now. I have posted this before. Opening gov was the stop light before the off ramp. But if Trump and his team were smart enough to devise an off ramp for him, they would have. Heck if they were smart enough they never would have boxed themselves into a room with no windows or doors, not even a trap door. But for the good of the country Pelosi will have to cobble together something that actually does move the ball on border security forward without giving DonDon what he actually STILL cannot even describe with the kind of precision that is required for an Appropriations process. He did say in his rose garden comments announcing the end of the shutdown that his "experts" would now and i should say finally describe it with that precision. That remains to be seen. I doubt it.

My doubts coupled with the time squeeze lead me to believe it will still remain for Pelosi plus Schumer and McConnell to hack this out, almost of whole cloth. My opinion is it will continue the improvements and repair where we have physical border now, plus technology both across more Southern border and at POE's, more CBP Officers and more transport for them. Maybe a bit more vehicular barrier tossed in for good measure.

The off ramp is right there. Trump has been all over the map on the circumstances of construction of physical barrier anyway. He has been at "we are building it" to "its almost completed" when nothing new was being built. So Trump already has the basis for declaring victory just sitting there.

Why didn't the Republicans crap or get off the pot over the past 2 years when they controlled everything? Now all of the sudden, there's still not stupid wall funding but it's the Democrats fault?

Rednecks are such idiots.

Not all of us, some of us are hippy redneck hybrids and don't fall for extremist bull**** on either side.

Just to insert some accuracy, under both Clinton and Obama, the first mid term was a massacre for the presidents's party. In both cases, they lost much bigger in the House and lost in the Senate as well.

Just for accuracy, tRump was billed as 'not a politician', remember???? The two democrats lost big after pushing for two big liberal agendas the AWB and the ACA, tRump was supposedly riding a massive MAGA wave and putting the world in it's place, at our feet... :roll:

The world, according to tRumpers, welcomes the Bully in Chief- the Master of the Two Thumb Policy Statement... what happened???? :confused:

Oh and don't be too smug about the Senate- the numbers were in the Republican'ts favor- 2020 will not be so stacked.... :peace

They can be from any number of races. It's kind of like asking what race are trailer trash? There's not really any way you can twist this to make redneck a racial or ethnic group.

Lol. Ok. So when you refer to rednecks you could be talking about black people, right? Or Hispanics? Right. :lamo

Okay, I'll even accept giving him his FIVE billion, but only with a promise to NEVER initiate another shutdown again for the rest of his term. That goes for Mitch McConnell, too. If we are subjected to two more years of rotating shutdowns every time the democratic process in Congress doesn't go the way Trumpistas want, then all deals are off forever.

If you don't have the numbers to get your agenda passed, you don't have the numbers, it's just that simple.

What is funny when the left uses the term redneck, they are talking against their own. The original red necks were union coal miners. Look it up.

I did, the first use of redneck was in Scotland in the 17th century.... :doh

Now where I come from redneck refers to the sunburned neck of farmers, and other outdoor folks. The origins of terms is interesting, however like many other deflections the bottom line is how the term is used today. Coal miners have long dropped the term to mean the neckwear and rather the attitude (and some would say ignorance) they have replaced it with.... :peace

Okay, I'll even accept giving him his FIVE billion, but only with a promise to NEVER initiate another shutdown again for the rest of his term. That goes for Mitch McConnell, too. If we are subjected to two more years of rotating shutdowns every time the democratic process in Congress doesn't go the way Trumpistas want, then all deals are off forever.

If you don't have the numbers to get your agenda passed, you don't have the numbers, it's just that simple.

Even for $5B of physical barrier funding, Trump's "people" will have to be able to describe his new physical barrier plan for funding completely. $5B of overall border security funding would not bother me. $5B of physical barrier funding without a clear understanding of their plan....NO DEAL.

Lol. Ok. So when you refer to rednecks you could be talking about black people, right? Or Hispanics? Right. :lamo

They can be, in no situation is it a racial or ethnic group. By all means, explain to us how it is.

Let me guess, WholeFoods shoppers are also an ethnic group because they're mostly white too, right?

I did, the first use of redneck was in Scotland in the 17th century.... :doh

Now where I come from redneck refers to the sunburned neck of farmers, and other outdoor folks. The origins of terms is interesting, however like many other deflections the bottom line is how the term is used today. Coal miners have long dropped the term to mean neckwear and rather to represent an attitude (and some would say ignorance) they have replaced it with.... :peace

Wait for it. She is going to crap while advocating for the legalization of pot. That is what dope-headed democrats do. They hate God so they do no good.

Speaking of hate, it's clear that you carry a venal hatred of secular democracy.
Relationships with God or lack of same are not a factor in a secular government.
If you think you can pull it off, mount a coup d'etat and change America to a theocracy.
It is clear that you don't have the support to do it via the American democratic process.

Trump doesn't control funding. You might want to review the constitutional delegation of powers.

This has been kicked around for literally decades. Why didn't the democrats act on the serious problems at our southern border when they themselves spoke eloquently about the problems? I'll tell you. They don't really care. It's more politically advantageous for them to ignore the problem. Sad that they put more stock in their political fortunes than they do the sovereignty of the nation. And just to be even handed about it, many in the GOP do the same thing, which is why the issue has been around so long. Trump might be an ass on many levels, but he seems to be the only president with the balls to address this problem. This may cost him politically, but that doesn't mean he's wrong.

Trump doesn't care either, this is just reality TV and Trumpistas can't tell the difference between reality TV and actual reality.
It is impossible to take ANY Trump supporter seriously on illegal immigration if they're ignoring the fact that the Trump Organization repeatedly supplied illegal employees with fake green cards, and now only suddenly did an about face and acted like Captain Renault in the movie "Casablanca".
"I'm shocked, I tell you...SHOCKED!"

KeySatisfiedAustraliancurlew-small.gif

No President controls funding, but somehow they manage to get things that they want done...even when their party doesn’t control Congress. Trump’s party controlled Congress and he STILL couldn’t get anything he wanted done on this matter. Yet somehow...as is usual for Trump supporters and Trump himself to believe...it’s everyone else’s fault.

And as for the rest of your post...stuff HAS been done about border security. More needs to be done...but we are near 40+ year lows of illegals coming across. So plenty of Presidents have “had the balls” to discuss and do something about border security.

It’s very hard to discuss things with people who insist on living in a bubble of hyper-partisan unreality.

They can be, in no situation is it a racial or ethnic group. By all means, explain to us how it is.

Let me guess, WholeFoods shoppers are also an ethnic group because they're mostly white too, right?

Don't play dumb. The term redneck is used to describe white people, particularly from the south. But by your 'reasoning' the 'N' word is not racial because as the late Robert Byrd reminded us, there are plenty of white 'N' worders out there too.

Don't play dumb. The term redneck is used to describe white people, particularly from the south. But by your 'reasoning' the 'N' word is not racial because as the late Robert Byrd reminded us, there are plenty of white 'N' worders out there too.

The N word is racial, but it's not a race. Just admit you misspoke and that rednecks aren't a race or ethnicity. Yes, there are a lot of white people, just like most Republicans are white, but that doesn't make Republican a race or ethnicity. You do see the difference, don't you?

Even for $5B of physical barrier funding, Trump's "people" will have to be able to describe his new physical barrier plan for funding completely. $5B of overall border security funding would not bother me. $5B of physical barrier funding without a clear understanding of their plan....NO DEAL.

It stopped being about illegal immigration the moment he triggered the shutdown.
This is now an ad hoc referendum on whether or not Trump intends to subject this nation to a never ending series of rotating shutdowns, and I predict it will ultimately end with his resignation from the presidency.

We didn't start the fire.

Back
Top Bottom