• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We are lending money we don't have to kids who can't pay it back to train them for.

Re: We are lending money we don't have to kids who can't pay it back to train them fo

If some jobs that no longer exist had been specified, I could take this more seriously. It's your thread, why don't you be more specific so a response is possible.

TV repairmen :shrug:

I think the point is kids are assuming the job they want will be there for them when they graduate and by the time they do, the field is saturated--like video game design or film school. It is a mismatch between skill sets--not literally nobody anywhere has that job.

Re: We are lending money we don't have to kids who can't pay it back to train them fo

I think the point is kids are assuming the job they want will be there for them when they graduate and by the time they do, the field is saturated--like video game design or film school. It is a mismatch between skill sets--not literally nobody anywhere has that job.

Oh yes. I wouldn't be enthused about lending money for degrees in Art or Medieval Literature. But it is reasonable to assume degrees in engineering, architecture, robotics, politics:( and programming will be valid on graduation.

The flaw in the system is that we don't evaluate anything case by case, it's always all or nothing.

Also, too many idiots are pursuing their "dream" degrees. Not the degrees that will actually help them. How many pure morons got degrees in "Art History" and actually make more than $40k? How many of those Art History majors now whine and blame other people about their retarded choice in life?

Back
Top Bottom