• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We are growing old together

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I've been on the forum on and off across a decade or so. Many members are older, probably due to available time and maybe not as much into texting, tweeting and Facebooking as younger people are. Across this time, members have passed away, faded away and told of growing health issues.

Among us regulars we are all growing old together. Time will take us all. There is no appeal from that injustice.

I've always been old. Most people will always be children.

I've been on the forum on and off across a decade or so. Many members are older, probably due to available time and maybe not as much into texting, tweeting and Facebooking as younger people are. Across this time, members have passed away, faded away and told of growing health issues.

Among us regulars we are all growing old together. Time will take us all. There is no appeal from that injustice.
Growing older, even old, is often much better than the alternative.

My two older brothers didn't have the good fortune that I have had, knock on wood. One left at 11 years, the other at 23.

So, I won the lotto being born in the US for one. Two, living much longer, enjoying life to a far greater degree than my older male siblings.

I am much appreciative, thank you God.

Really? I find it quite rewarding.

There's just SO much to know and experience.

Boredom is the only enemy.

I remember “boredom...........”

I find it very interesting that this format skews older and male, I wish it was more diverse. It seems to me that we are a stronger community than we were when I showed up three years ago, though my last home was a better community than this now over a decade ago when I showed up there.....before it was sabotaged by an arrogant ignorant owner. At both places I have learned a lot, to include grace and gumption in the jaws of death.

I find it very interesting that this format skews older and male, I wish it was more diverse. It seems to me that we are a stronger community than we were when I showed up three years ago, though my last home was a better community than this now over a decade ago when I showed up there.....before it was sabotaged by an arrogant ignorant owner. At both places I have learned a lot, to include grace and gumption in the jaws of death.

“Format” as in DP or this thread?

When I catch the guy who said "Look forward toward your golden years..." I'm going to skin him. Inch by inch. As slowly as I can, with a dull razor, hanging him upside down. Plenty of tar and feathers, handy.

When I catch the guy who said "Look forward toward your golden years..." I'm going to skin him. Inch by inch. As slowly as I can, with a dull razor, hanging him upside down. Plenty of tar and feathers, handy.

:2razz:

Get in line, it gona be a long one. :lol:

Really? I find it quite rewarding.

There's just SO much to know and experience.

Boredom is the only enemy.

I agree with you entirely.... besides, I already died when I was 20 - saw the paperwork and everything. Who am I to argue with Uncle Sam? *L* Pretty much everyday since, I wake up and think I'm doing alright for a dead guy. Life is about what you make it - if you go around disappointed and cynical and depressed, that's what it's going to be for you. Too many people just whine and wallow and waddle into whatever comes next. Not me. Next time I die I'm going to make sure I go down kicking.... not getting T-Boned by some VW on the Autobahn like last time.

For one thing, "the golden years" is total BS. It should be the "gray years". Just like plants that wither away as winter approaches. We lose our hair, what hair remains loses its color, our bodies damage with the simplest movement, and our memories suck.

The funniest BS is the statement by the aging "my body may be not what it was but my mind is razor sharp" oh hell yes Einstein. lol

For one thing, "the golden years" is total BS. It should be the "gray years". Just like plants that wither away as winter approaches. We lose our hair, what hair remains loses its color, our bodies damage with the simplest movement, and our memories suck.

The funniest BS is the statement by the aging "my body may be not what it was but my mind is razor sharp" oh hell yes Einstein. lol

Let me translate - I'm still horny.

But I dont want to get old!!!!

Growing old is NOT for the faint of heart, that's for certain.

Bette Davis once said, “Old age is no place for sissies.”May 11, 2015

If I'd had the wisdom of maturity together with the physical health of youth, I would have been downright dangerous.
Youth is definitely wasted on the young :lol:

If I'd had the wisdom of maturity together with the physical health of youth, I would have been downright dangerous.
Youth is definitely wasted on the young :lol:

Yeah, right? When we are younger and want to do all the stuff that appeals to us, we gotta work and fulfil our obligations. Once we near retirement and have the time to check off our bucket list, we also have to bring a list of whatever body part doesn't work and how to fix it.

Yeah, right? When we are younger and want to do all the stuff that appeals to us, we gotta work and fulfil our obligations. Once we near retirement and have the time to check off our bucket list, we also have to bring a list of whatever body part doesn't work and how to fix it.

Actually, a mixed bag. In my youth I had the perfect job for that age, professional musician and part owner of a rehearsal space and recording studio. My problem with youth, or rather, with being young, is that I didn't know what I was doing and neither did most people my age, but I thought I was going to be invincible and indestructible forever.

I've always been old. Most people will always be children.

Yup. I'm an eternal child. By body disagrees...but what does it know? Its just meat with eyes.

Back
Top Bottom