• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We are done as a democratic nation.

djt didn't start it, but he and the R party have boosted it to the point of making it standard practice. I feel like it started when the attacks on the 'educated elitists' became a pillar of the R party.
I agree and I fear it will will SOP for both sides eventually until elections become pointless so why have them?

I agree and I fear it will will SOP for both sides eventually until elections become pointless so why have them?
Because as flawed as the US system is, it is far better than most and almost as good as some.

If republicans get back power, I'd say we are. They already have the courts stacked wiht right wing hacks. They are already stacking swing state election boards with trump hacks, making laws to make it harder to vote. THey will go full in on it if they get back power
DT will continue to hammer away at elections until the day he dies. If he runs and loses, he will cry and millions will believe him. If he runs and wins, he will cry he didn't get enough votes and millions will believe him. If he doesn't run, he will cry and millions will believe him.

The problem is not DT, it's the millions who buy his story at the drop of a hat.

“There was a widespread understanding that this election [in 2016] was not on the level,” Clinton said during an interview for the latest episode of The Atlantic’s politics podcast, The Ticket. “We still don’t know what really happened.”
Buying this story is just as dangerous. How many do you suppose did?

Because as flawed as the US system is, it is far better than most and almost as good as some.
I meant after years of attacks and very little faith in them...the attitude will be "why have them"?

I meant after years of attacks and very little faith in them...the attitude will be "why have them"?
As long as R voters feel that way more than D voters...I'm okay with it!

It will bite us all in the ass if this many people continue to not have faith in elections.
I'm not sure. We already have one of the lowest percentages of participation in elections.

It will bite us all in the ass if this many people continue to not have faith in elections.

Hey listen I see you're concerned, I'm 100% not joking you should read my plan. I need to post it somewhere that it gets a lot of attention because I need to hand it to the right person, but It worked in 2004 on a small scale in Kansas. It just needs to get out there. My plan works. Read it. I promise, it would work.

Not time to give up. We're living the first draft of history. History books 20 years from now will describe the big lie in far different terms than it does now.
If Trump were to return to office, it will appear in the history books as the big hoax. The victors write the history

If Trump were to return to office, it will appear in the history books as the big hoax. The victors write the history
The victors write the first draft of history. That's why I said 20 years, more actual history will be known then. Less partisan fever will color the information imo.

When over 1/3 pf the population and one of two major political parties believe/claim elections are fraudulent when they aren't, we are done.

We have never seen this many Americans be so easily convinced to lose faith in our elections. Even in the middle of the Civil War we don't read about major politicians resorting to attacking election integrity just because they lost.

It's only a matter of time be for elections to become meaningless. I'm thinking within this century.
Thanks all you Big Lie believers!
The Big Lie exists only in the fervid brains of the loony left. Thanks for constantly stirring the shit by continually resorting to it when you have nothing solid.

The Big Lie exists only in the fervid brains of the loony left. Thanks for constantly stirring the shit by continually resorting to it when you have nothing solid.
What are you saying? That you don't believe that Repubs reject the results of the election? Or that you don't. I don't understand your comment.

When over 1/3 pf the population and one of two major political parties believe/claim elections are fraudulent when they aren't, we are done.

We have never seen this many Americans be so easily convinced to lose faith in our elections. Even in the middle of the Civil War we don't read about major politicians resorting to attacking election integrity just because they lost.

It's only a matter of time be for elections to become meaningless. I'm thinking within this century.

Thanks all you Big Lie believers!
I think you're right and the only reasonable solution is to kill all the Republicans and moderate Democrats that don't understand how desperate the situation is. We can never be a free nation as long as people disagree with the liberal agenda and the only way to save that freedom is to take it away from all those that don't deserve it.

The final solution is the only solution and liberals MUST win no matter what the cost.

The victors write the first draft of history. That's why I said 20 years, more actual history will be known then. Less partisan fever will color the information imo.
Unfortunately, if the O.P. is correct and the U.S. goes the way of Hungary (autocracy) , history books that do not voice the establishment narrative, will be banned.

I think you're right and the only reasonable solution is to kill all the Republicans and moderate Democrats that don't understand how desperate the situation is. We can never be a free nation as long as people disagree with the liberal agenda and the only way to save that freedom is to take it away from all those that don't deserve it.

The final solution is the only solution and liberals MUST win no matter what the cost.
Nonsense. This fracturing of the Republic is bad for all of us. Your hyperventilating comment is the type of discourse that deepens those fractures.

What are you saying? That you don't believe that Repubs reject the results of the election? Or that you don't. I don't understand your comment.
There was no "Big Lie" That's a LW-created slogan for use whipping up irrational idiocy amongst their willing followers, who dutifully bleat it out when ever they can.

Unfortunately, if the O.P. is correct and the U.S. goes the way of Hungary (autocracy) , history books that do not voice the establishment narrative, will be banned.
True, but currently I'd file that with the Chicken Little story.

Moderation on both sides is probably the key. That and revamping elections by making campaign season muuuuuuuuuuuch shorter and making elections government funded only. Yes, the devil is in the details. However, I'd venture to say most Americans do not respect elected officials and a large part of that is due to money and whatever money can do for an office holder or his/her staff.

Many elected officials are career politicians.

There is little accountability in government. Money often buys a candidate. Some of the slimiest people in America are attracted to politics. Words such as honor, character and integrity don't fit when describing American politics in general.

The idea of returning to democracy would no doubt scare the double-dog shit out of citizens in both major parties.

Moderation on both sides is probably the key. That and revamping elections by making campaign season muuuuuuuuuuuch shorter and making elections government funded only. Yes, the devil is in the details. However, I'd venture to say most Americans do not respect elected officials and a large part of that is due to money and whatever money can do for an office holder or his/her staff.

There is little accountability in government. Money often buys a candidate. Some of the slimiest people in America are attracted to politics. Words such as honor, character and integrity don't fit when describing American politics in general.

The idea of returning to democracy would no doubt scare the double-dog shit out of citizens in both major parties.
Money is the root………..

That said, Congress will never willingly cut their own throat.

They tried a smoke screen in the early 2000 teens, The Stock Act, they called it and it didn’t stop shit.

Steve Croft ambushed Nancy Pelosi, on 60 Minutes and she wasn’t pleased.

Maybe. But the mass acceptance of the Big Lie has shown the willingness of Americans as whole to not believe in elections.

It shows that it is getting more and more acceptable to more and more people.
Well you could say they believe in what they want more than they believe in elections. They believe in what they want and they don't give a rats behind how they get it. That much should be obvious. They don't even care what they will give up getting it.

What is surprising is that they fell victim to the Manhattan Fat Boy's spell. A guy who should represent to them everything they despise.....well except for one thing....He's white. Trump's attraction to them is the American Phenomenon of the 21st century. The American phenomenon of the 20th century is Newt Gingrich proving how easy it was to break the system of government. All it took was a sufficient degree of unscrupulousness and Newt certainly had that.

There is actually a 3rd phenomenon that is really killing us......Fugging Bush 43 led by the nose by Dick Cheney, John Bolton and Donald Rumsfeld conspiring to lead the world into the ever ridiculous Iraq2 war and not even having a good enough cover story for it. That war was not about WMD's. Filled the Sec of State with lies that he told straight in the face of the UN Security Counsel. We certainly know that now. Every trooper that fought in that war knows it. Every world leader knows it. Every Tom Dick and Larry..... everybody knows the Leadership of the United Started led us and allies into a war in the Middle East simply to further destabilize the Middle East. Bush 43 may not be as unscrupulous as Newt or as shameless and narcissistic as Fat Donnie. But he has to be the dumbest son of bitch ever to make it to the Oval.

If the United States was not already scary as shit and thought to be really fugged up before then it certainly was thought to be after that. If you really want to know when Americans stopped caring about the country it happened right there."Mission accomplished" and The 2007 financial meltdown was just the icing on the cake.

.........or we can act like elections are the most important part of our system and ask for more than the word of one man to undo them.

None of this matters if enough people want elections overturned just because they lost.

Back
Top Bottom