• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We are all genderqueer...

Do you agree that you are genderqueer?

• Total voters

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
:inandout:

"Genderqueer, also known as non-binary, is a catch-all category for gender identities that are not exclusively masculine or feminine*—*identities which are outside the gender binary and cisnormativity. Genderqueer people may express a combination of masculinity and femininity, or neither, in their gender expression."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer

None of us are exclusively masculine or feminine...

Why do people get so hung up on gender? You be you and I'll be me.

I may be wrong, but I believe that the unhinged hostility toward gay men throughout history is at least partly due to the fact that many straight men are terrified that they could definitely under the right circumstances engage in homosexuality.

We all know that self-identified straight men have indulged in such conduct in prison and in the armed forces.

In the United Kingdom, where gays were relentlessly hunted down until recently, it is common knowledge that homosexuality was accepted and even expected among the boys in posh private schools, but once they grew up, they were expected to go 100% straight -- or else!

When it comes to females, it is said that they -- in general -- do not find gender fluidity to be so abhorrent as do many males.

"Genderqueer, also known as non-binary, is a catch-all category for gender identities that are not exclusively masculine or feminine*—*identities which are outside the gender binary and cisnormativity. Genderqueer people may express a combination of masculinity and femininity, or neither, in their gender expression."

So what if we are? Whoop-dee-doo, we update our understandings of ourselves and live our new lives accordingly. Why do some people get so triggered over this?

So what if we are? Whoop-dee-doo, we update our understandings of ourselves and live our new lives accordingly. Why do some people get so triggered over this?

I am not sure... people should embrace who they are.

I was researching a paper in the library when I stumbled upon documented various stages of hermaphroditic individuals. Each stage showed a photo of a nude person from the back. The both sex organs person was first with each stage getting less obvious. So dude, if you'd have nice legs for girl, you're in there somewhere as are all of us.

Nobody is interested in the fact that they are gender queer?

Gender as applied to humans is an imaginary construct. Thus there is no such thing as genderqueer. I am a man. Straight up, end story

I am sure it is on a spectrum, but I don’t think that genderqueer is EVERYTHING betweeen the two absolute extremes.

I’m not as masculine as John Wayne or Ronda Rousey and my wife isn’t as feminine as Marilyn Monroe or Michael Jackson, but I don’t think that makes us “genderqueer”.

Nobody is interested in the fact that they are gender queer?

Nope.....not really.

But, then again I have no interest in the fact that my appendix is vestigial or that I cannot roll my tongue...does not affect my life in any way. :shrug:

Gender as applied to humans is an imaginary construct. Thus there is no such thing as genderqueer. I am a man. Straight up, end story

Men, by definition, are gender queer...

Nope.....not really.

But, then again I have no interest in the fact that my appendix is vestigial or that I cannot roll my tongue...does not affect my life in any way. :shrug:

You should care about your gender...

I get that you probably feel this is some revealing thread. Most people are pretty good with who they are, though. Those who aren't, probably don't want to get into it on a politics board.

Personally, I find the whole "spectrum of gender" stuff a little silly. Genetically, you are either male or female (with the incredibly rare situation that your body didn't quite finish the decision). You are either gay, straight, or bi. You can surgically switch genders, but not move along a spectrum.

Anything outside of these clear categories is just having tendencies outside of the norm. That doesn't change genetic gender. Nothing wrong with those tendencies, but I feel pretty silly trying to pretend something binary isn't.

There is something masculine about being able to piss in the urinal.

Humans, as a species, will bang anything.

Some of us bang the opposite sex, some the same sex, some both. Some both in the same session. Other animals such as Bonobos can be similar. Get over it.

Humans, as a species, will bang anything.

Some of us bang the opposite sex, some the same sex, some both. Some both in the same session. Other animals such as Bonobos can be similar. Get over it.

Is that your genderqueer talking?

Back
Top Bottom