• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We are all genderqueer...

Do you agree that you are genderqueer?

• Total voters
You are free to play with language all you like in an effort to dismiss things that make you uncomfortable... but it does not make the truth any less true...

I think we're done here. I answered your question, your definition is incorrect, and no amount of arguing on your point is going to change my mind on that.

I think we're done here. I answered your question, your definition is incorrect, and no amount of arguing on your point is going to change my mind on that.

This is an objective argument... what you think is subjective.

Gender as applied to humans is an imaginary construct. Thus there is no such thing as genderqueer. I am a man. Straight up, end story

:lol:

You don't think that looks insecure?

What are female/male traits? AT best you could only answer with something subjective unless it is related to biological mechanisms.

The traits females are socialized to express, and those of males, in society in general, is a matter of statistics and not subjective.

What are female/male traits? AT best you could only answer with something subjective unless it is related to biological mechanisms.

Masculine: having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with men, especially strength and aggressiveness.

Feminine: having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with women, especially delicacy and prettiness.

Both sexes share qualities of the other... gender queer.

No idea why people are so afriad of this neutral term...

Masculine: having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with men, especially strength and aggressiveness.

Feminine: having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with women, especially delicacy and prettiness.

Probably because of the word "queer" most people know the definition as interchangeable with gay. SO what the majority of people are going to think is that you are asserting that everyone is gay.

And at best other people will think that you are saying odd or strange by using the word queer.

So it reads like this:

gender gay or gender odd/strange or weird.

But as far as what you are arguing; it is old news. We already know that the sexes may share certain behavioral traits. But you only said traits and this is not descriptive enough.

"Genderqueer, also known as non-binary, is a catch-all category for gender identities that are not exclusively masculine or feminine*—*identities which are outside the gender binary and cisnormativity. Genderqueer people may express a combination of masculinity and femininity, or neither, in their gender expression."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer

None of us are exclusively masculine or feminine...

If you refer to yourself as a man or woman, then you're not gender queer, you are gender binary. It doesn't matter if your mannerisms and expressions seem more masculine or feminine to other people, it's how you identify with your self-concept.

The statement "none of us are exclusively masculine or feminine" is not a statement you can make. Some people feel that they are one or the other, and some neither. You can't tell people that they are or aren't exclusively a gender. That's not your call, no matter how objective you feel your assessment of their character is.

I suspect though you won't care about this because your OP has agenda written all over it.

WTF dude? I only asked a question. No need to act like a that.

"So everyone is the same?" is just a question. Okay. That's not dismissing my claim. No, that's an honest question. A little more honesty.

"Genderqueer, also known as non-binary, is a catch-all category for gender identities that are not exclusively masculine or feminine*—*identities which are outside the gender binary and cisnormativity. Genderqueer people may express a combination of masculinity and femininity, or neither, in their gender expression."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer

None of us are exclusively masculine or feminine...
But who decides what is masculine or feminine?

The traits females are socialized to express, and those of males, in society in general, is a matter of statistics and not subjective.
It may not be subjective, by that reasoning, but it is subject to change as society does.

It may not be subjective, by that reasoning, but it is subject to change as society does.

Gender roles (male/female, old/young, etc) have changed a lot in recent decades but remain founded in agricultural practicality and thus are not arbitrary or subjective.

Last edited:

Because you are using the definition to troll, nothing more. Here is the definition per your post...

Hell of a jump from personal identification to...

None of us are exclusively masculine or feminine... - Bodhisattva

So no.

PS: All human life starts as a female egg. So yea men and women have some physical crossover, but this has nothing to do with what you are proclaiming.

"So everyone is the same?" is just a question. Okay. That's not dismissing my claim. No, that's an honest question. A little more honesty.

So is everyone the same? You can either answer the question if you care or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom