• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

We’re Spending Less on Health Care than We Thought We Would before Obamacare

I assume you mean the article which states that Obamacare has very little (if anything) to do with the slower growth. Or does your opinion changes those items found in the article?

Read the article.............medical cost have slowed......... and if you might check the citations I posted

Medical cost have been reduced over the years of ACA............and the prediction made for ACA was 4% and for the years of operation in insurance premiums paid..........

No they haven't, they've increased. they just didn't increase as much as expected and insurance costs went up substantially.

I can understand you being upset......... what being biased and all...... But your opinion does not change the items found in the article

the article only compares a bad projection to what is happening. Look at the link I provided and you'll see that medical costs are on a normal pace, while insurance cost are rising faster than normal.

the article only compares a bad projection to what is happening. Look at the link I provided and you'll see that medical costs are on a normal pace, while insurance cost are rising faster than normal.

......."On average, premiums have risen by about 5.8 percent a year since Obama took office, compared to 13.2 percent in the nine years before Obama..........

Trump: Obamacare health care premiums 'going up 35, 45, 55 percent'
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...obamacare-health-care-premiums-going-35-45-5/

But healthcare costs are sitll increasing at pretty much a normal rate. We usually see a 4-6% annual increase in healthcare costs and that what we're still seeing. So if the rate of increase is within the normal range, then where's the story (other than a really bad prediction made in 2010)?

Also, while healthcare costs are holding at a normal rate of increase, healthcare insurance costs are rising far faster.

(Citation needed)

Back
Top Bottom