• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Watch what You ask For- 200% surge in Illegal Border Crossings Reported

Each employer should be required to verify each employee is either a citizen of this country or has documented proof that an immigrant is here legally.
Yeah, that doesn't work. Many states require eVerify, and it doesn't stop undocumented immigrants working there.

Also no benefits for anyone who is here illegally.
Yeah, we already do that, too.

the fines for employing an illegal also must be very harsh, steep if you will.
They already are.

1st offense = up to $2,000 per undocumented worker
2nd offense = up to $5,000 per
3rd offense = up to $10,000 per
Patterns of hiring undocumented workers can result in additional fines and 6 months in jail

We need total immigration reform and not a patch work of different laws we have now. Now that isn't about to happen as both parties see advantages with the way things are now.
Actually, we almost had immigration reform in 2014. But Republicans got all xenophobic and spiked the bill. Marco Rubio, one of the bill's sponsors, turned his back on it because of conservative outrage.

Cheap labor for the Republicans, potential voters for the Democrats....
Yeah, not so much.

I don't think it's just Republican employers hiring undocumented immigrants.

Permanent residents don't get to vote. Republicans don't seem too interested in allowing more permanent residents these days.

Immigrants are hardly a monolithic group that all vote Democratic. There are over a dozen nationalities for nations south of the US border, and some are solidly Republican (notably Cuban immigrants). Turnout rate is pretty low among many immigrant groups, too.

I'd also add that, at least in part, xenophobic attacks on immigrants make "immigrants will all vote for Dems!" a self-fulfilling prophesy. So yeah, that's a bit of a canard.

Reform seems pretty simple, similar to 2014 lines:
• Offer guest worker options
• Emphasize merit-based immigration options
• Current undocumented immigrants go to the back of the line.
• Current undocumented immigrants pay a moderate fee to naturalize (iirc it was $2000)
• Stop treating asylum seekers like shit
• If they committed a violent felony, no soup for you

It was a facetious comment.

Can't stand Trump and his bragging., but very much want the border sealed. Just as bad, we need to stop overstayed visas - too! Amnesty means nothing, without a sealed border.

Yep, which is why we need far better inferior immigration law enforcement and compliance.

Please see this post:

Trump isnt President. Whats BIDEN and congress doing about this?

True, Trump is not, but the numbers in the OP were from when Trump was

Anyone ever wonder why American Christians don't want Hispanic Christians here?

I bet God does.

A (relatively) small change to the federal income tax laws would almost git-r-done. Demand that employers document the allocation of direct labor costs to specific W-2 and/or 1099 employees - each of which would be run through the eVerify system by the IRS. Amounts found not to have been allocated to (eVerify) eligible workers would no longer be accepted as tax deductible (direct labor cost) expenses. Employers have little fear of the limited power of ICE, but very much fear the great power of the IRS.

Hehe. I think I'm gonna' vote for you, for President! :p

President Beijing Biden's war on the United States on behalf of his employer Xi Jinping continues to rapidly escalate. He is eliminating American jobs to shift to China as fast a possible.

He also attacks disabled, poor and elderly Americans with it necessary to increasingly cut the spending power of social security, SNAP and disability payments to Americans to give to non-American undocumented immigrants. With any luck, he'll be able to deliver economic death blows to the United States for Xi Jinping by the end of his first term.

Actually, quite the opposite
----------
Bidens EO's on immigration are the cause. Why wouldn't they be? Show up in San Diego and get put up for 2 weeks in a hotel for quarantine. Meanwhile, veterans are living in the sewers downtown.

DUI's, assaults, robberies etc no longer get you deported. See a felon gang banger and want to arrest them? Can't do that anymore either without getting prior approval from Washington DC.

And that's just some of the dog whistles tune

Beijing Biden openly hates American military personnel, that he calls "dull slow stupid bastards."

So whats Biden and congress doing about it?

Probably nothing. Both parties love their cheap labor. Even Trump did not really give a flying ****, he just used it for votes

Probably nothing. Both parties love their cheap labor. Even Trump did not really give a flying ****, he just used it for votes

Trump isnt President. Are you saying youre ok with BIDEN and Democrat congress doing nothing about it because they love cheap labor?

Trump isnt President. Are you saying youre ok with BIDEN and Democrat congress doing nothing about it because they love cheap labor?

No, I am not ok with it, but I acknowledge it is what is is. Neither party is going to do anything about it because it benefits both parties. Just one more reason I do not ever vote for the duopoly.

Back
Top Bottom