• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Watch : MSNBC - CNN International - On-Line

Well, like many people living outside the U.S. or with limited funds when it comes to affording "Specialty Channels" within my cable TV package, I really appreciate Free TV channels on-line.

And I did not think the advertising was excessive. At least there are not a zillion pop-ups like most sites have.

I am not pumping any thing at all .... I really thought I was being helpful.

Maybe others beside you would appreciate the links I posted.

Calm

Before I click on any links, I'd like to know what I'm watching for thanks. I'd appreciate more than "here watch these links and give MSNBC and CNN some free advertisements thanks". You come off as a paid staffer for the MSM.

To put some balance in your views? ;)

Well, like many people living outside the U.S. or with limited funds when it comes to affording "Specialty Channels" within my cable TV package, I really appreciate Free TV channels on-line.

And I did not think the advertising was excessive. At least there are not a zillion pop-ups like most sites have.

Calm
Great gesture, and thanks for the contribution.

But as reinoe, I would never have clicked on any link without explanation either.

Calm

Except for those living within the US those aren't specialty channels, and those who have ever had an internet connection here or anywhere in the world already have access to those. What's next, you going to tell everyone about google?

Except for those living within the US those aren't specialty channels, and those who have ever had an internet connection here or anywhere in the world already have access to those. What's next, you going to tell everyone about google?

Well Jolly Good For You!

I am a news junkie and I moved to a small town a year ago February. I used to have all the channels prior to moving, but now I don't.

All I have now is "Basic Cable" which is Zilch.

I have a 75 foot antenna, but all I get are numerous Detroit channels and they only televise crime and murders. (and re-runs of PBS "Eyes On The Prize)

For more than a year I cruised Mouse Land for other sources and put up with countless Pop-Ups. My anti-virus was workin' overtime.

Then about a week ago, I found these two links.

Goody For Me, eh?

Calm

Last edited:
I can't tell if you're just playing at this or you're sincere. Really? It took you more than a year to find CNN and MSNBC online? And in that time you never came across a browser with pop up or ad blockers?

Well, of course I found other sites but my computer was working overtime avoiding Pop-Ups.

And, many outlets would tell me that I was not living in the right area to view most of these.

The 2 sites I posted (thus far at least) don't give me hassels.

That is all I am sayin'

Calm

I can't tell if you're just playing at this or you're sincere. Really? It took you more than a year to find CNN and MSNBC online? And in that time you never came across a browser with pop up or ad blockers?

Actually, MSNBC is something I never think about and do not get on the TV. So it is helpful to be reminded and supplied the link. I will compare it to the large set of other news programs we follow here.

Well, of course I found other sites but my computer was working overtime avoiding Pop-Ups.

And, many outlets would tell me that I was not living in the right area to view most of these.

The 2 sites I posted (thus far at least) don't give me hassels.

That is all I am sayin'

Calm

Again, are you serious, or is this a come on? Every browser out there has pop up management rolled into it. If you're being held back by basic cable, but have an internet connection (obviously you do), how are you the only one alive who doesn't know you can watch TV online? For the cost of your basic cable you can subscribe to any of a number of streaming services.

Well, I am an idiot I guess.

I thought that I had a pretty good handle on computers and websites because I repair computers and design websites for people. That is where I got the money to buy my house a year or more ago. (I maintain a forum almost exactly like this one at DP too.)

However; since you seem to be so familiar ..... I would sincerely appreciate if you would give me a list of news links where I can watch without much hassles from Pop-Ups.

I have ZoneAlarm and a MalwareBytes Program installed ..... but I still get Pop-Ups and I am using Windows 7.

And, I don't want to pay to view on-line. Not a dime.

In the old days (perhaps 3-4 years ago) I used to download all the news shows from UseNet. It cost me about 10 bucks per month. Now I only grab software and e-books and stuff like that.
Binsearch -- Usenet search engine

Calm

Last edited:
Well, I am an idiot I guess.

I thought that I had a pretty good handle on computers and websites because I repair computers and design websites for people. That is where I got the money to buy my house a year or more ago. (I maintain a forum almost exactly like this one at DP too.)

However; since you seem to be so familiar ..... I would sincerely appreciate if you would give me a list of news links where I can watch without much hassles from Pop-Ups.

I have ZoneAlarm and a MalwareBytes Program installed ..... but I still get Pop-Ups and I am using Windows 7.

And, I don't want to pay to view on-line. Not a dime.

In the old days (perhaps 3-4 years ago) I used to download all the news shows from UseNet. It cost me about 10 bucks per month. Now I only grab software and e-books and stuff like that.
Binsearch -- Usenet search engine

Calm

Wow. Google is your friend, or use Bing, or any search engine - should take you all of two minutes to find out how to turn on pop up blocking in your browser. Probably take you another five minutes to find out what streaming services are available at little to no cost. If you really spin web sites, you should know all this. You should also know that ZA and MB are not pop up blockers.

Hang on here. This is not breaking news, but links to pirated cable TV networks, which are illegal.

lol, it didn't even occur to me that this was pirated ILLEGAL links. I just didn't click on it. Goodbye calm. ;)

Oh! I never knew the links were illegal.

Sorry about that. For a while I must of thought I was Hillary Clinton.

Calm

Back
Top Bottom