• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WATCH: Crowd Cheers Clinton's Call To 'Raise Taxes On The Middle Class'

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
“Because while Warren is standing up for a fairer tax code, Trump wants to cut taxes for the super-rich,” said Clinton. “Well, we’re not going there, my friends. I’m telling you, right now - we’re going to right fairer rules for the middle class and we are going to raise taxes on the middle class!”
WATCH: Crowd Cheers Clinton's Call To 'Raise Taxes On The Middle Class' | Daily Wire

For all those people saying Hillary is a wise alternative to the chump...

Why oh WHY did the primary system deliver such a piss poor choice for the GOP?

WATCH: Crowd Cheers Clinton's Call To 'Raise Taxes On The Middle Class' | Daily Wire

Probably a slip of the tongue. It's just like so many other politicians - or people in general - every once in a while they mean one word, but one other word comes out instead. This is why, while we all laughed at Bush 43's 'Bushisms', very few of us really thought that he meant exactly what he said when he said:

“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”

In other words, your reference is a great example of how people look at what's almost certainly a simple mistake, a simple slip of the tongue, and blow it infinitely out of proportion.

To paraphrase:
"I will **** in your face and you will give me your money."
Idiot crowd. "YAYYYYY HILLARY!!!!!"

Kinda says something.

Same with Trump.

Trump: "I'll defile your mama and kick your puppy in the face!"

Trumpsters: **clapping and cheering** "Finally! Someone who tells it like it is!"

Heh!

McCain had the same slip at a Tea Party event down here a few years ago. He corrected himself when the crowd was basically silent after his line.

To paraphrase:
"I will **** in your face and you will give me your money."
Idiot crowd. "YAYYYYY HILLARY!!!!!"

Kinda says something.
She may have been speaking to a crowd of unemployed women's studies students who have no jobs. So that could be the reason why they're cheering so enthusiastically for middle class tax increases.

Same with Trump.

Trumpsters: **clapping and cheering** "Finally! Someone who tells it like it is!"
I'd cheer for that because it's hilarious.

Hmm. I'm hardly surprised by this.

Hillary will undoubtedly raise the taxes on the middle class, as Obama has before her.

The 1%ers don't have nearly enough money for all that she wants to spend. They aren't nearly enough 1%ers. Not now, and never have been.

So where else to get the money? The middle class, because surely you can't take any from the lower class. They don't have any, and the Democrats would lose their voting block if they did.

All the chanting, well that's just the Hillarybots doing what they are told to do. Same as every other day. Hillary could get them to cheer for eating **** on a shingle.

Why is everyone so surprised at these things?

It was a daytime rally. All the productive people were at a job.

Of COURSE they cheered when she basically said "I want to steal their money and give it to YOU!!"

Same with Trump.

People on both sides are pretty much brain dead.

Same with Trump.

lol what did he say that was that bad?

or is it just his reactionary nature in general?

The country is full of stupid leftists.

Probably a slip of the tongue. It's just like so many other politicians - or people in general - every once in a while they mean one word, but one other word comes out instead. This is why, while we all laughed at Bush 43's 'Bushisms', very few of us really thought that he meant exactly what he said when he said:

“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”

In other words, your reference is a great example of how people look at what's almost certainly a simple mistake, a simple slip of the tongue, and blow it infinitely out of proportion.

Well, this slip of the tongue has the virtue of saying what Hillary will most likely actually do. Because they can't raise a significant amount of money just by taxing the wealthy. They will have to tax the middle class, that's where the money is. And that's what they will do.

Dem's have been for taxing the middle class since well on before I was born.
This wasn't a freudian slip.

renae, how do you deal with the staggering middle class taxes (taxes, plural) Reagan implemented? It just seems like you're posting yet another false conservative narrative as fact.

Well, this slip of the tongue has the virtue of saying what Hillary will most likely actually do. Because they can't raise a significant amount of money just by taxing the wealthy. They will have to tax the middle class, that's where the money is. And that's what they will do.

besides the fact that you can indeed raise a significant amount from the rich, you seem to acknowledge in a con sorta way that taxing the poor is pretty stupid because there no money there.

besides the fact that you can indeed raise a significant amount from the rich, you seem to acknowledge in a con sorta way that taxing the poor is pretty stupid because there no money there.

We should also acknowledge, in a lib sorta way, that proposed added taxation for only a minority is more politically sound. ;)

Our poor seem to have plenty of money for extravagant expenditures, else there wouldn't be so many hair and nail salons.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Yet another example of the conservative commandment: "If there's an accusation of anything bad against liberals or Democrats, no matter how strong the evidence is AGAINST that accusation, the accusation MUST be true."

Dem's have been for taxing the middle class since well on before I was born.
This wasn't a freudian slip.

The middle class shouldn't pay taxes??

Back
Top Bottom