• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Watch and Weep: Here’s a Video of People Signing a Petition to Repeal the Bill of Rig

Re: Watch and Weep: Here’s a Video of People Signing a Petition to Repeal the Bill of

Clearly these people are idiots, there's no doubt about that.

But I question the intellligence of anyone who would single "liberals" out as a danger to American rights and liberty when the Republican party gave us things like:

The USA PATRIOT Act of 2001

The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004

The USA PATRIOT and Terrorism Prevention Reauthorization Act of 2005

The REAL ID Act of 2005

The Military Commissions Act of 2006

The Terrorist Surveillance Act of 2006

The Protect America Act of 2007

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 Amendments Act of 2008

And various other legislative and statutory abuses that have done everything but protect our rights under the Constitution.

On the one hand you've got these dopey liberal fools who are like, "Yeah, why not lemme sign that (fake) petition" and on the other you've got actual "conservative" representatives of the people who did virtually everything within their power to erode American liberty by passing (real) laws.

And of course this says nothing about how "tough on crime" conservatives are chipping away at out freedom on the State and municipal level in order to protect us from "crime" or "drugs" or "terrorists" or what have you.

You must not have been paying attention this last decade or so.

Before you know it, if we keep electing these fools from either side of the aisle, we're going to have the "safest" police state in the history of the world.

am i republican? no im not. i disagree with all those laws and acts. What Im pointing out is the propagandized liberal ideologue sycophants who will sign mine, yours, and their rights away because they think their king Obama supports it.
that scares the hell out of me that this nation has become so drunk on the Obama koolaid that he could easily become a dictator and have the majority support

Re: Watch and Weep: Here’s a Video of People Signing a Petition to Repeal the Bill of

am i republican? no im not. i disagree with all those laws and acts. What Im pointing out is the propagandized liberal ideologue sycophants who will sign mine, yours, and their rights away because they think their king Obama supports it.
that scares the hell out of me that this nation has become so drunk on the Obama koolaid that he could easily become a dictator and have the majority support

I saw that you weren't a Republican. Sorry if you thought I was calling you one. I wouldn't want someone doing that to me either.

All I'm saying is that "conservatives" (nominally) scare me, and for very, very good reason, as much as liberal ideologue sycophants.

The liberals will sign our rights away (at least some small, dopey subset of liberals anyhow, the ones who actually signed the petition and consequently made it into the propaganda video).

The "conservatives" will just vote in droves to elect folks who legislate our rights away, and then vote in droves again to reelect the same crowd to continue stripping our rights away after 2/4/6 years of evidence that that's what they're up to.

I'm not really disagreeing with you, and maybe I'm "wrong" for doing it in this thread where the intent seems to be an effort to bash all liberals because of the actions of some liberals (almost certainly a small minority) but the point I'm trying to make is that in terms of the erosion of our rights and liberties on an existential basis (as opposed to what may appear in a propaganda video) Republicans and "conservatives" have been far and away the greater evil over the last decade.

Obama = Hitler in the very first post. That has to be a DP record.

Personally I like claiming that we will enter a dictatorship if we do not reeducate people, which basically means we are taking away rights of others in a dictatorial fashion.

Personally I like claiming that we will enter a dictatorship if we do not reeducate people, which basically means we are taking away rights of others in a dictatorial fashion.

We must take into consideration the rocket scientist who posted the OP.

I saw that you weren't a Republican. Sorry if you thought I was calling you one. I wouldn't want someone doing that to me either.

All I'm saying is that "conservatives" (nominally) scare me, and for very, very good reason, as much as liberal ideologue sycophants.

The liberals will sign our rights away (at least some small, dopey subset of liberals anyhow, the ones who actually signed the petition and consequently made it into the propaganda video).

The "conservatives" will just vote in droves to elect folks who legislate our rights away, and then vote in droves again to reelect the same crowd to continue stripping our rights away after 2/4/6 years of evidence that that's what they're up to.

I'm not really disagreeing with you, and maybe I'm "wrong" for doing it in this thread where the intent seems to be an effort to bash all liberals because of the actions of some liberals (almost certainly a small minority) but the point I'm trying to make is that in terms of the erosion of our rights and liberties on an existential basis (as opposed to what may appear in a propaganda video) Republicans and "conservatives" have been far and away the greater evil over the last decade.

those laws and the ones who support them where not made by conservatives most was done by moderate Republicans like Bush and McCain Rinos. the only rights that you say conservatives want to infringe upon is abortion and gay marriage and that is from the religious conservatives. there are different types of conservatives you have fiscal conservatives constitutional conservatives and social conservatives I agree with the fiscal and constitutional conservatives and not with the social other then abortion. i disagree with abortion after 12 weeks

I know you want to lump all conservatives in the same box and that is wrong.
like the tea party at first and most still don't have a platform on social issues it was all about fiscal and constitutional platforms they got tied in with the social conservatives because it was easier to demonize them doing so

those laws and the ones who support them where not made by conservatives most was done by moderate Republicans like Bush and McCain Rinos.

Nonsense.

Name 10 Tea Party Conrgess(wo)men and I guarantee you that 7 out of the 10 voted to further the erosion of civil liberties in the name of "security" or "defense".

How about we pick some BIG Tea Party names?

Michele Bachmann, Kristi Noem, and Allen West.

You're going to argue that these are strong constitutional conservatives?

Give me a break dude.

I know you want to lump all conservatives in the same box and that is wrong.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm a pretty conservative guy.

I'm more conservative than you are on the abortion issue. I understand that there are perfectly acceptable and necessary medical (including psycological) reasons for it but I oppose it as a form of birth control in all cases.

I've voted for Republicans most of my life (though on occasion I've had to hold my nose in doing so). I voted for Johnson in '12.

I understand perfectly that not all Republicans are conservative and that not all conservatives are Republican and that there's a huge spectrum in terms of policy position within both the "conservative" and "Republican" camps.

like the tea party at first and most still don't have a platform on social issues it was all about fiscal and constitutional platforms they got tied in with the social conservatives because it was easier to demonize them doing so

No, they got tied in with social conservatives because some of the biggest "stars" of the tea party movement are far right, religious fundamentalist, social conservatives.

Let's pick the same three high-profile Tea Party politicians, Michele Bachmann, Kristi Noem, and Allen West.

All are social conservatives, as are many other Tea Party "conservatives", many rabidly so.

This isn't a matter of the "liberal ideologue sycophants" in the "main stream media" painting with a broad brush.

It is, in many, many cases, a matter of the shoe fitting.

Nonsense.

Name 10 Tea Party Conrgess(wo)men and I guarantee you that 7 out of the 10 voted to further the erosion of civil liberties in the name of "security" or "defense".

How about we pick some BIG Tea Party names?

Michele Bachmann, Kristi Noem, and Allen West.

You're going to argue that these are strong constitutional conservatives?

Give me a break dude.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm a pretty conservative guy.

I'm more conservative than you are on the abortion issue. I understand that there are perfectly acceptable and necessary medical (including psycological) reasons for it but I oppose it as a form of birth control in all cases.

I've voted for Republicans most of my life (though on occasion I've had to hold my nose in doing so). I voted for Johnson in '12.

I understand perfectly that not all Republicans are conservative and that not all conservatives are Republican and that there's a huge spectrum in terms of policy position within both the "conservative" and "Republican" camps.

No, they got tied in with social conservatives because some of the biggest "stars" of the tea party movement are far right, religious fundamentalist, social conservatives.

Let's pick the same three high-profile Tea Party politicians, Michele Bachmann, Kristi Noem, and Allen West.

All are social conservatives, as are many other Tea Party "conservatives", many rabidly so.

This isn't a matter of the "liberal ideologue sycophants" in the "main stream media" painting with a broad brush.

It is, in many, many cases, a matter of the shoe fitting.

The Tea Party movement focuses on reform. Among its goals are limiting the size of government, reducing government spending, lowering the national debt and opposing tax increases.[21] To this end, Tea Party groups have protested TARP, the 2009 economic stimulus, cap and trade, health care reform, and what they see as efforts by the federal government to limit freedom of speech, the right to privacy, and gun owners' rights.[22] Tea Party groups have also supported right to work laws, and immigration reform that includes border security.

They have formed Super PACs to support candidates who share their goals, and have opposed many mainstream Republican candidates. Prior to the June 2012 Supreme Court decision on the new health care law, the Tea Party led efforts to challenge the new law in the courts. They have also mobilized locally against the United Nations Agenda 21.[23][24] They have protested the IRS for its treatment of groups with "tea party" in their names.

The Tea Party is part conservative and part libertarian, but it has avoided involvement with conservative social, religious and family-values issues. National Tea Party organizations like the Tea Party Patriots, Tea Party Express, and FreedomWorks are focused on economic issues, but they support immigration reform if it includes border security. Other Tea Party groups like Glenn Beck's 9/12 Tea Parties, the Iowa Tea Party and Delaware Patriot groups focus more on social issues such as abortion, gun control, prayer in schools, and unlawful immigration.[25][26][27]
Tea Party movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

when an organization indorses a Candidate it doesn't mean it endorse everything in that Candidates platform

That was different, where they were being manipulative to the chemically ignorant by referring to it as Dihydrogen monoxide and kept saying things like "its gotten into the food supply, etc.."

That Dihydrogen monoxide stuff is no joke, man. Breath it in in its concentrated form for even a short period of time and you are dead.

The Tea Party is part conservative and part libertarian, but it has avoided involvement with conservative social, religious and family-values issues.

The thing is, despite what Wikipedia has to say on the matter, the Tea Party hasn't, "avoided involvement with conservative social, religious and family-values issues".

The Tea Party can't claim that it doesn't take a position on these things formally and then have candidates running for office all over the country taking positions on these issues, being elected on the back of such positions, and then sponsoring and voting for conservative social, religious and family-values issues legislation.

Like I said, name 10 Tea Party candidates and I guarantee you that at least 7 of the 10 have mentioned conservative social, religious and family-values issues while campaigning (if they haven't gone so far as to make such issues cornerstones of their campaigns - many have), and then once elected continued taking strong positions on conservative social, religious and family-values issues and either sponsored legislation related to conservative social, religious and family-values issues, voted in favor of the same, or both.

when an organization indorses a Candidate it doesn't mean it endorse everything in that Candidates platform

Agreed.

But when it happens over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over , and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again?

I think then you're pretty firmly in "if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck..." territory.

Are all Tea Party candidates social, religious and family-values conservatives?

No, of course not. I would never suggest that they all are.

Are all rank-and-file Tea Party ralliers and voters social, religious and family-values conservatives?

Absolute not. Some are likely rabidly "liberal" in terms of social issues.

Are the overwelming majority of Tea Party politicians who are being elected and sent to Washington social, religious and family-values conservatives?

Yes, it seems to me that they are.

And in a very real political sense that's all that matters.

A party is only as good as it's members in power.

It doesn't matter what a website claims that party (or group) "ideally" is or isn't.

What matters is how it's governing.

Back
Top Bottom