• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Waste of political capital

kanabco

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
There was not much left to spend but the GOP should be blasting Hillary for what Comey said in the press release, but not grilling him on why he does not recommend an indictment. Comey is a highly respected Director of the FBI on both sides of the aisle. He is even a Republican and was appointed by an republican president. There is nothing the senate questioning can do to change his recommendation but plenty they can do to besmirch his rep. They will regret this IMO.

mak2

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If Hillary had classified emails on her personal server, she is guilty. I don't understand why he would not recommend charges.

11Bravo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
If Hillary had classified emails on her personal server, she is guilty. I don't understand why he would not recommend charges.

Corrupt. Government.

Hell, they admitted her crimes! They just don't "feel like prosecuting". I may hate Russia and Putin, but he was so right about Obama's corruption. Isn't it nice that the Dems don't even bat an eye that Lynch met with Clinton privately the day before on his landing strip??? Are you kidding me???

mak2

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Could the charges come from somewhere else?
Corrupt. Government.

Hell, they admitted her crimes! They just don't "feel like prosecuting". I may hate Russia and Putin, but he was so right about Obama's corruption. Isn't it nice that the Dems don't even bat an eye that Lynch met with Clinton privately the day before on his landing strip??? Are you kidding me???

11Bravo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Could the charges come from somewhere else?

That's a great question. I think Congress but I'm really unsure. If Congress is the case, I doubt anything will happen. Congress is about as useful as a bowl of mice.

mak2

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Comey said something about her security clearance but then said that is not what they are here for today. I thought at the time he left some sort of opening.
That's a great question. I think Congress but I'm really unsure. If Congress is the case, I doubt anything will happen. Congress is about as useful as a bowl of mice.

jimbo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

He made the claim that no reasonable prosecutor would file charges. Even after laying out ten minutes worth of the reasons she should be charged. Apparently there aren't many reasonable prosecutors.

Nevertheless, Comey seemed to provide plenty of fodder for the Trump campaign to use. Why?a
Possibly no choice in finding nothing prosicuteable but having enough integrity to compensate.

For me that the fix was in was a given. The events of the past month wouldn't have happened without it.

Carjosse

Sit Nomine Digna
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

From what I have read on the topic recently it is because it would be very hard to prove she did on purpose and/or to cause harm to the United States.

kanabco

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
From what I have read on the topic recently it is because it would be very hard to prove she did on purpose and/or to cause harm to the United States.
There have a number of articles written about this recently and most of them revolving around the fact that Obama would not have allowed Hillary to run if he didn't know that she was never going to be indicted. He would have picked Biden if there was any chance at all of a prosecution.

mak2

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I just found this and posted it on another thread. What are administrative or security sanctions? Who actually does these sanctions?

Transcript: FBI Director Comey's full remarks on Clinton email probe - Fortworthbusiness.com: News

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.

11Bravo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
He made the claim that no reasonable prosecutor would file charges. Even after laying out ten minutes worth of the reasons she should be charged. Apparently there aren't many reasonable prosecutors.

Nevertheless, Comey seemed to provide plenty of fodder for the Trump campaign to use. Why?a
Possibly no choice in finding nothing prosicuteable but having enough integrity to compensate.

For me that the fix was in was a given. The events of the past month wouldn't have happened without it.

Classic pro-Hillary rhetoric. Problem is, everyone else who violates NISP gets indicted. How many times do the brainwashed idiots ignore that, then are shown the proof, and then deflect?

Wow, America truly has become the land of the idiots.

11Bravo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I just found this and posted it on another thread. What are administrative or security sanctions? Who actually does these sanctions?

Transcript: FBI Director Comey's full remarks on Clinton email probe - Fortworthbusiness.com: News

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.

Violations of NISP are why we have a compliance department that links directly to DSS. If shown that there was a violation, prosecution is always the next step. I don't know how many security briefings they give in the duration of a single year, when holding any clearance above SECRET. This is pure corruption.

Top Bottom