• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wasserman Schultz resigning as party leader

Nilly

stb
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Wasserman Schultz resigning as party leader - CNNPolitics.com

(CNN)Debbie Wasserman Schultz is stepping down as chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee at the end of the party's convention, which is set to begin here Monday.

The Florida congresswoman's resignation -- under pressure from top Democrats -- comes amid hackers' release of emails that show DNC staffers favoring Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders in the party's 2016 nominating contest.

Well, a not unexpected followon from the leaked DNC emails. Sanders called for her to step down months ago, and reiterated that today in wake of the email leak. The damage is already done in terms of the Democratic nomination though.

This doesn't reflect well on the DNC's actions, but I hope this resignation prompts more future transparency from the DNC. Will be interesting to see HRC's official word on this.

Well, a not unexpected followon from the leaked DNC emails. Sanders called for her to step down months ago, and reiterated that today in wake of the email leak. The damage is already done in terms of the Democratic nomination though.

This doesn't reflect well on the DNC's actions, but I hope this resignation prompts more future transparency from the DNC. Will be interesting to see HRC's official word on this.

They are as transparent as the Obama administration. Why change now?

Damn, beat me to it.

New article that came out a few minutes ago:

Democratic party chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz steps down

BREAKING: Democratic party chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz steps down on eve of convention after being exposed for bias in humiliating WikiLeaks email hack
  • The controversy exploded over the weekend after 19,000 hacked emails were published by Wikileaks last week
  • Some suggested the Democratic Nation Committee was favoring Hillary Clinton during the primary season
  • The revelations prompted runner-up Bernie Sanders to call for Debbie Wasserman Schultz's resignation on Sunday
  • Sanders criticized Wasserman Schultz throughout primaries, accusing party of rigging process in Clinton's favor

Read more: Democratic party chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz steps down | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Hang onto something. This crazy election process just got crazier.

This doesn't reflect well on the DNC's actions, but I hope this resignation prompts more future transparency from the DNC.

Bwwwaaahahahahahahahahahahaha

No, they want this swept under the rug. If they can get her to resign and then hope the election cycle takes over the news feeds, that will be the best for them. Opps, our bad...then poof forgotten.

There will be no changes that result from this.

Better transparency in the future? No. Better cyber security? Oh yeah.

No, they want this swept under the rug. If they can get her to resign and then hope the election cycle takes over the news feeds, that will be the best for them. Opps, our bad...then poof forgotten.

I dunno, if they keep pushing Clinton for nominee after this they may just end up alienating themselves and handing Trump the White House.
I dunno if they want to risk that.

This doesn't reflect well on the DNC's actions, but I hope this resignation prompts more future transparency from the DNC.

That's a pipe dream. There's gonna be no transparency coming from the DNC anytime soon.

That's a pipe dream. There's gonna be no transparency coming from the DNC anytime soon.
Or any Establishment-controlled party for that matter. It's because they know that people don't want what they're trying to cram down our throats, and nothing they have planned is good for the citizens of this country.

Jesus Christ and THIS story broke not long after the thread topic.

The Democrat Party is coming apart at the seams, they need to abort if they don't want Trump to be President.

They are as transparent as the Obama administration. Why change now?

Because the current lack of transparency from the DNC has led to absolute disaster, and a real possibility of a loss to a maniac in the form of Donald Trump. This should have been the easiest electoral year for the democrats in recent history, yet they've done nothing but shoot themselves in the foot over and over again. I would hope, that given the trainwreck that this whole situation has been, that whomever comes in now has the wherewithal to instigate some change. The DNC might have been corrupt, but they're not stupid. They have to realize that they have a lot of trust to regain, and to paraphrase someone from another thread (I forget who), if they don't want dirty laundry aired, they better stop making dirty laundry.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic.

Because the current lack of transparency from the DNC has led to absolute disaster, and a real possibility of a loss to a maniac in the form of Donald Trump. This should have been the easiest electoral year for the democrats in recent history, yet they've done nothing but shoot themselves in the foot over and over again. I would hope, that given the trainwreck that this whole situation has been, that whomever comes in now has the wherewithal to instigate some change. The DNC might have been corrupt, but they're not stupid. They have to realize that they have a lot of trust to regain, and to paraphrase someone from another thread (I forget who), if they don't want dirty laundry aired, they better stop making dirty laundry.

Again, they followed the leadership. Transparency is a word, bandied about and rarely practiced.

Too little, too late.

Politicians have an interest in getting around certain procedural issues dealing with communication, so private servers and other non-secure means of communications will be readily used.

Does anyone honestly believe Wasserman didn't do exactly what Hillary told her to do?

Same with Donna Brazielle?

Right now the Democratic Party is in emergency mode! They have been exposed and the Sanders supporters/delegates are incensed.
This is just the start of the damage of the Wiki Leaks. If they think by Schultz stepping aside will calm people they are very wrong.

The media was all a flutter about the RCN being unruly. Wait till you see what happens this week in Philly!

I have no idea why she's resigning. It was never a secret that Hillary was going to be the nominee this year and anyone who really thought that an election mattered when it came to that fact has their head in the clouds. The Clintons are the king and queen of the Democrat party and have been since the 90's. Obama was allowed the WH in 2008 only because that solidified the black vote. He might be the ideological face of the party but Clinton is the bank so she gets to make the calls.

So the DNC hasn't started and there is chaos !! :lamo

What morons.

When will people realize that EVERYTHING in EVERY email they send MUST be assumed to be public one day...if not today.

Au contraire, I would submit that they are both. Hillary may well lose this election.

Imagine if the Republicans had nominated a competent candidate. They would walk away with the election in a heartbeat.

As it is, maybe both parties will crash and burn. That would be something to watch. v

it was time for her to go. issue one was poor party messaging. issue two was that the DNC got behind one candidate from the beginning and tried to work against the other one. it looks like she's still going to try to gavel the convention in and out and give a speech to the delegates, but the Clinton campaign will probably work to prevent that.

Back
Top Bottom