• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wasn't it obvious? As of today US will lose a serious war.

My younger sister-in-law who served in both Afghanistan and Iraq had a chuckle at your comments about women in the military.
I mean she probably also deep down knows I am right, a man of equal intelligence would be a greater contribution.

Joan of Arc probably would’ve laughed you out of the room when you wrote this.
Joan of Arc is a fascination of mine, and has been for a long time. She is not a feminist icon of kickass women in battle, she was a pious Christian peasant woman who recieved a call from God. She didn’t fight in any battle. She led religious revival and went to the front wearing armor and carrying a banner in order to inspire confidence in the Men to fight and to inspire The Dauphin to go to Reims for Coronation. She in fact was the perfect feminine hero, she was obedient and submissive to patriarchal authority and worked to install a Christian king.

And those women who dressed as men so they could fight in the Civil War were probably a better shot than you.

Just saying.
Possible. I haven’t shot a rifle for over a decade now. Although most soldiers in the civil war still fought in formation and fired volleys on command

Is the problem that you don't know what the difference is between a cruise missile and a ballistic missile?

Or is the problem that you don't know what the difference is between a fixed non-moving target and moving target that could be anywhere in a massive ocean?
So you think we don't have ways of finding where a ship is? Have you heard of satellites?

So you think we don't have ways of finding where a ship is? Have you heard of satellites?

How many ROR Satellites designed to track ships at sea for military operations does China operate?

(Here's a hint: The answer is "Zero")

BTW, how much time have you spent doing IMINT? Because I have quite a bit of time in the role and I can tell you that satellite reconnaissance data is at best hours old by the time its usable.

Yeah, that claim gets made in fiction, but its yet to be proven in reality. Too much G's can still rip a wing off a drone as much as a manned aircraft.
We have no idea how far our autonomous drone program is. It's top secret. What I do know is that human pilots are obsolete in fighter jets for sure.

LongShot.jpg

https://www.northropgrumman.com/what-we-do/air/autonomous-systems/future-aa/

Rise of the Machines: AI Algorithm Beats F-16 Pilot in Dogfight​

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/08/24/f-16-pilot-just-lost-algorithm-dogfight.html

Is the problem that you don't know what the difference is between a cruise missile and a ballistic missile?

Or is the problem that you don't know what the difference is between a fixed non-moving target and moving target that could be anywhere in a massive ocean?
It doesn’t take much to track a target that big. The Argentines had no problem attacking British warships, and they had far less capacity then China will.

Argentina just used S-2 Trackers. China likely has far better AWACS then that,

And since we’ve unwisely retired the F-14 we don’t have the ability to shoot the “archers” down before they launch missiles. A Chinese bomber attack with ALBMs can swarm our defenses just like the Soviet doctrine would’ve been. In post Cold War budget cuts they eliminated the replacement missile to the AIM 54 and no replacement for the Tomcat (which by far had the best radar suite of any American fighter) has been developed. Leaving an operational hole in fleet defense. I may be no admiral, but when playing Janes fleet command the Tomcat was indispensable

BTW, how much time have you spent doing IMINT? Because I have quite a bit of time in the role and I can tell you that satellite reconnaissance data is at best hours old by the time its usable.
Ok so a carry battle group cruising at 25 knots, if you get it’s location two hours ago you have so narrowed down its location that is valuable intelligence. You know a carrier you track near Midway won’t be in striking distance of anywhere in China for weeks

While the military was busied itself for decades focusing on getting women into combat roles and their relentless diversity training they failed to do its real job - make sure the US wins in the next war. What has been obvious for the last 20 years in the civilian world is news to our "progressive and enlightened" military leadership, i.e.; that cutting the budget for the entire US military foolishly relied on replacing quantity and quality of material and personnel spiffy new "information systems" was self-delusional pap about technological supremacy of situational awareness (even as the west was totally blind to Russian mobilization on Ukraine's 2014 border).

Hence, when Obama and Gates were busy slashing military spending on projects like the F-22, the "better information strategy" with the F-35 was touted as a cost-effective alternative. The mantra was, in so many words, why worry about the actual combat limitations of a slow and somewhat stealthy plane or bother with the advantages of a Zumwalt destroyer when we have better information? Computers and the Internet are the cheap miracle workers...right?

Whoops...turns out just like voting machines and the entire civilian world (including the producers of the remade Battlestar Galactica) ...a smart enemy can disable this "solution" with a little study.

And here's the "great news" Hyten said the US military won't be fully ready to fight with the new concept till 2030!, still using many of todays weapons, aircraft, and ships.

In other words, when Russia and China decide to attack allies, they can take what they like.
The military has become little more than a prop for the federal government. Their mission is to do everything in their power to make elected officials look good. I saw hints of the change in the early 80s but there was resistance then. By 1993 they started their TQM protocols and it's been all downhill from there.

We have no idea how far our autonomous drone program is. It's top secret. What I do know is that human pilots are obsolete in fighter jets for sure.

LongShot.jpg

https://www.northropgrumman.com/what-we-do/air/autonomous-systems/future-aa/

Rise of the Machines: AI Algorithm Beats F-16 Pilot in Dogfight​

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/08/24/f-16-pilot-just-lost-algorithm-dogfight.html

Artist concepts and a simulator. Man what evidence. According to artist concepts, we should have a fleet of catamaran carriers and destroyers armed with railguns today. Do we?

Artist concepts and a simulator. Man what evidence. According to artist concepts, we should have a fleet of catamaran carriers and destroyers armed with railguns today. Do we?
Like I said they are top secret. We won't know about them for years after they are operational.

It doesn’t take much to track a target that big. The Argentines had no problem attacking British warships, and they had far less capacity then China will.

Argentina just used S-2 Trackers. China likely has far better AWACS then that,

And since we’ve unwisely retired the F-14 we don’t have the ability to shoot the “archers” down before they launch missiles. A Chinese bomber attack with ALBMs can swarm our defenses just like the Soviet doctrine would’ve been. In post Cold War budget cuts they eliminated the replacement missile to the AIM 54 and no replacement for the Tomcat (which by far had the best radar suite of any American fighter) has been developed. Leaving an operational hole in fleet defense. I may be no admiral, but when playing Janes fleet command the Tomcat was indispensable

British warships were all grouped into a single small area supporting an amphibious landing. Compare that with the wide open Pacific.

You realize "Chinese bombers" are H-6's, knock-offs of Soviet Tu-16 Badgers, subsonic short ranged garbage platforms whose comparable Western designs have been out of service for more than 40 years, right? The Soviet Naval Aviation fleet of Backfires, they are not.

Also, are you aware the Super Hornet's newest variant of the AMRAAM has almost the same range as the AIM-54?

British warships were all grouped into a single small area supporting an amphibious landing. Compare that with the wide open Pacific.

You realize "Chinese bombers" are H-6's, knock-offs of Soviet Tu-16 Badgers, subsonic short ranged garbage platforms whose comparable Western designs have been out of service for more than 40 years, right? The Soviet Naval Aviation fleet of Backfires, they are not.

Also, are you aware the Super Hornet's newest variant of the AMRAAM has almost the same range as the AIM-54?
Yeah but does it (the super hornet) have the ability to paint 6 targets at once and launch simultaneously? And if we made the same generational improvements on the AIM-54 or a successor platform then wouldn’t the capability be even greater then new AMRAAM?

Maybe they do, I stopped geeking out on military hardware years ago.

Ok so a carry battle group cruising at 25 knots, if you get it’s location two hours ago you have so narrowed down its location that is valuable intelligence. You know a carrier you track near Midway won’t be in striking distance of anywhere in China for weeks

So the carrier group could be anywhere in a circle with a radius of 56 miles?

Well that means you only have to hit a soccer field sized target in a space of 9852.03 square miles. That's easy right?

Yeah but does it (the super hornet) have the ability to paint 6 targets at once and launch simultaneously? And if we made the same generational improvements on the AIM-54 or a successor platform then wouldn’t the capability be even greater then new AMRAAM?

Maybe they do, I stopped geeking out on military hardware years ago.

The new versions of the Super Hornet radar most definitely do have the ability to engage 6 targets simultaneously. Hell, they can engage a new target every time they fire a missile because the new AMRAAM's are 100% fire and forget.

So the carrier group could be anywhere in a circle with a radius of 56 miles?

Well that means you only have to hit a soccer field sized target in a space of 9852.03 square miles. That's easy right?
Well you’re not going to set target coordinates based on that, but you can then tell which assets are in range. If carrier number 1 was last seen off of Hawaii you know it’s not ready to strike China, and won’t be for awhile.

But if you saw carrier number two near Okinawa you have a pretty small area to look for it. And in reality much easier because the combat air patrol will be hundreds of miles away and tracked first

The new versions of the Super Hornet radar most definitely do have the ability to engage 6 targets simultaneously. Hell, they can engage a new target every time they fire a missile because the new AMRAAM's are 100% fire and forget.

That’s not the same thing as the Phoenix which was fire and forget for six missiles at the exact same time

Well you’re not going to set target coordinates based on that, but you can then tell which assets are in range. If carrier number 1 was last seen off of Hawaii you know it’s not ready to strike China, and won’t be for awhile.

But if you saw carrier number two near Okinawa you have a pretty small area to look for it. And in reality much easier because the combat air patrol will be hundreds of miles away and tracked first

Why won't it strike China from near Hawaii? With JASSM's and Mid-air refueling, the F-35 can easily launch a strike on China from that distance.

You seem to be operating with a naval mindset from WW2 (or even the Russo-Japanese War given your constant bleeting about the Russian Baltic Fleet).

That’s not the same thing as the Phoenix which was fire and forget for six missiles at the exact same time

What is the functional practical difference between firing 6 missiles at once and firing six missiles one or two missiles a second? Their flight time is still going to be more than a minute to get their targets.

Why won't it strike China from near Hawaii? With JASSM's and Mid-air refueling, the F-35 can easily launch a strike on China from that distance.
That’s true but then you have other issues like pilot exhaustion and the placement of air to air refuelers to launch a sortie at that distance. It’s not a 1 to 1 equivelant of a carrier near to say Okinawa. You act as though Chinese war planners cannot imagine such a thing and account for it.

What is the functional practical difference between firing 6 missiles at once and firing six missiles one or two missiles a second? Their flight time is still going to be more than a minute to get their targets.
I’d imagine a lot.

Because once the first missile hits the other aircraft in formation have a couple of seconds to engage in evasive maneuvers or deploy chaff. Plus once your radar acquires and enemy combat plane they know they’re being tracked

I don’t know, you seem to believe that conquering China will just be a matter of marching. Given the rank incompetence of our ruling class, the fact that toxic Progressive ideology has infiltrated the military, That our country is full of outright communist sympathizers to face no legal repercussion for being so, I think that our society would have no stomach to actually fight a war with China. And if it came down to war, I think we are going to lose and badly.

Little early for a quisling, init?

If we can't go toe to toe with China, with their deficient and untested military, then we have been getting ripped off by the MIC even worse than I realized.

We have been outspending them at a cartoonish level for decades. Even after their recent increases we outspend them 3 to 1, and we've been in more or less non-stop military conflicts for that same time. That sort of investment and practical experience pays dividends.

Doesn't make it easy, or even explain why we're in a military conflict with China when we are so economically interdependent. Even if they won, they'd lose.

I’d imagine a lot.

Because once the first missile hits the other aircraft in formation have a couple of seconds to engage in evasive maneuvers or deploy chaff. Plus once your radar acquires and enemy combat plane they know they’re being tracked

You think they won't be dropping chaff or evading until the missiles hit? You know modern aircraft have threat warning systems that detect incoming missiles from many miles away, yes?

In all likelihood, the Super Hornets are going to be targeting the cruise missiles the bombers launch and not the bombers themselves. The cruise missiles have a range of like 2,000 miles and they don't maneuver or deploy chaff.

That’s true but then you have other issues like pilot exhaustion and the placement of air to air refuelers to launch a sortie at that distance. It’s not a 1 to 1 equivelant of a carrier near to say Okinawa. You act as though Chinese war planners cannot imagine such a thing and account for it.

Never heard of "Buddy Tanking"?

So significantly more than China has, in addition to air bases across the pacific with aircraft superior to China's own, with vastly more operational experience conducting large scale air operations.

True, but our entire Air Force cannot be deployed to such a war nor can the Navy.
And all of such a war will be in Chinas region. The Aircraft carrier for China is called China and it will be in full range of the conflict.

Only to a person who doesn't understand how war works, maybe.
I’m sure admiral Kimmel thought the same thing

I don't really care for whatever ramblings you have about this country.
Foolish. Political disunity has certainly lost wars

Back
Top Bottom