• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wasn’t Trump supposed to have released the list of convention speakers by now?

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Wasn?t Trump supposed to have released the list of convention speakers by now? « Hot Air
Wasn’t Trump supposed to have released the list of convention speakers by now?

“So Wednesday, July 6th was the day. In fact, there was a speaker announcement that day — a leak to the NYT about one particular speaker, Joni Ernst, who reportedly has been given a slot in primetime. But what about the rest of the slate?
No worries, said Trump that afternoon. Wednesday was a day for letting Crooked Hillary squirm………….

Now that was a week ago….7 days and no list……….

NBC News reported 6 hours ago the best they could do is gather reports and new items reporting someone who said he/she has a speaking slot…………
“The campaign has not responded to repeated requests about the list and when it will in fact be released, but despite their silence about who will address the thousands of delegates, reporters and politicos who descend on Cleveland next week and the millions watching from home, several speakers themselves have confirmed their participation……………….

I wonder what that means. Like no one wants to speak………….. Or is it those invited to speak are not coming to the convention…….. Seems like more folks have no desire to be associated with the GOP convention then those who may attend……..

I hear Donald asked Bozo the Clown to give the Key Note speech…………..but he declined

SEE:
Here Are the Republican National Convention Speakers We Know Of - NBC News

Why are we supposed to care about that?

Why are we supposed to care about that?

the bigger question is why does a hard core Hillary fan boy care? he's not going to attend nor listen anyway

Because Trump might call imyoda to replace the guy that cancelled.

Too busy to accept the offer......I plan to be glued to the TV to watch every damn minute of the Trump infomercial.......Good comedy is hard to come by theses days.........

Too busy to accept the offer......I plan to be glued to the TV to watch every damn minute of the Trump infomercial.......Good comedy is hard to come by theses days.........

Well there are your posts.

UPDATE

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...28d14e-4453-11e6-bc99-7d269f8719b1_story.html
Trump promises ‘showbiz’ at convention, but stars on stage will be relatively dim

….. when the Republican convention opens next week in Cleveland, presumptive nominee Donald Trump will showcase an assortment of family members, defeated primary opponents and politicians whose names barely register with the general public. Many of the GOP’s past, current and future leaders are staying away from the spotlights at the Quicken Loans Arena…………

…. For months now, Trump has promised that his convention would be unlike any other — a dazzling, spectacular affair that soars above traditional political theater. In an April interview with The Washington Post, he said the Tampa gathering four years ago was “the single most boring convention I’ve ever seen.” He vowed to bring a “showbiz” quality to Cleveland……….

This all suggests a last-minute scramble to book speakers. Republicans operatives have complained that likely speakers have not been given final word on when they will address the delegates………….
…. or what themes the Trump team would like them to discuss in their remarks………

The very late uncertainty is unusual, because political conventions tend to be tightly scripted and highly choreographed………….and plans in place weeks before convention…..

Trump’s problem is no one want to tie his/her political career to a sinking ship.............

I'm in the "who cares?" camp. Not everyone is as seethingly obsessed about it as you.

Back
Top Bottom