• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Washington state Initiative Measure 1082

H

Hirocon

I'm trying to decide how to vote on this measure. Apparently, many employers in Washington are currently required to purchase state-run industrial insurance. The measure would allow employers, if they choose, to purchase private industrial insurance instead. Opponents of the measure say that it exempts private industrial insurers from the Insurance Fair Conduct Act, a consumer-protection law. Proponents of the measure say that it does NOT exempt private industrial insurers from the Insurance Fair Conduct Act. One side is lying, but which one? I tried reading the text of the measure, but a lot of it was over my head. Can someone more knowledgeable than me show me the specific language in the measure that exempts private industrial insurers from the Insurance Fair Conduct Act?

If this is a topic that is too specific for this forum, can somebody direct me to a forum dedicated just to Washington State politics?

Back
Top Bottom