• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Washington Senatorial Race

stellarrenegade

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I don't want Patti Murray to win, but I'm not so sure about Rossi. This is from Clint Didier's site:

I placed a phone call to Dino Rossi the night before my press conference offering him my endorsement upon his agreement to make a public commitment to honor the following platform planks. I asked that, if elected to the United States Senate in November, he would:

1. Pledge to never vote for new or increases in existing taxes.
  2. Pledge to never vote for any bill that causes a net increase in federal spending.
  3. Pledge to introduce Dr. Paul’s “Sanctity of Life” bill in the Senate (Since Dino says he is pro-life)

He refused. Sensing Rossi’s reluctance to a public commitment, I even offered to accept his private verbal commitment to me alone – believing I could then feel good enough to endorse. He still refused. The phone call ended there.

I did not ask for a commitment to reducing taxes and spending. All I asked for is a pledge to not let either grow beyond where they stand now. This only stops the train. Make no mistake, just stopping the train, or “holding the line” - a favorite statement of establishment Republicans - will not eliminate the pending bankruptcy and economic collapse we now face as a nation.

clintdidier.org

What do all the other fiscally conservative/libertarian Seattlites think? Can we count on him to reduce spending like he says, or is he just another politician? Please give me resources to read. I don't know Didier either (though he was endorsed by Ron Paul whom I trust as a person of character) so his evaluation may or may not be correct. I really don't want Murray to win, though. But with this evaluation of Rossi, I was planning on writing Didier in based on conviction and hopeful speculation.

Last edited:
I don't want Patti Murray to win, but I'm not so sure about Rossi. This is from Clint Didier's site:

What do all the other fiscally conservative/libertarian Seattlites think? Can we count on him to reduce spending like he says, or is he just another politician? Please give me resources to read. I don't know Didier either (though he was endorsed by Ron Paul whom I trust as a person of character) so his evaluation may or may not be correct. I really don't want Murray to win, though. But with this evaluation of Rossi, I was planning on writing Didier in based on conviction and hopeful speculation.

Do you think those Liberal Feminists in love with Murray will be just thrilled reading your entry (???)

Back
Top Bottom