• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Washington Postal Workers Defy USPS Orders And Reinstall Mail Sorting Machines

Unitedwestand13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
From Forbes.

After embattled Postmaster General Louis DeJoy announced he would pause recent controversial changes to U.S. Postal Service protocol, the service told workers not to reinstall removed equipment.

40 percent of the high-speed mail sorting machines in the Seattle-Tacoma area were disconnected or dismantled since the changes went into effect, according to NPR, with workers in the Tacoma, Washington sorting plant saying eight of their 18 machines that sort and postmark letters were disconnected and pushed into a corner.

Sorting machines in Wenatchee, Washington were also reconnected, against the orders of the Postal Service’s head of maintenance, Kevin Couch.

Only two facilities, Seattle-Tacoma and one in Dallas, seem to be ignoring the Postal Service’s directive to leave decommissioned sorting machines out of use.

Washington Postal Workers Defy USPS Orders And Reinstall Mail Sorting Machines

Good job USPS workers!

i can imagine expecting a flood of incoming work and then management starts removing machines for generic cost cutting reasons. that would be extremely frustrating even if it wasn't because some spray painted person wanted it to happen.

Cool story, but a great many of these machines nationally cannot be returned to operation anytime soon because parts were salvaged off them or they were moved outside for disassembly and are now ruined. That is why the director of maintenance told people not to try to reinstall them.

Cool story, but a great many of these machines nationally cannot be returned to operation anytime soon because parts were salvaged off them or they were moved outside for disassembly and are now ruined. That is why the director of maintenance told people not to try to reinstall them.

Turning back machines that were turned off is not labor intensive.

And because they were destroyed on purpose. Red, White, and Blue versus Red

And when any votes that pass though those machines are discarded, or in some other way affected because of the use of those machines. They only have themselves to blame for this.

And on today's episode of Trump Supporters Will Say Anything...

Turning back machines that were turned off is not labor intensive.

Like I said, this will not be the case in a lot of the facilities which is why the director of maintenance said for people not to do it. I know democrats don't care how many blacks have died in the name of looting and rioting for George, so I doubt they will care when post offices catch on fire or people getting electrocuted in the name of Dementia Joe and the Heels Up Band.

And on today's episode of Trump Supporters Will Say Anything...

If that's all you have to say Cardinal. Then it's good to see that your post still can't rise above your usual, bottom feeder antics.

Like I said, this will not be the case in a lot of the facilities which is why the director of maintenance said for people not to do it. I know democrats don't care how many blacks have died in the name of looting and rioting for George, so I doubt they will care when post offices catch on fire or people getting electrocuted in the name of Dementia Joe and the Heels Up Band.

What's the body count now, 30?

It is amazing to me the things that are now political in Trump's America. Whether or not mail should be delivered on time is now politicized.

Back in April, the Post Office was the #1 favorite government institution, with disapproval at 8% and approval at a mind blowing 91%. I was shocked by this. I didn't think there was anything Americans could agree on to this degree. If a poll came out asking if people would approve of having their nuts slammed in a hot oven door, I'd expect the results to be about 50/50.

How much do you want to bet that if a similar poll about the USPS were take today, disapproval would "inexplicably" shoot to about 42%?

Public Holds Broadly Favorable Views of Many Federal Agencies, Including CDC and HHS | Pew Research Center

Everything is political now.

It blows my mind

Should we spread a deadly and highly infectious disease? Seems like an easy no, but here we are.
Should we support racism? Seems like an easy no, but but here we are.
Should we deliver mail on time? Seems like an easy yes, but but here we are.
Should we lock kids in cages? Seems like an easy no, but here we are.
Should we let Russia influence our elections? Seems like an easy no, but here we are.
Should the President encourage Americans to boycott American companies during one of the worst economic times in our countries history? Seems like an easy no, but here we are.

Back in April, the Post Office was the #1 favorite government institution, with disapproval at 8% and approval at a mind blowing 91%. I was shocked by this. I didn't think there was anything Americans could agree on to this degree. If a poll came out asking if people would approve of having their nuts slammed in a hot oven door, I'd expect the results to be about 50/50.

How much do you want to bet that if a similar poll about the USPS were take today, disapproval would "inexplicably" shoot to about 42%?

Public Holds Broadly Favorable Views of Many Federal Agencies, Including CDC and HHS | Pew Research Center

Oh yea, economic crisis and these people would want to see the postal workers fired. Possibly imprisoned. I had a poster in here a few days ago tell me that postal workers productivity wouldn't be impacted by reduced hours. They can accomplish the same work in a 40 hour week as they do in a 60 hour week because all they do is sit in their trucks and get paid OT. They don't actually work.

It is amazing to me the things that are now political in Trump's America. Whether or not mail should be delivered on time is now politicized.

Did you know that, in America today, IF a "Democrat" developed a 100% safe and effective vaccine that would eradicate all diseases that could be extracted from a plant that used 1/10th of the amount of arable land that is now in cultivation but which provided 100% of the world's necessary food supply THEN the "Republicans" would unite in opposition to its introduction?

Did you know that, in America today, IF a "Republican" developed a 100% safe and effective vaccine that would eradicate all diseases that could be extracted from a plant that used 1/10th of the amount of arable land that is now in cultivation but which provided 100% of the world's necessary food supply THEN the "Democrats" would unite in opposition to its introduction?

Did you know that, in America today, IF a "Democrat" developed a 100% safe and effective vaccine that would eradicate all diseases that could be extracted from a plant that used 1/10th of the amount of arable land that is now in cultivation but which provided 100% of the world's necessary food supply THEN the "Republicans" would unite in opposition to its introduction?

Did you know that, in America today, IF a "Republican" developed a 100% safe and effective vaccine that would eradicate all diseases that could be extracted from a plant that used 1/10th of the amount of arable land that is now in cultivation but which provided 100% of the world's necessary food supply THEN the "Democrats" would unite in opposition to its introduction?

What are you basing this on?

The lies by both parties has reached levels never seen before. The destruction of our government may be our only hope of getting rid of the 2 parties destroying this country over which one will rule it.

The lies by both parties has reached levels never seen before. The destruction of our government may be our only hope of getting rid of the 2 parties destroying this country over which one will rule it.

Unless you can show me how the republicans are actively destroying the country. There's only one that's apparently working to burn most of it down.

You just keep making up crap and posting it, as if you think that no one notices.

Defiance on the part of postal workers?

What a shock!

I believe you are 100% correct.

I also believe they could both propose the exact same bill, with the exact same language, at the exact same time and they'd still oppose each other and call the others bill irresponsible.

Back
Top Bottom