• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Washington NFL Franchise

It was germane to your quote responding to my post which bashed your earlier post for applying a form of "yellow journalism," again.

If you think Smithsonian is yellow journalism then you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

tbh, if they're trying to keep the name Redskins then today's announcement was brilliant. people will still call them the 'Skins and they bought themselves a year.

If you think Smithsonian is yellow journalism then you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

No, your method of making use of the Smithsonian piece was the yellow journalism part, hence my quote:

“You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war.”
-- William Randolph Hearst

However, I must admit. That you don't get it is rather entertaining. :)

No, your method of making use of the Smithsonian piece was the yellow journalism part, hence my quote:

“You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war.”
-- William Randolph Hearst

However, I must admit. That you don't get it is rather entertaining. :)

Sorry, but the Smithsonian article speaks for itself. If it makes you uncomfortable and makes you think then it's good journalism.

Sorry, but the Smithsonian article speaks for itself. If it makes you uncomfortable and makes you think then it's good journalism.

The article talked about the Washington Redskins? I must have missed that part. :roll:

Snyder is still Snyder, but decision was prudent

Washington Football Team?

Well, it’s accurate at least.

The harshest among us wouldn’t even concede that because the team trains in Virginia and plays its games in Maryland, but I’m trying to be nice here. The name is a placeholder, an opportunity to buy time and increase the franchise’s potential to do right by everything a re-branding entails. It’s not just about having the creativity necessary to come up with a name but also solving any trademarking issues, creating a proper logo and mascot, developing possible traditions tied to the new name, and, most importantly, building up fan excitement with a sound marketing strategy and rollout. . . .

Native Americans don't get to ride free on the BLM train.

How about House Slaves? I am sure we can find a write up about how they were less than noble. Should someone just plaster an article about them in any thread discussing say...reparations?

I know you are all upset that your team has to change their name. But, try not so sink to the bottom, ok? The whole climate denial schtick you do here is bad enough.

How about House Slaves? I am sure we can find a write up about how they were less than noble. Should someone just plaster an article about them in any thread discussing say...reparations?

I know you are all upset that your team has to change their name. But, try not so sink to the bottom, ok? The whole climate denial schtick you do here is bad enough.

House slaves were still slaves, and no doubt subject to extra threats because of that. No, you don't have an argument there.

The Washington team name was never a hill I was going to die on, but I drew amusement from the virtue signaling of those who claimed without foundation to speak for Native Americans.

No, it's just that there remains a rich crop of hypocrisy to be harvested in this field.

House slaves were still slaves, and no doubt subject to extra threats because of that. No, you don't have an argument there.

The Washington team name was never a hill I was going to die on, but I drew amusement from the virtue signaling of those who claimed without foundation to speak for Native Americans.

No, it's just that there remains a rich crop of hypocrisy to be harvested in this field.

Fair enough. I don't agree with the opinion, but I accept your explanation as stated.

I retract my accusation of "yellow journalism" and apologize for making it.

Reports have a new name being announced in the next 48hrs.

Washington Redskins name change imminent: report
Didnt think Daniel Snyder would actually copout to the PC bull****, but i guess he isnt immune either

I feel sad....ok...i am over it now

Wasnt my team, but i lived there for 35 years....and went to a LOT of their games
Just call them the Washington Fedex PepsiCo BOAs then
The new name is Washington Football Team.

Washington NFL team to use 'Washington Football Team' for now, sources say

What a stupid franchise.
They should be called the lawn chairs.

They certainly folded up like one.
The lowly Redskins of our nation's proud capital shall henceforth be known as the Washington Wusses.

What could possibly be more appropriate for the cowardly NFL team that caved to Political Correctness?!

Back
Top Bottom