• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Washington NFL Franchise Names

New Name For DC Football

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sissie's not good enough for you, eh? In any event, if yours or my choice is selected, will you be buying their merchandise? I have to believe that either of our suggestions will be quite colorful:2razz:
Regards,
CP

would the "vagina hats" be a good start?

Or how about

WHITE SINS?

The Washington Union.

Did they ask real native americans or the elizabeth warren types?
Well you know, the Washington Post is such a conservative rag I'm SURE they went out of their way to bias it in favor of the white nationalists.

I suspect that they asked real Indians, and I suspect REAL Indians see the state of the American native and have a ****ton more to worry about than a football team name and Logo that were DESIGNED by Indians in the first place.

We have never lived in an era with so many mentally damaged, pussified leftists looking to get their feelings hurt and claim victim status. When the Redskins name was chosen it was approved by a tribal counsel. When the modern day logo was developed it was created BY an Indian and given approval as a symbol of pride by Indian chiefs.

First, when the Redskins name was chosen, it was not approved for by an Native American council at that time. It was a decision made by then-owner George Preston Marshall, who had an interest in things related to Native Americans. He was both inspired by Native Americans and wanted to change the name as they had the same name as the Boston Braves at that time. BTW, the coach Marshall hired...may not have been a Native American Indian. The jury is still out on that one.

Why Did the Washington Redskins Choose the Name “Redskins” in the First Place, Rather than Some Other Native American Name? – Marquette University Law School Faculty Blog

Second, the logo is fine. The name Redskins is not. The logo is a legit representation, not a caricature. So, your argument on that doesn't really mean anything. Besides, just because a small group are ok with it does not mean that the rest of the Native American Indians in this nation are.

Side note: before you call people pu$$ies for being PC, just remember that it was conservatives who got all bent out of shape when Obama wore a tan suit and blew off the top of their heads when Starbucks didn't put Christmas imagery on their coffee cups one year. Oh, the humanity!

Last edited:
First, when the Redskins name was chosen, it was not approved for by an Native American council at that time. It was a decision made by then-owner George Preston Marshall, who had an interest in things related to Native Americans. He was both inspired by Native Americans and wanted to change the name as they had the same name as the Boston Braves at that time. BTW, the coach Marshall hired...may not have been a Native American Indian. The jury is still out on that one.

Why Did the Washington Redskins Choose the Name “Redskins” in the First Place, Rather than Some Other Native American Name? – Marquette University Law School Faculty Blog

Second, the logo is fine. The name Redskins is not. The logo is a legit representation, not a caricature. So, your argument on that doesn't really mean anything. Besides, just because a small group are ok with it does not mean that the rest of the Native American Indians in this nation are.

Side note: before you call people pu$$ies for being PC, just remember that it was conservatives who got all bent out of shape when Obama wore a tan suit and blew off the top of their heads when Starbucks didn't put Christmas imagery on their coffee cups one year. Oh, the humanity!
Cool story bro. You posted an entire article fo could have and maybes and all kinds of other speculative **** similar to the people that claim the REAL reason they choose the team name was to mock the bounty on Indian scalps.

You have it backwards. Its a small group of politically driven leftists that have their ******s all smashed over this. Even Indian schools use the name Redskins.

Id say the same thing about people that got spun over Obama's tan suit that I said about the idiots that get spun up over Trump eating two scoops of ice cream or what Melania wears on any given day. And the same goes for the cancel culture PC crowd.

Cool story bro. You posted an entire article fo could have and maybes and all kinds of other speculative **** similar to the people that claim the REAL reason they choose the team name was to mock the bounty on Indian scalps.

You have it backwards. Its a small group of politically driven leftists that have their ******s all smashed over this. Even Indian schools use the name Redskins.

Id say the same thing about people that got spun over Obama's tan suit that I said about the idiots that get spun up over Trump eating two scoops of ice cream or what Melania wears on any given day. And the same goes for the cancel culture PC crowd.

So you don't see the difference between being upset over a national sports team being named after a racial slur vs. being upset about Trump eating two scoops of ice cream?

So you don't see the difference between being upset over a national sports team being named after a racial slur vs. being upset about Trump eating two scoops of ice cream?
1-Only idiot leftists deem it a racial slur. 2-No...because once you hit 3 years old you are supposed to grow out of that ****.

What do Red Mesa, Wellpinit High School, and Kingston High School all have in common?

"more than 88 percent of the students and 70 percent of the faculty at Red Mesa High School are in favor of keeping their longtime mascot. And most students (60 percent) said they did not agree that "Redskins" is a racial slur. Just 7 percent find the word is offensive, while the rest (33 percent) said they weren’t sure."

“I don’t find it derogatory," Red Mesa superintendent Tommie Yazzie told the newspaper. "It’s a source of pride.”

I don’t think that would bother who you think that would.

Well let us give it a try and see how it plays out?

Or perhaps we could rename them the Washington BLM's?

Or the D.C. SOB's?

All in honor of our ersatz president, the orange scat gibbon currently in the White House.

Donny would love that.

:2wave:

1-Only idiot leftists deem it a racial slur. 2-No...because once you hit 3 years old you are supposed to grow out of that ****.

What do Red Mesa, Wellpinit High School, and Kingston High School all have in common?

"more than 88 percent of the students and 70 percent of the faculty at Red Mesa High School are in favor of keeping their longtime mascot. And most students (60 percent) said they did not agree that "Redskins" is a racial slur. Just 7 percent find the word is offensive, while the rest (33 percent) said they weren’t sure."

“I don’t find it derogatory," Red Mesa superintendent Tommie Yazzie told the newspaper. "It’s a source of pride.”

Awwww. The students took a vote. Lol

The Snyders. That way they will always be losers.

Voted Red Tails though looking through wiki could see some better names. My joke suggestion has been Washington Uyghurs if they really wanted to make their sponsors and Nike uncomfortable.

But serious names:
Phoenix, related to War of 1812
Composers, relating to the Marine Band
Brass, Same with better logo potential

Probably better band related names but there is a reason I'm posting here and not creating brands :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom