• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Washington NFL Franchise Names

New Name For DC Football

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Then you would have white radical groups calling foul. That's no solution.

Who the hell is Snyder?

Why would I care if I knew him or not?

There is an unwritten expectation that if a poster is going to participate in a thread, they have a level of familiarity with the subject being discussed....:shrug:

There is an unwritten expectation that if a poster is going to participate in a thread, they have a level of familiarity with the subject being discussed....:shrug:

This thread is not discussing this guy Snyder.

The thread is about the name of the Washington Redskins new name.

This thread is not discussing this guy Snyder.

The thread is about the name of the Washington Redskins new name.

Open the link in post #1. The owner of the team (Snyder) has been the one holding up the name change..............like I said, a certain level of familiarity is understood and expected.

Which Jersey Shore do you hail from?

D3hgvHfNVvdToVxfTKkrbHih.jpeg

Open the link in post #1. The owner of the team (Snyder) has been the one holding up the name change..............like I said, a certain level of familiarity is understood and expected.

Which Jersey Shore do you hail from?

The town of Spring Lake (on the beach) about 5-10 miles south of Asbury Park in dead-central NJ. ~75 miles north of Atlantic City; 50 miles south of NYC.

Just moved back after spending years out in Palm Springs, CA; Newport Beach, CA; Northern Delaware and Pennsylvania.

Thanks for info on Snyder. I am not a sports fan.

I own my own Windows Tech Forum and do definitely understand that you must be familiar with thread content. I am a crash control expert (Blue Screen of Death - BSOD) and teach at our BSOD Academy.

Your warped perspective is shaped by Trump's "do-nothing" nickname. But with Trump running to Pelosi's Democrats for a social plan on March 13, the nickname is clearly an offense to the reality. Trump clearly knows it, you pretend not to know it.

It's amazing that your partisanship makes you so blind that you can accuse the Democrats of under-performing when it was the GOP that just betrayed the country by allowing their president to get away with trying to commit treason in your name. The Democrats rightfully impeached the traitor, after the GOP spent three years doing little and squirming around what they chose to fall in line with. With masses of Republicans and conservatives using this COVID fiasco as an excuse to finally jump ship, I would think a smart man would be able to see the reality. Democrats have been doing their jobs. Republicans have not and branded the Democrat's efforts to hold this idiot accountable as just "partisan."

It was also the GOP that made "The Party of No" a documented policy in the House and Senate throughout Obama's tenure. This was McConnell, Boehner, and absolutely Paul Ryan. And it's the GOP, instead of doing its job, that has allowed itself to be a servant to the current Executive now. This is why southern states are sucking COVID wind right now. Loyalty to idiot mattered more than loyalty to American citizen.

But why not? You people have an obsession with politicizing everything so why not even our entertainment? The sad thing is that you choose to see a pointing out of calling Native American "redskins" as just a political thing. This is just one more reason that Trump's support has seen disaster in multiple demographics.

Apparently a few words of poking fun at Washington Democrats has spawned your unmoored over-the-top rant against Trump, only part of which is even coherent. Because I have always made clear that I didn't vote for Trump (or anyone else) I feel no obligation to defend Trump or Republicans. However, in regards to entertainment being politicized, it is laughable to accuse "us people" (whoever that is) of doing the politicizing.

For the last 30 years we have seen an exponential increase of politics in entertainment (as well as ordinary life), most of it from the left. Or have you never heard of political correctness? So you aren't aware that well known entertainers have strongly complained about its effect on their entertainment, among them Tim Allen, Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld, Howie Mandel, Mel Brooks, and Dave Chappelle? So your are you not aware of the historic politicization of football by Kaepernick, which started this pollicization of one of the three major American forms of sports entertainment?

You don't think that Hollywood movies like Philadelphia, the Color Purple, V for Vendetta, Cider House Rules, and hundreds of others aren't left politics in adult entertainment? You don't think "kids" movies like Tangled or Brave are too obvious water carriers for feminist politics? You haven't seem "woke" politics infecting all forms of science fiction?

Only a grade A idiot would, upon thoughtful review, think that the problem of the politicization of entertainment is a 'right wing thing' when it is clearly many more times true as a left wing obsession.

My advice, do some thoughtful review before ranting. Or just rant...your choice.

Last edited:
Apparently a few words of poking fun at Washington Democrats has spawned your unmoored over-the-top rant over Trump, only part of which is even coherent. Because I have always made clear that I didn't vote for Trump (or anyone else) I feel no obligation to defend Republicans. However, in regards to entertainment being politicized, it is laughable to accuse "us people" of doing the politicizing.

For the last 30 years we have seen an exponential increase of politics in entertainment (as well as ordinary life), most of it from the left. Or have you never heard of political correctness? You aren't aware that well known entertainers have complained about its effect on their provision of entertainment, among them Tim Allen Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld, Howie Mandel, Mel Brooks, and Dave Chappelle? Your are you not aware of the historic politicization of football by Kaepernick, which started this pollicization of one of the tree major American forms of sports entertainment?

You don't think that Hollywood movies like Philadelphia, the Color Purple, V for Vendetta, Cider House Rules, and hundreds of others aren't left politics in adupt entertainment? You don't think "kids" movies like Tangled or Brave are too obvious water carriers for feminist politics? You haven't seem "woke" politics infecting science fiction?

Only a grade A idiot would, upon thoughtful review, think that the problem of the politicization of entertainment is a 'right wing thing' when it is clearly many more times true as a left wing obsession.

Actually, no. Right Wingers are the ones whining about Hollywood and someone kneeling at their football game. Own it.

Actually, no. Right Wingers are the ones whining about Hollywood and someone kneeling at their football game. Own it.

Thank your for contributing one sentence that is unsupported. :roll:

Let me guess...you read the articles that show 90% of Indians dont mind the name or find it an honor, and then focused on the poll done by Berkeley?

Do you know that there are Indian schools with their team name and Mascot "Redskins"? Today...still?

Yes, I saw that, plus another that attacked the way the poll was conducted, plus others that said Indians did want the name changed, plus another that said it would be nice, but that Indian communities have bigger problems to deal with. And two articles that had Indian leaders or councils calling for the name change. Oh, and if you look up “redskin” in a couple of dictionaries,the word is called an insulting name for Indians.

But I don’t get your underlying point. The name is insulting to many Indians. Their leadership has asked it to change. The Braves no longer use Chief Noc-a-Homa as a mascot I believe, Stanford changed its name, as have other colleges. As I said elsewhere, we no longer use the term Chinaman. Times change.

Apparently a few words of poking fun at Washington Democrats...

Unfortunately, this "poking fun" has become the base of why irrationality reigns among the right. You were thanked by a Trump cult member who's entire world view revolves around irrational hatred. Your joke, was his rally cry.

has spawned your unmoored over-the-top rant against Trump

Considering that he is already going down as one of the very worst in American presidential history, there can be no over-the-top. Over-the-top is the blind support that his cult offers him as he pushes foreign interests ahead of America's in virtually every region on the planet. He's done this in the Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East. So, why did Putin want to see Trump as president? Trump even tried to use a foreign government to interfere in the coming election. Over-the-top is just denial.

Because I have always made clear that I didn't vote for Trump (or anyone else) I feel no obligation to defend Trump or Republicans.

Fair enough. But "do-nothing Democrats" does resonate and calls out to that anti-left irrationality.

However, in regards to entertainment being politicized, it is laughable to accuse "us people" (whoever that is) of doing the politicizing.

And this is exactly the point. You have chosen to see something like clearly documented racism as a political tool. Instead of seeing Democrats choosing right from wrong, and politicizing it, you simply see politicization, thus oppose on a false political basis. It is the same garbage as Global Warming or childhood obesity, both of which used to be Republican platforms too because right and wrong used to matter.

For the last 30 years we have seen an exponential increase of politics in entertainment (as well as ordinary life), most of it from the left. You don't think that Hollywood movies like Philadelphia, the Color Purple, V for Vendetta, Cider House Rules, and hundreds of others aren't left politics in adult entertainment?

Two very different things:

1) Movies present stories, in which political people choose to rally behind or defend themselves against for really no reason unless they feel vindicated or attacked.

- The fact that AIDs and homosexual rights are seen as a "left" thing, and not an American right's issue, was a choice made by Christian conservatives.

- Seeing a story of slavery and a rejection of it as a "left" thing is a modern day choice of people who don't like being reminded that conservatives fought to save it. Even today, conservatives complain about the destruction of Confederate statues (made well after the Civil War and during Jim Crow), instead of acknowledging exactly what they represent. You choose to see the Color Purple as a "left" thing.

- V was about a rejection of right-wing extremism of the Nazi style, thus choosing to call that a "left" thing needs personal reflection. Thought through, this is akin to declaring that "the left" fought Nazism while conservatives stood by. This is obviously not true. "The left" was involved with the Soviet Union and the fight against Germany. "The right" was involved with defending Germany and fighting against it. But the movie V offends you?

- Didn't see Cider House Rules.

It is not "the lefts" problem that conservatives constantly side with authoritarianism and feel a natural disdain against those who reject it. If you can't watch these movies without feeling that you are being attacked, then reflection is in order. You should not feel attacked if right and wrong, not partisanship, matters. The twentieth century is full of liberal-minded people (to include conservatives) who chose to reject the radical right-wing all over the world. Today, American conservatives have chosen the radical right-wing in their zeal to reject right and wrong as factors in their agenda. That's a choice.

2) Democrats elected Reagan, Schwarzenegger, and Trump? It was the Democrats who used Clint Eastwood to try to denigrate Obama? Don't confuse movies that tell of the human condition for the conservative's enthusiasm to turn celebrities into political representation.

Say's the guy who likes to ignore Reagan, Eastwood, Trump, and Schwarzenegger...while defining movies of the historical human condition as political offenses against him. You see Star Wars? Were you angry when that Rebel scum ruined the Empire's good order and discipline? I mean, clearly, the destruction of the Death Star, government property, was just thrown in your face.

Last edited:
Yes, I saw that, plus another that attacked the way the poll was conducted, plus others that said Indians did want the name changed, plus another that said it would be nice, but that Indian communities have bigger problems to deal with. And two articles that had Indian leaders or councils calling for the name change. Oh, and if you look up “redskin” in a couple of dictionaries,the word is called an insulting name for Indians.

But I don’t get your underlying point. The name is insulting to many Indians. Their leadership has asked it to change. The Braves no longer use Chief Noc-a-Homa as a mascot I believe, Stanford changed its name, as have other colleges. As I said elsewhere, we no longer use the term Chinaman. Times change.
Pretty much the only people that are upset about the name are liberal SJWs.

I dont care if they change their name. In fact I think they should give them what the loudmouths are looking for and completely disassociate ALL indication, naming, and remembrance of Indian tribes and historical figures. Just eliminate them in its entirety. Cultural appropriation elimination complied with...in total.

I dont care if they change their name. In fact I think they should give them what the loudmouths are looking for and completely disassociate ALL indication, naming, and remembrance of Indian tribes and historical figures. Just eliminate them in its entirety. Cultural appropriation elimination complied with...in total.

A blank slate? Yeah, that would be nice.

That's actually pretty close to my second pick - Hogs. And that pays tribute to their famed offensive line during the Joe Gibbs era.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

I just told you that Indian leaders and councils have called for the name change. Can't Indians be SJW's? And by the way, what is wrong with being a social justice warrior? MLK wouldn't mind, neither would Cesar Chavez, John Lewis, etc. Abe Lincoln was a SJW, so we're the suffragettes, labor leaders, et al., even Moses and Jesus in their own way. Join the fight.

I just told you that Indian leaders and councils have called for the name change. Can't Indians be SJW's? And by the way, what is wrong with being a social justice warrior? MLK wouldn't mind, neither would Cesar Chavez, John Lewis, etc. Abe Lincoln was a SJW, so we're the suffragettes, labor leaders, et al., even Moses and Jesus in their own way. Join the fight.
When the numbers are 90 to 10, I'm a lot less worried about the SJW that have their little feelerz hurt, especially since most people that voice their opinion on this topic couldn't identify a football 2 out of 3 times without an instructor assist.

That being said...Im totally fine with giving the loudmouths what they want and completely eliminating Indian identity from ALL public streets, buildings, city names, etc.

When the numbers are 90 to 10, I'm a lot less worried about the SJW that have their little feelerz hurt, especially since most people that voice their opinion on this topic couldn't identify a football 2 out of 3 times without an instructor assist.

++ That was one poll. Different than others.

That being said...Im totally fine with giving the loudmouths what they want and completely eliminating Indian identity from ALL public streets, buildings, city names, etc.

++ You know that's not the point, don't you? No one is suggesting renaming the Dakotas. If they were North and South Redskin, perhaps.

++ You know that's not the point, don't you? No one is suggesting renaming the Dakotas. If they were North and South Redskin, perhaps.
Sorry, but as has been seen already, is never 'just' about one thing. No...its time to do the right thing and completely erase all Indian names and recognition. After all, someone out there probably has their ***** hurt over calling the Cleveland MLB team the Indians...and its only a matter of time. So do it...now...out of 'respect'.

That's actually pretty close to my second pick - Hogs. And that pays tribute to their famed offensive line during the Joe Gibbs era.

Hogs would be freaking awesome!

Sorry, but as has been seen already, is never 'just' about one thing. No...its time to do the right thing and completely erase all Indian names and recognition. After all, someone out there probably has their ***** hurt over calling the Cleveland MLB team the Indians...and its only a matter of time. So do it...now...out of 'respect'.

Regarding the Cleveland Team, cpl items: As a baseball aficionado, I like old timer stuff. According to one story, they were called Indians cause they had a Native American on the original Cleveland team back in the late 1800s. Also, the Indians retired the grinning Chief Wahoo from their caps and replaced him with a simple C. Do you object to that? Also, FYI, since you seem to not get things, it is also offensive to call a black person a "lawn jockey" or a Chinese person a "Chink."

More seriously and less snarkily, we have evolving standards of what is considered decent or appropriate in language. Old folks like myself sometimes roll our eyes at the ways people on campuses claim they are "triggered." Some folks objected that people dressed with big sombreros on Cinco de Mayo, not knowing that Mexico's logo when they hosted the World Cup some years ago was, you guessed it, a cartoon figure of a guy with a big hat and a soccer ball. I didn't know that the word "Mexican" had a nasty connotation connected to it til I moved to California in the early 1960s, and met people out here who didn't know that the phrase "Puerto Rican" had a nasty connotation in New York, where I came from. In both places, people "softened" the names by calling both nationalities "Spanish." Things change, however, Mexicans are Mexicans and Puerto Ricans are Puerto Ricans, and who now wouldn't want to date Jay Lo or golf with Lee Trevino?

Last edited:
The DC DOUCHE

Back
Top Bottom