• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Washington D.C. Police Officer Convicted, Faces Up to 60 Years in Prison for

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A grand jury convicted a former Washington, D.C. police officer on Monday of trying to help the Islamic State with material support and obstruction of justice. Ex-Metro Police Transit Officer Nicholas Young, of Fairfax, Va., was arrested last summer for attempting to send the terrorist group gift card codes he thought could help the militants secretly communicate with ISIS recruits, federal prosecutors said.

He was a longtime supporter of Islamic extremism, a Muslim convert and a Nazi sympathizer, prosecutors said

Young also told the informant he was stockpiling weapons in his home, and agents removed dozens of boxes meant to hold guns from his townhouse after his arrest, local NBC affiliate reported.

isis19n-1-web.jpg

Former D.C. cop convicted of trying to help the Islamic State - NY Daily News
https://nypost.com/2017/12/19/former-dc-transit-cop-convicted-on-terrorism-charges/

3 cases of Americans converting to Islam & turning into terrorists in only a week. These men are white, of various ages, not the typical Islamic terrorism suspect were used to seeing. Even police officers are becoming jihadists. Never thought I'd see that. There have been more cases in Britain.

Yeah....we're ****ed if we don't get a handle on this.

Well, they caught this one, and they also caught those others in Britain.
I did not do a ratio, but I think (and hope) those that were caught outnumber those that killed.

Soooo just how do you suggest 'we' get a handle on this???

My suggestions aren't popular these days. :shrug:

We'll continue on the road we're going; that of prosecuting Christians over wedding cakes while the religion that spawned Isis gains ground in the USA and Europe.

My suggestions aren't popular these days. We'll continue on the road we're going; that of prosecuting Christians over wedding cakes while the religion that spawned Isis gains ground in the USA and Europe.

Well if you can't even name your ahhh suggestions much less defend them... kinda tells the rest of us even you know they are ca-ca... :roll:

Now instead of the old dude barstool rant most of us see some bigots trying to use religion to defend their offensive actions. Like bigots used the Bible to defend banning interracial marriage, or slavery for that matter.

I believe using religion to define the terrorists is inaccurate. The petty tyrants and 'royalty' are Muslim as well. We LIKE those Muslims... :doh

This battle is for control of a region, a nation and a people. Those 'good' Muslims brutally suppress their religious minorities, even though they are Muslim as well.

Our nation's bigots have a long tradition of 'they all look alike to me' or 'the only good Indian is a dead Indian'

So continue the rants.... :peace

Well if you can't even name your ahhh suggestions much less defend them... kinda tells the rest of us even you know they are ca-ca... :roll:

Now instead of the old dude barstool rant most of us see some bigots trying to use religion to defend their offensive actions. Like bigots used the Bible to defend banning interracial marriage, or slavery for that matter.

I believe using religion to define the terrorists is inaccurate. The petty tyrants and 'royalty' are Muslim as well. We LIKE those Muslims... :doh

This battle is for control of a region, a nation and a people. Those 'good' Muslims brutally suppress their religious minorities, even though they are Muslim as well.

Our nation's bigots have a long tradition of 'they all look alike to me' or 'the only good Indian is a dead Indian'

So continue the rants.... :peace

Huh??

My suggestions aren't popular these days. :shrug:

We'll continue on the road we're going; that of prosecuting Christians over wedding cakes while the religion that spawned Isis gains ground in the USA and Europe.

So freedom of religion should only apply to Christians? Christians an atheists? Or do we need an approval of what religions can have freedom of religion? This isn’t China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a handle on this? You mean like "we got a handle on" drug use with Richard Nixon's declaration of the drug war? Or Bush 41's drug war, and the one every other POTUS has talked about?

Has it ever occurred to you that our present policy in the middle east and elsewhere might actually be CAUSING this sort of behavior? That the harder we "try" to use violence to "get a handle on this" the more it begets violence? The harder we try the worse it gets? That our status quo approach has not only failed, but made matters worse?

The war on terror is a crock.

I didn’t think that grand juries convict people. I thought they just determined if there was enough reason to indict.

So freedom of religion should only apply to Christians? Christians an atheists? Or do we need an approval of what religions can have freedom of religion? This isn’t China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the result?

-154 people arrested for Islamic terrorism in the USA since 2014
- China hasn't had any problems with Islamic terrorism

I'm not suggesting that we ban a religion, but rather we should be more selective with our immigration standards. We've done it before.

I didn’t think that grand juries convict people. I thought they just determined if there was enough reason to indict.

You are correct. GJ indicts people as instructed by the prosecutor, the Petit Jury convicts or acquits people.

Back
Top Bottom