• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Washington could become the first state to legalize human composting

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...first-state-legalize-human-composting-n952421

Washington residents "are very excited about the prospect of becoming a tree or having a different alternative,” state Sen. Jamie Pedersen said.

When Americans die, most are buried or cremated. Washington could soon become the first state to allow another option: human composting.

The novel approach, known as “recomposition,” involves placing bodies in a vessel and hastening their decomposition into a nutrient-dense soil that can then be returned to families. The aim is a less expensive way of dealing with human remains that is better for the environment than burial, which can leach chemicals into the ground, or cremation, which releases earth-warming carbon dioxide.
=============================================
The possibility of returning after death - as a tree or garden compost. Could become a growth industry.

The satanic hellscape my once beautiful homeland has become. This is why I’m saving to move out

I have opted for cremation.....wife plans to dump my ashes on her rose bushes. ;)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...first-state-legalize-human-composting-n952421

Washington residents "are very excited about the prospect of becoming a tree or having a different alternative,” state Sen. Jamie Pedersen said.

When Americans die, most are buried or cremated. Washington could soon become the first state to allow another option: human composting.

The novel approach, known as “recomposition,” involves placing bodies in a vessel and hastening their decomposition into a nutrient-dense soil that can then be returned to families. The aim is a less expensive way of dealing with human remains that is better for the environment than burial, which can leach chemicals into the ground, or cremation, which releases earth-warming carbon dioxide.
=============================================
The possibility of returning after death - as a tree or garden compost. Could become a growth industry.

One step closer to this:

th.jpg

The satanic hellscape my once beautiful homeland has become. This is why I’m saving to move out

Please hurry it up and get out then. Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out as well.

Go Fund Me? If they give for the wall, a few quid for you isn’t out of the equation.......my $0.02. Gods speed!

Please hurry it up and get out then. Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out as well.

Don't worry, no longer then a year.

Thank goodness. One less bible thumping morality hypocrite to worry about.

Why would you call me a hypocrite? what basis do you have for that accusation?

Back
Top Bottom