• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Washing DC power rankings

Linc

NIMBY
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
1. BHO--2. Reid--3. Boehner--4. Cantor--5. Justice Roberts--6. Schumer--7. P. Ryan--8. McConnell--9. Pelosi--10. Hoyer--11. SC-Kennedy--12. R. Paul--13. Van Hollen--14. Durbin--15. Cruz--16. MacCarthy--17. Murray--18. Feinstein--19. Cornyn--32. McCain--not finished yet

1. BHO--2. Reid--3. Boehner--4. Cantor--5. Justice Roberts--6. Schumer--7. P. Ryan--8. McConnell--9. Pelosi--10. Hoyer--11. SC-Kennedy--12. R. Paul--13. Van Hollen--14. Durbin--15. Cruz--16. MacCarthy--17. Murray--18. Feinstein--19. Cornyn--32. McCain--not finished yet

Is that their power levels?
It-s-over-9000-its-over-9000-29849302-496-370.jpg

Now is this necessarily political influence or functional political power?

With what they bring to the table, it's a work in progress.
These new ideas came from LMAO at the latest cartoons, both ways.
I have a shootout at the DC corral but to be PC, I should change it to debate, parliamentary style.
I've tried to organize the top 32 for face-offs, like #15 Cruz v. #18 Feinstein.
The Octagon also comes to mind.
Is that their power levels?
It-s-over-9000-its-over-9000-29849302-496-370.jpg

It's probably a combo of everything all of us can think of.
I draw no red lines.
I am organizing numbers for debate-offs.
The original though came from Bachmann complaining about Obama giving weapons to al Qaeda.
OTOH, McCain wanted more and sooner.
I seeded McCain #32 and Bachmann #455 in a 512-person bracket, with 26 debate-ins.
But now some Governors must be taken into account.
Now is this necessarily political influence or functional political power?

Political Power Rankings after todays events should see the rise of Sens. Thune and Blunt are into the top 32, 17-32 section. SC-Roberts and Kennedy forming third wing .

My top ten at the end of the day is BHO, Reid, Boehner, Cantor, Justice Roberts, Schumer, Ryan, McConnell, Pelosi, and Justice Kennedy.
I said earlier that Roberts/Kennedy are the third wing and will be more powerful than the other two wings, attracting Justices from both parties.

American People --Dead last.

My top ten at the end of the day is BHO, Reid, Boehner, Cantor, Justice Roberts, Schumer, Ryan, McConnell, Pelosi, and Justice Kennedy.
I said earlier that Roberts/Kennedy are the third wing and will be more powerful than the other two wings, attracting Justices from both parties.

What's your reasoning behind Ryan being ahead of Mconnell and Pelosi?

Ryan writes all the House budgets.
Rogers in Appropriations has been squeezed out.
This ACA/CR posturing began back in the spring.
I believe Cantor and Ryan are the dynamic duo.
McConnel can't afford any mistakes before the election and Pelosi has been minimized by not being Speaker.

Boehner was not in the Cantor/Ryan photo op showing 8 empty Senate chairs.
I haven't noticed Cruz being involved in Boehner's photo ops and calls for "conversations".
You do see McMorris Rodgers and MacCarthy, along with Cantor and Ryan.
Hensarling, Thune and Blunt reemerged today also, part of the old Sequester/Super committee.
What's your reasoning behind Ryan being ahead of Mconnell and Pelosi?

Ryan writes all the House budgets.
Rogers in Appropriations has been squeezed out.
This ACA/CR posturing began back in the spring.
I believe Cantor and Ryan are the dynamic duo.
McConnel can't afford any mistakes before the election and Pelosi has been minimized by not being Speaker.

Boehner was not in the Cantor/Ryan photo op showing 8 empty Senate chairs.
I haven't noticed Cruz being involved in Boehner's photo ops and calls for "conversations".
You do see McMorris Rodgers and MacCarthy, along with Cantor and Ryan.
Hensarling, Thune and Blunt reemerged today also, part of the old Sequester/Super committee.

Makes a lot of sense to me, thank you.

I was reticent to put Governors in the top 25 power pols.
However, after Christie met behind closed doors with Senate Repubs today, Christie breaks in.
I have Christie seeded #1 in the Repub primaries due to the TeaLoon vote being split.
He has a solid 50-state ground game and benefits from open primaries and split apportionment.
Makes a lot of sense to me, thank you.

Last edited:

Top Ten rankings are shaken by today's events.1. BHO.2. Cantor.3. Reid.4. Justice Roberts.5. McConnell.6. Boehner.7. Ryan.8. Pelosi.9. Schumer.10. USA.Boehner drops,Cantor rises,Reid drops,McConnell rises,Roberts rises,Pelosi rises,Ryan same, BHO same,Hoyer out,USA in,Schumer drops

Last edited:
as for a top 15 tonight:
BHO, Cantor, Reid..
Boehner, Kennedy, McConnell..
Ryan, Limbaugh, Koch..
USA polls, Cruz, Pelosi..
Paul, Schumer, Christie..

Top Ten rankings are shaken by today's events.1. BHO.2. Cantor.3. Reid.4. Justice Roberts.5. McConnell.6. Boehner.7. Ryan.8. Pelosi.9. Schumer.10. USA.Boehner drops,Cantor rises,Reid drops,McConnell rises,Roberts rises,Pelosi rises,Ryan same, BHO same,Hoyer out,USA in,Schumer drops

Back
Top Bottom