• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wash-Rinse-Repeat Biden Lied Again in 3/24 Briefing

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
A reporter asked why he thinks sanctions would deter when they clearly haven’t, then why expect different results with these?

Joe got all pissy and said they never inferred sanctions would deter anything.

Another BIG LIE

———

Five times the White House said sanctions could deter Putin

SANCTIONS MEANT 'TO PREVENT AND DETER'

Daleep Singh, deputy national security adviser for international economics and deputy director at the National Economic Council, said Tuesday that the express purpose of the sanctions threat was deterrence.

“Sanctions are not an end to themselves. They serve a higher purpose. And that purpose is to deter and prevent,” Singh said. “They’re meant to prevent and deter a large-scale invasion of Ukraine that could involve the seizure of major cities, including Kyiv. They’re meant to prevent large-scale human suffering that could involve tens of thousands of casualties in a conflict.”

A reporter asked why he thinks sanctions would deter when they clearly haven’t, then why expect different results with these?

Another BIG LIE

———

Daleep Singh, deputy national security adviser for international economics and deputy director at the National Economic Council, said Tuesday that the express purpose of the sanctions threat was deterrence.

“Sanctions are not an end to themselves. They serve a higher purpose. And that purpose is to deter and prevent,” Singh said. “They’re meant to prevent and deter a large-scale invasion of Ukraine that could involve the seizure of major cities, including Kyiv. They’re meant to prevent large-scale human suffering that could involve tens of thousands of casualties in a conflict.”

I can see where Biden said that sanctions would deter Russia.
I can't see anywhere except in this post where he said that they wouldn't.

I think this post was made up. Can you prove me wrong?

Another BIG LIE

———

Washington Examiner?

Try harder. Do better.

I'll give you credit - you didn't link it from an MSN or a Yahoo news feed and declare that the news aggregator wrote the article.

Another BIG LIE

———

You would prefer no sanctions?

Another BIG LIE

———

I remember him mentioning "at least a month" and I guess you had very inaccurate expectations of how quickly sanctions would affect Russia, when Putin anticipated this and created a 'war chest' to help prepare for it.

We knew this too. Sanctions are intended to cause pain...that takes time. I'm sorry you didnt get your instant gratification...your expectations apparently were founded in ignorance.

IMO it would have been a very bad idea to use them 'before' the invasion...that's what 'prevent/deter' mean. That would have been an aggressive move from us/other nations. Biden however, is using them correctly.

I remember him mentioning "at least a month" and I guess you had very inaccurate expectations of how quickly sanctions would affect Russia, when Putin anticipated this and created a 'war chest' to help prepare for it.

We knew this too. Sanctions are intended to cause pain...that takes time. I'm sorry you didnt get your instant gratification...your expectations apparently were founded in ignorance.

IMO it would have been a very bad idea to use them 'before' the invasion...that's what 'prevent/deter' mean. That would have been an aggressive move from us/other nations. Biden however, is using them correctly.
The point is he lied. He now says sanctions are not a deterrent. That was the reporters point

Old Joe gets pissed when people call him out. Hahaha
Stupid old fart.

Another BIG LIE

———

????? Well, what do the moronic GOPers think?? That sanctions will encourage ??

????? Well, what do the moronic GOPers think?? That sanctions will encourage ??

I think Biden needs to quit lying and assuming everyone who voted for him is stupid

The point is he lied. He now says sanctions are not a deterrent. That was the reporters point

He didnt lie and they have not yet had time to work.

Please quote the exact lie.

He didnt lie and they have not yet had time to work.

Please quote the exact lie.
We are not talking results here, but intent.

This is from Feb but Joe repeated the lie today. I have yet to download the transcripts.

Emphasis mine

==============================

On Thursday, President Joe Biden said that “no one expected” U.S. sanctions placed on Russia to prevent this week’s invasion of Ukraine – but, on Sunday, Vice President Kamala Harris declared that “The purpose of the sanctions has always been and continues to be deterrence.

Another BIG LIE

———

Which means that Biden only has around 20,000 or so lies to catch up with those told by Trump during his time as "president".

Which means that Biden only has around 20,000 or so lies to catch up with those told by Trump during his time as "president".
Whataboutism noted and dimissed

We are not talking results here, but intent.

This is from Feb but Joe repeated the lie today. I have yet to download the transcripts.

Emphasis mine

==============================

On Thursday, President Joe Biden said that “no one expected” U.S. sanctions placed on Russia to prevent this week’s invasion of Ukraine – but, on Sunday, Vice President Kamala Harris declared that “The purpose of the sanctions has always been and continues to be deterrence.

So, no lie from Biden. Thanks, I didnt think so.

And since we didnt impose sanctions until AFTER Russia invaded, they would not have been applied as 'deterrents' to invasion. :rolleyes: Hopefully they will deter/slow some of Putin's offensives.

Dont you get tired of being proven wrong all the time?

(And btw, 'deterrence' also affects Putin's strategies in Ukraine...we dont know what else he would have done by now if not for the current sanctions. Do you know? Of course not. So that's also deterrence.)

So, no lie from Biden. Thanks, I didnt think so.

Dont you get tired of being proven wrong all the time?

(And btw, 'deterrence' also affects Putin's strategies in Ukraine...we dont know what else he would have done by now if not for the current sanctions. Do you know? Of course not. So that's also deterrence.)
Wait... Are you implying VP Harris was out abroad asserting US policy that is not in align with President Biden? Please clarify

Wait... Are you implying VP Harris was out abroad asserting US policy that is not in align with President Biden? Please clarify

I just did, I made an edit.

LOL everyone else understands, even abroad. Too bad you dont LOLOLOL.

I think Biden needs to quit lying and assuming everyone who voted for him is stupid
I don't feel stupid though. In fact, I helped save this country from a slide into the dumbest version of Fascism ever with that vote.

Tht

Another BIG LIE

———

is not a lie but what he thinks. And if Biden ever reaches the 20,000 lies trump told, then tell us about lies.

I just did, I made an edit.

LOL everyone else understands, even abroad. Too bad you dont LOLOLOL.
Ok.... Anyway...

Bottom line

VP Harris stated sanctions are meant as a detterent

Papa Joe keeps telling reporters he doesn't understnad where they are getting their information from that the Administration thinks sanctions are a deterrent..

Cool....

Ok.... Anyway...

Bottom line

VP Harris stated sanctions are mean as a detterent

Papa Joe keeps telling reporters he doesn't understnad where they are getting their information.

Cool....

So, your OP is wrong, no surprise there...Biden didnt lie. When are you going to update your thread and admit it? (Yeah, that is a good one! 😆 😆 )

And neither did Harris...just because you dont understand how deterrence can work, doesnt mean anyone else was wrong...only you.

So, your OP is wrong, no surprise there...Biden didnt lie. When are you going to update your thread and admit it? (Yeah, that is a good one! 😆 😆 )

And neither did Harris...just because you dont understand how deterrence can work, doesnt mean anyone else was wrong...only you.
Joe lied. He said they never meant for sanctions to be a deterrent. That is a bold face lie. Joe just fumbled the question from the reporter as usual.

Joe lied. He said they never meant for sanctions to be a deterrent. That is a bold face lie. Joe just fumbled the question from the reporter as usual.

Funny, you never quote that. Let's see it.

Funny, you never quote that. Let's see it.
Easy.. I'll get the transcript. Give the gov goons time to generate it.

Back
Top Bottom