• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wash-Rinse-Repeat Biden Lied Again in 3/24 Briefing

more shitty trolling

Sure thing... Educate yourself.

Emphasis mine.

================

The State Department once refused to support a GOP-led measure which would have imposed immediate sanctions on the Russian Nord Stream 2 pipeline, writing in a January memo that President Biden's threat of sanctions on Russia was key to deterring Russian President Vladimir Putin's actions.

The five-page document, as reported by Politico, was titled "The Cruz Bill is Designed to Undermine the Unity of our Allies, not Punish Russia."

BIDEN INSISTS RUSSIA SANCTIONS NEVER MEANT TO DETER PUTIN FROM INVADING UKRAINE DESPITE PRIOR MESSAGING

The memo was sent to Senate Democrats in an effort to sway the outcome of a vote by the Senate on a bill that would have imposed swift sanctions on the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline, a measure introduced by Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz.

In the document, under a section headed "NS2 Sanctions are Credible leverage over Russia," the Biden State Department wrote that the "deterrent potential of sanctions/shutting down the pipeline would be lost" if sanctions were to be applied at the time to the pipeline which spans from Russia to Germany.

The sentiment offered in that memo from Biden's State Department earlier this year differs immensely from comments made Thursday by Biden during a press conference at a NATO summit in Brussels, Belgium. Biden now claims sanctions "never deter."

"Let’s get something straight. You remember if you covered me from the very beginning, I did not say that, in fact, the sanctions would deter him. Sanctions never deter. You keep talking about that. Sanctions never deter," Biden said in response to a question from CBS reporter Christina Ruffini.

Ruffini repeated the question, asking whether these actions could make Putin change course.

I remember him mentioning "at least a month" and I guess you had very inaccurate expectations of how quickly sanctions would affect Russia, when Putin anticipated this and created a 'war chest' to help prepare for it.

We knew this too. Sanctions are intended to cause pain...that takes time. I'm sorry you didnt get your instant gratification...your expectations apparently were founded in ignorance.

IMO it would have been a very bad idea to use them 'before' the invasion...that's what 'prevent/deter' mean. That would have been an aggressive move from us/other nations. Biden however, is using them correctly.
Thank you for utilizing "critical thinking".... we know its not a trait or habit in Right Wing Conservative Types, and some of those try and hide behind labels as Moderates... But, they do the same thing, which is wake up 'every day" looking for something to be 'aggrieved about'. They are so desperate to feel Aggrieved, they can't think beyond looking to shape something in ways they can claim themselves Aggrieved.

In the next decades a great many of those old incessantly aggrieved geezers' will find the end to their self obsession within their self created misery. One can scan the entire forum and other forums and not find anything these types who are desperate to create something to be aggrieved about, NEVER post that is positive or progressive about anything. Just a bunch of Miserable Old White Men, because they can't have their 1950's delusions.

Why did Biden lie? I'm starting to see this question on the networks this morning. The left has a major malfunction when it comes to word definitions for example, insurrection, is, woman, man, deterrent. transitory inflation on and on and on.....
Biden didn't lie, and now that it has been explained to you, it is you who are lying. Give it up. Get back to what you're good at; get back to the microscope.

Sure thing... Educate yourself.

Emphasis mine.

================

The State Department once refused to support a GOP-led measure which would have imposed immediate sanctions on the Russian Nord Stream 2 pipeline, writing in a January memo that President Biden's threat of sanctions on Russia was key to deterring Russian President Vladimir Putin's actions.

The five-page document, as reported by Politico, was titled "The Cruz Bill is Designed to Undermine the Unity of our Allies, not Punish Russia."

BIDEN INSISTS RUSSIA SANCTIONS NEVER MEANT TO DETER PUTIN FROM INVADING UKRAINE DESPITE PRIOR MESSAGING

The memo was sent to Senate Democrats in an effort to sway the outcome of a vote by the Senate on a bill that would have imposed swift sanctions on the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline, a measure introduced by Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz.

In the document, under a section headed "NS2 Sanctions are Credible leverage over Russia," the Biden State Department wrote that the "deterrent potential of sanctions/shutting down the pipeline would be lost" if sanctions were to be applied at the time to the pipeline which spans from Russia to Germany.

The sentiment offered in that memo from Biden's State Department earlier this year differs immensely from comments made Thursday by Biden during a press conference at a NATO summit in Brussels, Belgium. Biden now claims sanctions "never deter."

"Let’s get something straight. You remember if you covered me from the very beginning, I did not say that, in fact, the sanctions would deter him. Sanctions never deter. You keep talking about that. Sanctions never deter," Biden said in response to a question from CBS reporter Christina Ruffini.

Ruffini repeated the question, asking whether these actions could make Putin change course.

Saw a video clip on this earlier to today. Harris, Blinkin, Kibry (I think), and a number of others were all stating 'The President thinks sanctions will deter Putin's invasion'.
Seems like these people are all talking about both sides of their mouths, when it suits them.

I guess I'm real cynical, because I chalk it up to being DC politics as usual from those who've been DC bureaucratic swamp creatures for years.
This resulting in a dumpster fire of an administration, which caused an unparalleled number of simultaneous and needless crisis, but hey, at least we don't have mean Tweets, so some will believe this to be forward progress, of some sort.

Biden didn't lie, and now that it has been explained to you, it is you who are lying. Give it up. Get back to what you're good at; get back to the microscope.

Biden changes stance on sanctions, now says they ‘never’ deter​

President Biden on Thursday contradicted one of his own administration’s talking points during the run-up to Russia’s attack on Ukraine, admitting that sanctions “never deter” military aggression.

Mr. Biden’s comments came just hours after the U.S. imposed a fresh round of sanctions on Russia, slapping penalties against 300 lawmakers — including most members of the Russian parliament — and more than 40 defense companies.

A White House fact sheet hailed the move as a way to stop Russian efforts to fund its attacks on Ukraine.

But speaking to reporters after the NATO summit in Belgium, Mr. Biden acknowledged they don’t really work.

“Sanctions never deter,” he said.

Biden changes stance on sanctions, now says they ‘never’ deter​

President Biden on Thursday contradicted one of his own administration’s talking points during the run-up to Russia’s attack on Ukraine, admitting that sanctions “never deter” military aggression.

Mr. Biden’s comments came just hours after the U.S. imposed a fresh round of sanctions on Russia, slapping penalties against 300 lawmakers — including most members of the Russian parliament — and more than 40 defense companies.

A White House fact sheet hailed the move as a way to stop Russian efforts to fund its attacks on Ukraine.

But speaking to reporters after the NATO summit in Belgium, Mr. Biden acknowledged they don’t really work.

“Sanctions never deter,” he said.

Why not learn about Sanctions

Rather than going through this long spin,to seek something to play your "I'm aggreived" to push your Biden Bashing Obsession.... maybe you should learn what the U.N. is and how it functions and what NATO is and how it functions.

This is not some Stand Alone American created nor is it America led... it is N.A.T.O. and the U.N. - It's likely you don't have any respect for what is N.A.T.O. or the U.N. If you had, you'd not be "trying to make this situations a Biden Only situation".

The everybody is doing it childless defense noted and dismissed

.Just like Biden saying everyone knows someone who has been victimized like his son re:naked images etc.
Yet what cannot be dismissed is your hypocrisy.

gv032722dAPC20220327034505.jpg

I just watched the press conference. He indeed said it.

He announced additional sanctions. Never did he say they would not work. Why would he propose more sanctions if he doesn't think they will work?

He announced additional sanctions. Never did he say they would not work. Why would he propose more sanctions if he doesn't think they will work?
He does think they'll work to cripple Russia, but not to stop Russia in its tracks from bombing Ukraine, is how I read it.

He does think they'll work to cripple Russia, but not to stop Russia in its tracks from bombing Ukraine, is how I read it.
That does make sense. Of course, his political enemies are desperate to find any contradictory statements he might have made and hold it up as "evidence" that he's gone senile. Since most of them supported Trump, they're having a difficult time finding anything that Biden has done or said that measures up... maybe I should say measures down to what Trump did or said.

Back
Top Bottom