• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was Your Lifesaver's Life Just Saved?

Why would you reply to my comment and ignore the content?
Okay, of course I support helping people who genuinely need it. I'm sure we would disagree on where that line would be drawn. Why do you think illegals are crossing the southern border? It's because liberals have been making Americans lazy by giving them TOO MANY entitlements. Why work hard if Joe Biden is paying you to stay home and letting the illegals do the work you are too lazy to get off your butt to do?
America was never like that before. And that's one reason why we are 30 trillion dollars in debt.

Okay, of course I support helping people who genuinely need it. I'm sure we would disagree on where that line would be drawn. Why do you think illegals are crossing the southern border? It's because liberals have been making Americans lazy by giving them TOO MANY entitlements. Why work hard if Joe Biden is paying you to stay home and letting the illegals do the work you are too lazy to get off your butt to do?
America was never like that before. And that's one reason why we are 30 trillion dollars in debt.
I honestly think you must have me confused with someone else because I have no idea how your responses to me have anything to do with my comment or your thread subject. And I really don't care that much about what you think so I'm not going to take the extra time to try to get to the bottom of it.

Have a lovely night.

I haven't enjoyed all the screeching of liberal witches this much since the night Trump defeated Hillary.
It's funny but sad. They are fighting like crazy because they want to retain the right to kill future children who are poor and minority. Starting right off the bat with post #2 they are claiming that killing them in the womb will benefit society because most poor kids turn out to be criminals anyways. This has been bizarre.

Have a lovely night.
I'd leave too if I was you. Liberals are getting crushed here.
It's not because I have debating skills. It's because killing future children is wrong and impossible to defend. Thank goodness the highest court in the land agrees.

You are the one who needs a new shtick. All you ever do is hop on threads and throw a few insults around because you enjoy feeling like you are smart enough to hang with intellectual debaters. You never add anything of substance because you are a little leaguer around here. Do you want my autograph kid?
Who....you? 🤣

This post sheds light on why liberals think low income children are of less value than cow manure in our society. At least cow manure can be used as fertilizer. Low income kids are either going to be criminals or have terrible lives. I can see why liberals think they don't deserve to live.

Why would you ever think we believe they have less value? We’re the ones who want to fund programs that help them overcome the systemic obstacles in their way.

Conservatives cease to care about them at all the instant the leave the womb.

If I knew that my death could protect the human rights of the woman whose unwanted child would save my life-- I would accept my death with honor, because if I would sacrifice someone else's liberty to save my miserable hide, why shouldn't everyone else sacrifice my liberty for theirs?

"Human rights come before human lives" is a moral principle that saves both human rights and human lives, and every godddamned last one of you hypocrites would agree with me if we were talking about men.

Some abortion clinics were forced to shut down immediately after yesterday's historic Supreme Court decision. Many of those women will simply go to a different state but not all. Months from now, babies will be born who wouldn't have otherwise.
Who will they become?
Will one be the brain surgeon who removes your tumor in 30 years?
Will one be the firefighter who pulls you from your burning car in 20 years?
Will one be the child who sees you are about to get struck by a truck and warns you just in time?
We can debate all we want about when "life" begins and what "life" even is. But one thing we can't debate is that a sperm joining with an egg is a future life.......and each of those future lives has great potential.
That's an insult to women. Many, many successful women have balanced motherhood and professional success. Marie Curie, for example had two children and won two Nobel prizes.

Why would you ever think we believe they have less value?
Umm, isn't it obvious? You do know future children who get brutally aborted have no future, don't you?

Some abortion clinics were forced to shut down immediately after yesterday's historic Supreme Court decision. Many of those women will simply go to a different state but not all. Months from now, babies will be born who wouldn't have otherwise.
Who will they become?
Will one be the child who sees you are about to get struck by a truck and warns you just in time?
We can debate all we want about when "life" begins and what "life" even is. But one thing we can't debate is that a sperm joining with an egg is a future life.......and each of those future lives has great potential.
There ya' go. You finally admitted it. "Future lives", not current lives. A zygote is not a person and does not deserve the rights of personhood. Just stop for God sake.

This notion of personhood for a zygote is laughably ridiculous.

You are correct and I am sorry if I made that mistake. I have been using the term "future child" every chance I can think of. Liberals don't like that term because it makes them feel guilty that they are supporting the idea of killing the future of a child but they always play with words to keep themselves from feeling guilty so I expect them to not be comfortable with reality.

Hi again.

I identify with neither the liberals nor the conservatives. I try to identify with 'my' people - good ol' h. sapiens. As to what this or that group 'always' does, there's a range within most all groups.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

There ya' go. You finally admitted it. "Future lives", not current lives. A zygote is not a person and does not deserve the rights of personhood. Just stop for God sake.

This notion of personhood for a zygote is laughably ridiculous.
Call it what you want in order to try to stop from feeling guilty......
But a zygote is a future life. That is a scientific fact!

I think what's interesting in this comment is that you assume there is an inherent sense of guilt to be assuaged. I think you may need to double check that assumption as there is not a inherent reaction all people share, but I think that core reaction (or lack of it) is central to this debate.

1) a future life is not a current life. Living breathing women on the other hand are currently living. They are defacto LIVING!
2) at the stage of development of a zygote there is nothing even resembling a guarantee that it will result in a life.....NOTHING....Zero.....zippo.....nada

Umm, isn't it obvious? You do know future children who get brutally aborted have no future, don't you?

Lots of kids born right now have no future as a direct result of conservative policies.

Hi, Roger Duke.

With regard to the second sentence in the quote above, a zygote may or may not be a future independent life. Many things can occur before the zygote reaches the state of independent existence. The lists of these events can change depending on the species. When referencing facts, it's best to state them correctly and not leave them open to correction/falsification.

Fact - You responded to a comment directed at another poster and accused me of proliferating a lie.
Fact - I assumed you were the poster I was responding to, which was a mistake.
Fact - My comment was not a lie, it was a study of the negative impacts on women and families when women are denied abortions.
Fact - The SC decision directly impacted trigger laws which caused immediate cancellation of abortion appointments.
You should have ceased with your inanity when I suggested; instead, you've only proliferated it.

This too is on you, but at least I tried.

You should have ceased with your inanity when I suggested; instead, you've only proliferated it.

This too is on you, but at least I tried.
AKA, you can't dispute any of the facts in my comment so you choose to try to save face with a flounce.

Who will they become?
I wonder if the left has a message for Jennifer who survived an abortion because her head was to large for the vacuum. I guess they could have crushed her skull.
https://abortionsurvivors.org/project/jennifer-milbourn/

I wonder how many pro-abortion activities wish they were aborted?

Lots of kids born right now have no future as a direct result of conservative policies.
Not true but even if it was, your response would to be to kill them before they see the light of day?

Not true but even if it was, your response would to be to kill them before they see the light of day?

My response would be to maintain protections for women’s bodily autonomy rather than having the state seize de facto ownership of them.

Hi, mrjurr.

Those driven by ideology are seldom bothered by the practical problems which the ideologies would, if enacted, produce.

I'm not sure I buy that completely. Aren't pro-choice elected officials driven by ideology and haven't they been willing to provide funding streams?

I'm not questioning the wisdom of Mother Nature and you would be wise to do the same.
Mother Nature doesn't like it when you lie about her processes to make a political point. "But one thing we can't debate is that a sperm joining with an egg is a future life."

If the track record of conservatives continues on the same path then the cons really don't give a shit what the baby's life becomes. They've made it pretty clear they don't want anything to do with the welfare of the baby once it's born.

Back
Top Bottom