• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was W.C. Fields a Trump Teacher?

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
In reading about W.C. Fields, I wonder if Trump did not see him as an idol. He certainly looked somewhat like Trump.

wcfields.jpg

Here are some of W.C. Fields quotes:
“I never met a kid I liked.” — W.C. Fields
“I like children – fried.” — W.C. Fields
“A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money.” — W.C. Fields
“Anyone who hates children and animals can’t be all bad.” — W.C. Fields
“I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.” — W.C. Fields
“Women are like elephants. I like to look at ’em, but I wouldn’t want to own one.” — W.C. Fields
“Never try to impress a woman, because if you do she’ll expect you to keep up the standard for the rest of your life.” — W.C. Field
“Children should neither be seen nor heard from — ever again.” — W.C. Fields
“No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it’s only a question of degree.” — W.C. Fields

And here is one that Trump fell in love with ever since he was a child and he saw this W.E. Fields quote:

Suckers2.jpg.

Do these quotes remind you of Trump?

W.C. Fields was a funny man though, and it is sad that is not one of the traits that Trump got from him.

Last edited:
Its funny you should mention it. I have thought of Trump as someone who could be Field's overachieving, teetotaling evil brother.

"Is this a game of chance?

"Not the way I play it, no."

Last edited:
I wonder how many Trump supporters are going to come into this thread whining about how they don't want to talk about Trump while they talk about Trump.

Those people are the personification of an own goal.

“It is impossible to find 12 fair men in all the world.”

Perfect.

"A thing worth having is a thing worth cheating for."

Yup.

1645230557432.png

You might be onto something here.

In reading about W.C. Fields, I wonder if Trump did not see him as an idol. He certainly looked somewhat like Trump.

View attachment 67375490

Here are some of W.C. Fields quotes:
“I never met a kid I liked.” — W.C. Fields
“I like children – fried.” — W.C. Fields
“A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money.” — W.C. Fields
“Anyone who hates children and animals can’t be all bad.” — W.C. Fields
“I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.” — W.C. Fields
“Women are like elephants. I like to look at ’em, but I wouldn’t want to own one.” — W.C. Fields
“Never try to impress a woman, because if you do she’ll expect you to keep up the standard for the rest of your life.” — W.C. Field
“Children should neither be seen nor heard from — ever again.” — W.C. Fields
“No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it’s only a question of degree.” — W.C. Fields

And here is one that Trump fell in love with ever since he was a child and he saw this W.E. Fields quote:

View attachment 67375487.

Do these quotes remind you of Trump?

W.C. Fields was a funny man though, and it is sad that is not one of the traits that Trump got from him.
I'm thinking more like PT barnum.

Back
Top Bottom