• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was Trump the greatest president ever?

Was trump the greatest president ever?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But you have to admit he was REALLY good at it. Am I right?

Good At 🇺🇸 First
as we have not witnessed
since Reagan.

Coming soon to a grocery store near YOU
Inflation to pay off the "stimulus" funds.
No Special Taxation to Fund It!

GET IT OR NOT

We The People lose
Trump & Reagan were a fresh breath of air
on the 🇺🇸 economy.

Good At 🇺🇸 First
as we have not witnessed
since Reagan.

Coming soon to a grocery store near YOU
Inflation to pay off the "stimulus" funds.
No Special Taxation to Fund It!

GET IT OR NOT

We The People lose
Trump & Reagan were a fresh breath of air
on the 🇺🇸 economy.
Yeah.... Ronald's trickle down economics was so lucrative for all. 😕

In many ways, Trump wasn't really the president. He used his position as president to use the government for his personal and political power. He only spoke for his base, not the nation. He lashed out against and undercut his own government. This is something his supporters loved to see. His incompence was seen as a strength - as a sort of disdain for the Democratic process, its traditions and institutions.

I'll admit that the picture in the opening post of this thread actually depicts what Trump thinks of himself

donate.png

Not the Greates, but the Best we could have had considering how the DC Status Quo is destroying the US Constitution !
He's not afraid to fight against the Corruption that is overrunning American Politics !
That's why the BLATANT Coup Detat is being covered up and over looked by both the DEMS&REPS Status Quo !

Trump was a disruptor, which his supporters equated to greatness. Change can be bad or good.

Thank God 95% of us say no.

It's amazing what nutjobs are elected to important offices. Mike Pence's brother is a U.S. Congressman - he had a paper route or something prior to his election - we all know Marjorie Taylor Green, everyone's favorite Qanon white supremacist ran a gym and had an affair with a tantric sex guru (in GA a "tantric sex guru is just any man who can locate the clitoris) - Tommy Tuberville was a moron football coach and our piece d' resistance' - fat donnie a reality show tv host.. notice all of these are republicans? Why are we not surprised?
Biden may be the biggest nut job ever elected to public office. 40 years in government. Never had a public sector job. Other than making sure his family is very well employed, cannot point to a single accomplishment. And has a mental problem.

And he's a Democrat.

I've been here since Ike. And IMHO, out of all of them......... Trump was by far the most obnoxious, arrogant, bigoted, xenophobic, ignorant, conceited and divisive POS ever to hold sway over the nuclear codes.

It's a shame that it's been mostly downhill since Ike.

Trump had a job to do and I call it mission accomplished. 👍

He couldn't even finish the wall and get Mexico to pay for it so wtf you talking about?

Who in people’s opinion WAS the greatest US president?
IMO, you'd be hard pressed to find a better assemblage of men than the founders. Washington, Jefferson. the Adam's. All were better presidents than anyone since.

I agree, this question was a question that no unbiased person would ever answer with "yes". But you are right that Biden is not the greatest president ever, he is a vast improvement over his predecessor but so far he is just adequate with hints of a bit more. He is just doing a respectable job, now that may seem impressive when looking at Trump but it really should not be that just because Biden does better than one of the worst that this makes him a great president (or greater than FDR).

For a guy with 'dementia' he's certainly doing alright.

Kennedy, he got us to go to the moon, if you believe in that sort of thing
Kennedy, he got us to go to the moon, if you believe in that sort of thing.
i think Kennedy was an amazing motivator eho would likely not have allowed Vietnam to get that out of control.

Johnson however was a butcher.

Trump was our last best hope. A big loudmouth, crude man, but not a product of Washington. He is an outsider. He was spurned by establishment Republicans and hated by Democrats. That's because he is a populist. He isn't a product of the swamp. He isn't controllable. Now we have the opposite, the exact opposite. Biden is a product of Washington, and a puppet of Washington. I think you can actually see his strings being pulled.
Trump was neck deep in the swamp, the swamp of corruption, failed leadership and failed governing. A populist does not make decisions for the best of a country but the best of himself and his political power. And in his case only what was popular with the most extreme right wing groups.

Biden is a product of experience, he is a product of Delaware and his experiences during his life. He knows how to work with other people, knows to make the difficult decisions even if it is not populist/political advantageous for his re-election. He knows how to govern and he is not a total nutjob like Trump was.

Having an outsider may not be a terrible thing but when that outsider is a populist nutjob, all the "potential good things" from electing an outsider gets flushed down the crapper, along with the moral leadership of the president and the US as a whole.

IMO, you'd be hard pressed to find a better assemblage of men than the founders. Washington, Jefferson. the Adam's. All were better presidents than anyone since.

I might put my money on Madison of that group.

I'm very confident Trump will be remembered as literally the worst president. No other president actively tried to start a civil war.

Back
Top Bottom