• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was today the start of the unraveling of the big lie and the gop in general?

I was listening to a clip from a Republican Congressman earlier who actually said "this is not about politics"

I didn't catch the rest, I was laughing so hard.

This HAD BETTER be about who was responsible ALL THE WAY UP

And it better, unlike other inquiries, put some this scum in nice concrete & steel cells.

BTW - I like this "I'm retired. I own my home mortgage free. I basically have no debt and every other week I spend in vero beach in an oceanfront condo.
Someone please tell me again about how envious and jealous I am of others."
I'm all that too, only I live on the beach!

The question is who are the "rest of America?"
The people who didn't vote for trump. Even though the right loves to talk about trump's seventy five million votes, they don't like to talk about how he lost at the height of his popularity. So, the eighty million or so who didn't vote for trump is the rest of america.

Kabuki theatre aimed at emotional betas. It seems to be working. Pelosi just wants a dog and pony show.
Today was the beginning of the end for the radical right nitwits, talk about emotional betas, grown men fawning over a nitwit crook that would empty their bank accounts as sure as look at them.

The GOP has been dead going on 40 years.......the republicans have been missing and not talking about what was taking place when they retired to spend more time with family. These folks should have been
talking on behalf of the USA...... they kept quiet.

Was today the start of the unraveling of the big lie and the gop in general?​

Nope.

The big lie was never anchored in reality , why would reality or truth be of consequence now?

I'm actually disappointed that Jim Jordan was not on the committee.

It would have been high humor watching that gay voyeur try to talk down to true heroes...

Heard a few clips on the radio. Sounds like the whole thing was scripted. Not surprising.

Some very emotional testimony from the four witnesses today. Anyone trying to discredit them might as well be screaming to the heavens, I support anarchy, down with democracy. This was day one and it's obvious listening to the witnesses their main objective is who was behind this. Who in america wants to step forward and call these men liars? Today was the first day of the opening of the dark side of the gop and trump for all to see.

Is what these men described happening on january the sixth the way we want america to go in the future. Will we reward the gop for their actions or punish them for their attack on democracy?
Pelosi had 6 months to hand pick and properly groom her witnesses. It’s no wonder they performed as ordered.

look, I’m not saying that these guys don’t ha e good reason to be pissed off but the testimony was 90% scripted.
Heard a few clips on the radio. Sounds like the whole thing was scripted. Not surprising.
the NeverTrump and Democrat crews rely on fear to persuade their minions. It’s been the “go to” model for politicians since FDR. There is no more “we can overcome” and no more “the only thing we have to fear is fear itself”. America is likely a lost cause at this point.

Pelosi had 6 months to hand pick and properly groom her witnesses. It’s no wonder they performed as ordered.

look, I’m not saying that these guys don’t ha e good reason to be pissed off but the testimony was 90% scripted.

the NeverTrump and Democrat crews rely on fear to persuade their minions. It’s been the “go to” model for politicians since FDR. There is no more “we can overcome” and no more “the only thing we have to fear is fear itself”. America is likely a lost cause at this point.
Yeah thanks to people like you.

Some very emotional testimony from the four witnesses today. Anyone trying to discredit them might as well be screaming to the heavens, I support anarchy, down with democracy. This was day one and it's obvious listening to the witnesses their main objective is who was behind this. Who in america wants to step forward and call these men liars?
Sadly, it's already happening here on this forum.

Today was the first day of the opening of the dark side of the gop and trump for all to see.

Is what these men described happening on january the sixth the way we want america to go in the future. Will we reward the gop for their actions or punish them for their attack on democracy?

What is not surprising is your ridiculous take.

Some very emotional testimony from the four witnesses today. Anyone trying to discredit them might as well be screaming to the heavens, I support anarchy, down with democracy. This was day one and it's obvious listening to the witnesses their main objective is who was behind this. Who in america wants to step forward and call these men liars? Today was the first day of the opening of the dark side of the gop and trump for all to see.

"Some very emotional testimony" pretty much sums up the arguments from the left of center, i.e.; simple-minded appeals to our emotions. By all these accounts, the evidence on this hearing opening day was tiresome hairpulling and tears, the routine fears of overwhelmed cops previously experienced in riots by anti-globalists, BLM, and Antifa, well, .except that THIS time Democrats only care because it serves their interests in political stagecraft.

Seriously, I'm sure you have noticed by now, in the dozens of replies to your posted OP that not a single one has actually stated what informative information was provided. So what then, are we suppose to waste our time swooning over a gaggle of posters pulling their hankies and tear dabbing, the total substance of which is them reporting what the alleged emotions of others on TV?

Until such time as someone actually reports something important we didn't know or assume, why waste our time? We already know that none of them brought firearms and that a colorful character wearing horns and a fur hat, posing as a shaman showed up. And in spite of Democratic liars we know that no one died from the protest other than a protestor who was ambushed. We already know that there weren't any buildings razed or police cars overturned or set afire. We already know that there weren't laser equipped scum intentionally damaging law enforcement eyes, or serious hospitalized cases of concussions caused by hurled frozen water bottles. We already know what the left thinks is "peaceful" as opposed to violent:

1627442889682.png

So when the obsessed watchers of this hearing can tell us something of casualties, property damage, arson, assaults, and public property seizures equal to what we have already seen and found tolerable in dozens of cities for the last few years, its nothing more than a lame attempt at playing the victim.

Last edited:
I totally resent such a mindless accusation tarring the entire rightwing. Are all lefties inanely mindless?
Make it a question and it's not an accusation about the entire left wing?

Nothing like representing what you resent.

When are we going to see an investigation and hearings into what has gone on in democrat run cities for the past year and a half? Violence and assualts on police and private businesses, taking over of sections of cities by BLM, ANTIFA and other democrat supporters. The extreme violence in black neighborhoods throughout american cities and not a democrat trying to help bring the violence to an end. Why not? They don't care is why.

Make it a question and it's not an accusation about the entire left wing?

Nothing like representing what you resent.
You clearly did not get it. It's pointing out stupidity with stupidity. I did it to get the reaction I expected - you did not like having all the left tarred any more than I liked the tarring of all the right.
Neither are correct!

The Big Lie never had any factual basis.

Sadly, those who believe in it aren't interested in facts, or police testimony, or evidence.

You clearly did not get it. It's pointing out stupidity with stupidity. I did it to get the reaction I expected - you did not like having all the left tarred any more than I liked the tarring of all the right.
Neither are correct!
Sarcasm can be tough to discern in a post. I did pick up on the stupidity though so I clearly got that part of it.

Eyewitness testimony from the victims is clearly factual.

US Law 101
Or course it is: to those things they actually witnessed. I'm pretty sure no sentient human being, and probably even Biden, would agree there was a lot of violence involved.

Back
Top Bottom