• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was the killing of two and the wounding of one in Kenosha set up by the police?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
A white gunman shot three people in Kenosha and when he ran away the police made no attempt to stop him even though he ran right by them. Now there are rumors that one of the white militia told a reporter that the police told the white militia leader that the police were going to herd the protesters toward the group and they should be ready in case something happened. Someone also saw the police giving water to the person who did the killing. We will probably never know if these rumors are true, but it really makes you think. I do understand that the 17 year old who did the shooting has now been apprehended and is going to be charged with murder, but is he just part of the problem in Kenosha?

The cops did nothing to stop the riots, either. Maybe they should have done that?

Yeah, I urge every Dem and lefty to keep pushing these paranoid narratives.

A white gunman shot three people in Kenosha and when he ran away the police made no attempt to stop him even though he ran right by them. Now there are rumors that one of the white militia told a reporter that the police told the white militia leader that the police were going to herd the protesters toward the group and they should be ready in case something happened. Someone also saw the police giving water to the person who did the killing. We will probably never know if these rumors are true, but it really makes you think. I do understand that the 17 year old who did the shooting has now been apprehended and is going to be charged with murder, but is he just part of the problem in Kenosha?

You are spending too much time listening to rumors.

The kid that did some of the shooting (he wasn't the only one that fired any shots) appears to have been in WAY over his head. He was there, ostensibly, to help guard a business and instead of doing that and ONLY that chose to go off and get involved in other stuff. When hoodlums started wrecking the business he should have been protecting he ran back, shot one person in the head and then, having figured out that he was in a REALLY bad place, took off running, tripped, got attacked and ended up shooting more people. When Johnny Cash wrote "Don't Take Your Guns To Town" this kid could have been the inspiration.

The kid that did some of the shooting (he wasn't the only one that fired any shots) appears to have been in WAY over his head. He was there, ostensibly, to help guard a business and instead of doing that and ONLY that chose to go off and get involved in other stuff. When hoodlums started wrecking the business he should have been protecting he ran back, shot one person in the head and then, having figured out that he was in a REALLY bad place, took off running, tripped, got attacked and ended up shooting more people. When Johnny Cash wrote "Don't Take Your Guns To Town" this kid could have been the inspiration.

He's listening to talk radio.

He's listening to talk radio.

I watched this whole thing go down live last night and even then the level of confusion, misinformation and finger pointing was out of hand. Lots of people saw bits and pieces of a chain of events and then, like now, based their entire perception on that one thing they "knew". People really need to slow down and process things before reacting to them half baked.

Jake Blake would be alive if he had held back and processed what was going on instead of just going off and making things worse. The riots wouldn't have happened if people had settled down and process the Blake shooting before taking to the streets. This kid that shot a few people and completely screwed up his life would have benefited from backing off for a second, considering what he was doing and why he was doing it, then sticking to his mission instead of getting involved in everything going on around him.

No it wasn't a set up. Police routinely ignore white kids walking around with long guns in Wisconsin.

The confrontation near the gas station unfolded after police dispersed protesters outside the Kenosha County Courthouse who had begun launching fireworks at officers protecting it. Police responded with tear gas and drove protesters in the direction of the gas station, where they were met by armed men — members of what police described as vigilante militia groups that have descended on the city.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/08/26/jacob-blake-kenosha-police-protests/

The Antioch Police Department made the arrest on Wednesday after the suspect allegedly fled Wisconsin for his home state following the shooting. "(The suspect) fled the state of Wisconsin with the intent to avoid prosecution for that offence," according to the document.
Video footage from the event showed a gunman in the middle of the street brandishing a semi-automatic rifle before firing off the shots that hit multiple people. Eye witnesses then said the gunman was allowed to walk past police without getting arrested. In one video, protesters are heard shouting at police that he was the gunman as the officer drove by to attend to the victims.

17-year-old arrested for murder and fleeing state after Kenosha shootings that left two dead | The Independent

And

Kyle Rittenhouse, 17, charged with murder after two killed during Wisconsin protests

Cell phone footage shows Kenosha police telling armed insurrectionists, “We appreciate you guys. We really do,” and giving them bottles of water. Shortly after this video was taken, one of these men shot and killed two protesters and wounded another.

Kenosha gunman Kyle Rittenhouse arrested for murder after cops let him flee out of state – Raw Story

https://twitter.com/randomanne/status/1298505513764782080

Last edited:

You people will defend anything.

Just listen to you making excuses, describing it as if this is something that happened to him. He was in over his head, you say. No, he drove across state lines with a rifle to confront protesters with a weapon. You should condemn it but instead you make excuses.

He murdered someone, which you turn to a neutral "shot one person in the head", and he flees. Other citizens apprehend the fleeing murderer, but what do you do? You turn that into "got attacked". He, the murderer, was attacked, you say.

He didn't murder anyone else according to you, he just "ended up shooting more people." It happened. **** happens. What are ya gonna do, right Lutherf?

Why, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were secretly glad that protesters were killed.

Christ. He went there to confront protesters, he did, he murdered two, and then he fled the state. Now he's facing murder one. That's what happened.

I watched this whole thing go down live last night and even then the level of confusion, misinformation and finger pointing was out of hand. Lots of people saw bits and pieces of a chain of events and then, like now, based their entire perception on that one thing they "knew". People really need to slow down and process things before reacting to them half baked.

Jake Blake would be alive if he had held back and processed what was going on instead of just going off and making things worse. The riots wouldn't have happened if people had settled down and process the Blake shooting before taking to the streets. This kid that shot a few people and completely screwed up his life would have benefited from backing off for a second, considering what he was doing and why he was doing it, then sticking to his mission instead of getting involved in everything going on around him.

Maybe too many guns tend to cause unnecessary murders because people aren't very good at taking your advice?

Just listen to you making excuses, describing it as if this is something that happened to him. He was in over his head, you say. No, he drove across state lines with a rifle to confront protesters with a weapon. You should condemn it but instead you make excuses.

He murdered someone, which you turn to a neutral "shot one person in the head", and he flees. Other citizens apprehend the fleeing murderer, but what do you do? You turn that into "got attacked". He, the murderer, was attacked, you say.

He didn't murder anyone else according to you, he just "ended up shooting more people." It happened. **** happens. What are ya gonna do, right Lutherf?

Why, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were secretly glad that protesters were killed.

Christ. He went there to confront protesters, he did, he murdered two, and then he fled the state. Now he's facing murder one. That's what happened.

You, just like always, are assuming facts not in evidence. You are presuming intent instead of proving intent. On top of that you can't even accept a rational condemnation of the action. For you and yours it needs to be a full blown emotional rampage or it's simply not good enough. That attitude is a good part of why crap like this will never be fixed. If you and yours don't agree to something being "fixed" unless it's done your way and your way only it will simply never be good enough for you. Maybe you people just like being pissed off. If so, knock yourself out but don't you dare to try to make me live my life that way too.

Maybe too many guns tend to cause unnecessary murders because people aren't very good at taking your advice?

Right. The same way that too many matches cause arson.:roll:

Right. The same way that too many matches cause arson.:roll:

No, not the same way. Rather, the way you appear in denial about how people act, and the danger of the guns. You respond with a false analogy. If you'd like to show some evidence of many people putting matches in their pockets 'just in case' and running around and getting into conflicts they respond to be pulling out the matches and starting to light fires...

No it wasn't a set up. Police routinely ignore white kids walking around with long guns in Wisconsin.

I saw the police look the other way at anarchist kiddies breaking windows and setting fire during the anti-war rallies. The damage was blamed on the anti-war protesters.

No, not the same way. Rather, the way you appear in denial about how people act, and the danger of the guns. You respond with a false analogy. If you'd like to show some evidence of many people putting matches in their pockets 'just in case' and running around and getting into conflicts they respond to be pulling out the matches and starting to light fires...

Alrighty then. It's your world, buddy. I just live here.

They are down to outright lying now. Its sad when I have to get my news from a twitter and youtube feed and it is better quality than the majors can put out.

I don't know if it really goes that far, but I did find it interesting that the police didn't arrest this guy or at least stop him to investigate.

Yeah, always blame the victim and then make the cops the victims. That is how it goes. From what I read Blake stopped a fight between two women and when the cops asked, the women said that Blake had done nothing but stopped the fight. Blake was then leaving to take his kids to a party. As he was getting into the car the cop shot him seven times in the back while tugging on his shirt. Deadly force is only to be used when absolutely necessary to save the life of other people or the cops. That was not the case. We both know if this man was white the shooting would never have happened. Just so you know there are videos and they show the kid first shooting then, then standing over the man he shot and then running right by the cops. He was allowed to leave the state and it took the Illinois cops to put him in custody. He has been charged with first degree murder so the idea he was protecting property is bull sh*t.

Alrighty then. It's your world, buddy. I just live here.

I wonder where you do live as it seems to be in a different world than the rest of us. In the real world the cops shot an innocent unarmed man in the back seven times. Like those who live in your world you do not blame the cops but the man who was shot. In the real world even if he lives Blake will be a wreck. In the real world if this had been a white man shot the officers would be under arrest, not went home with pay.

There is a video of the cops giving the shooter a bottle of water before the shooting. Makes me really wonder what was going on, doesn't it you?

I wonder where you do live as it seems to be in a different world than the rest of us. In the real world the cops shot an innocent unarmed man in the back seven times. Like those who live in your world you do not blame the cops but the man who was shot. In the real world even if he lives Blake will be a wreck. In the real world if this had been a white man shot the officers would be under arrest, not went home with pay.

You mean the "innocent unarmed man" who bystanders said had a knife, who had an outstanding arrest warrant for sexual assault, and who was actually caught on video resisting arrest and reaching into his car for god knows what after fighting with officers and shrugging off being tazed when he was shot? The one who has a prior for pointing a gun at someone while drunk in a bar and then assaulting police officers when they tried to arrest him? That "innocent unarmed man?"

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would give the benefit of the doubt to the cops before I give it to Blake, until all the facts are known.

Rumors, well then it must be true.

I don't know what videos you watched, but the ones I watched show the shooter only shooting anyone after they attacked him, for no apparent reason.

No.

What an insanely stupid question/allegation.

He went looking trouble and he found it. Now someone is dead. What a dumbass, I hope they throw the book at this vigilante wannabee.

Back
Top Bottom