• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was the killing of two and the wounding of one in Kenosha set up by the police?

No it wasn't a set up. Police routinely ignore white kids walking around with long guns in Wisconsin.

Plenty of BLM Klansmen pointing guns at reporters in this riot. Also, one of the dead pointed a handgun at the shooter.

We call this self-defense.

In a nation of liberty, every person has the right to defend themselves. We do not institute violence, but we certainly will defend using any means necessary.

Maybe too many guns tend to cause unnecessary murders because people aren't very good at taking your advice?

All murders are unnecessary...lol

You mean the "innocent unarmed man" who bystanders said had a knife, who had an outstanding arrest warrant for sexual assault, and who was actually caught on video resisting arrest and reaching into his car for god knows what after fighting with officers and shrugging off being tazed when he was shot? The one who has a prior for pointing a gun at someone while drunk in a bar and then assaulting police officers when they tried to arrest him? That "innocent unarmed man?"

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would give the benefit of the doubt to the cops before I give it to Blake, until all the facts are known.
You will always make the cops the victims and the unarmed man the perpetrator, always. And I neither saw or read anything about him having a knife, where did you get that, Faux News. And if he did have a knife did he try and use it on the cops? I saw the video and he has nothing in his hands as he is going to the car so the answer to that is NO. And he told the cops he was leaving to take his kids to a party and there were NO weapons in the car. And why not take him to the ground instead o shooting him SEVEN times in the back in front of his kids. Deadly force is only authorized when the life of the officer or others is involved and this shoot him first and check afterwards is called manslaughter or murder.

Plenty of BLM Klansmen pointing guns at reporters in this riot. Also, one of the dead pointed a handgun at the shooter.

In a nation of liberty, every person has the right to defend themselves. We do not institute violence, but we certainly will defend using any means necessary.

He told you that they were pointing guns at reporters. Link please.

Yeah, always blame the victim and then make the cops the victims. That is how it goes. From what I read Blake stopped a fight between two women and when the cops asked, the women said that Blake had done nothing but stopped the fight. Blake was then leaving to take his kids to a party. As he was getting into the car the cop shot him seven times in the back while tugging on his shirt. Deadly force is only to be used when absolutely necessary to save the life of other people or the cops. That was not the case. We both know if this man was white the shooting would never have happened. Just so you know there are videos and they show the kid first shooting then, then standing over the man he shot and then running right by the cops. He was allowed to leave the state and it took the Illinois cops to put him in custody. He has been charged with first degree murder so the idea he was protecting property is bull sh*t.

You should spend more time viewing the evidence and less time reading some agenda driven idiot's interpretation of that evidence.

There is a video of the cops giving the shooter a bottle of water before the shooting. Makes me really wonder what was going on, doesn't it you?

I'm curious, but the simplest explanation is probably the correct one. I'd bet money that those cops simply didn't know who that kid was or what he was doing.

The real issue at had is: Would they have acted the same way if that kid was black?

I'm not sure what a BLM Klansmen is, but the relevant fact here is that white people have a right to defend themselves. White people like to claim that young black men have that right, but story after story of young black men shot in the street by police officers for the crime of being deathly afraid of being shot in the street by police officers shows that they do not.

You will always make the cops the victims and the unarmed man the perpetrator, always.

It's almost like you didn't actually read my comment. Whom am I kidding? Of course you didn't.

You should spend more time viewing the evidence and less time reading some agenda driven idiot's interpretation of that evidence.

I would love o have any LINK to YOUR evidence. And how do you get around the fact that there was no immediate danger to the police or others that is required before deadly force is used? Just asking? And I just love that people look into the background of the person to try and find some kind of excuse for the cops to shoot whoever they want, knowing they will get away with it, because they know people like you always back the badge., no matter what they have done.

I would love o have any LINK to YOUR evidence. And how do you get around the fact that there was no immediate danger to the police or others that is required before deadly force is used? Just asking? And I just love that people look into the background of the person to try and find some kind of excuse for the cops to shoot whoever they want, knowing they will get away with it, because they know people like you always back the badge., no matter what they have done.

Kenosha police opened fire less than 5 minutes after being called: scanner audio | Madison365

There's even a thread about this on this site but expecting users to do their own work around here is probably racist and definitely hateful so I won't point that out.

The cops did nothing to stop the riots, either. Maybe they should have done that?

Because in the minds of the Right, inanimate objects and the lives of minorities have equal value.

A white gunman shot three people in Kenosha and when he ran away the police made no attempt to stop him even though he ran right by them. Now there are rumors....
A lot of these types of rumors turn out to be false.

Let's wait and see what facts come out, before jumping to any conclusions.

I saw the police look the other way at anarchist kiddies breaking windows and setting fire during the anti-war rallies. The damage was blamed on the anti-war protesters.

Minorities murdered by an illegal firearm carrying person: equals massive shrug from the Rightwing

Property gets damaged: PLEASE GOD, WON’T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE POOR DEFENSELESS PROPERTY?!?

Irrelevant.

Irrelevant my naturally black ass...but you know that, I'm sure.

Lets be honest....if George Floyd having a criminal record was relevant to his arrest and subsequent killing, then this guy having JUST shot and killed someone is relevant to the reaction of the crowd.

Irrelevant my naturally black ass...but you know that, I'm sure.

Lets be honest....if George Floyd having a criminal record was relevant to his arrest and subsequent killing, then this guy having JUST shot and killed someone is relevant to the reaction of the crowd.

Oh, you want to apply a double standard. You condone private citizens using deadly force. Got it!...lol

The cops did nothing to stop the riots, either. Maybe they should have done that?

Gee, sounds like the police are pretty ****ing useless, eh?

You are spending too much time listening to rumors.

The kid that did some of the shooting (he wasn't the only one that fired any shots) appears to have been in WAY over his head. He was there, ostensibly, to help guard a business and instead of doing that and ONLY that chose to go off and get involved in other stuff. When hoodlums started wrecking the business he should have been protecting he ran back, shot one person in the head and then, having figured out that he was in a REALLY bad place, took off running, tripped, got attacked and ended up shooting more people. When Johnny Cash wrote "Don't Take Your Guns To Town" this kid could have been the inspiration.

He murdered people. He is the hoodlum.

And at 17 he’s going to be tried as an adult. So the good news is it looks like he’s going to get *every* opportunity to explain to as many Black men as he can stomach that he was just there that day to protect a bidness.

He murdered people. He is the hoodlum.

And at 17 he’s going to be tried as an adult. So the good news is it looks like he’s going to get *every* opportunity to explain to as many Black men as he can stomach that he was just there that day to protect a bidness.

Is "murder" the new "racist"? People are calling the cops that shot Blake murderer even though Blake is still alive. They are calling Trump a murderer because of the virus and now this kid is a "murderer" even though we still don't have all the information we need to make that determination.

I get it. The idea is to be as provocative as possible. If you can get more people to be more angry and to do more stupid stuff then maybe we can get this revolution rolling. I TOTALLY understand the concept. I just don't think it's a really good concept and I'm not particularly enthusiastic about living in a country where that practice is used as the basis for the justice system.

Is "murder" the new "racist"?

I don’t know but the right has decided they’re two great tastes that taste great together.

Back
Top Bottom