• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was the JFK Murder a Successful Coup by Government?

It's hard for a lot of people to believe this, but JFK was killed by a lone gunman and that lone gunman was Lee Harvey Oswald.

Read the excellent book Case Closed by Gerald Posner. He is one of the few authors that makes the case that Oswald acted alone and the evidence is actually quite convincing.
I fully believe he was the lone gunman.

My question has always been the "why"?

The lone-nut theory doesn't wash. We have more guns now and more nuts than ever. This should be happening every day if the "lone nut" theory was durable. It also strikes me as a fairly remarkable coincidence that one of the few people to ever defect from the US to Russia and back again during the height of the Cold War, just happened to be on the motorcade route of the President. And that he, Oswald, just happened to have visited the Russian and Cuban embassies the month before in Mexico City.

But to your point, there is zero evidence of a second shooter or a larger conspiracy. There is just a lot of "WTF" things that don't seem to jibe.

The single bullet theory is what happened. There's little doubt Oswald acted alone. The questions are around conspiracy of plan, not action.

I fully believe he was the lone gunman.

My question has always been the "why"?

The lone-nut theory doesn't wash. We have more guns now and more nuts than ever. This should be happening every day if the "lone nut" theory was durable. It also strikes me as a fairly remarkable coincidence that one of the few people to ever defect from the US to Russia and back again during the height of the Cold War, just happened to be on the motorcade route of the President. And that he, Oswald, just happened to have visited the Russian and Cuban embassies the month before in Mexico City.

But to your point, there is zero evidence of a second shooter or a larger conspiracy. There is just a lot of "WTF" things that don't seem to jibe.

It's just one of those fluke occurrences of history, my friend. The motorcade route was published in the Dallas newspaper a couple of days before Kennedy's visit. And the route happened to go right past where Oswald worked.

Posner paints a very bleak picture of Oswald in his book, based on extensive interviews with Oswald's wife. The guy was a total loner, no friends. He desperately wanted to do something "important" with his life, and this was his ticket.

Oswald also attempted to assassinate Edwin Walker in April 1963, a retired general with right wing Nazi sympathies who was running for office in Texas. It was just luck that Walker wasn't killed. Oswald told his wife about the assassination attempt.

It's just one of those fluke occurrences of history, my friend. The motorcade route was published in the Dallas newspaper a couple of days before Kennedy's visit. And the route happened to go right past where Oswald worked.

Posner paints a very bleak picture of Oswald in his book, based on extensive interviews with Oswald's wife. The guy was a total loner, no friends. He desperately wanted to do something "important" with his life, and this was his ticket.

Oswald also attempted to assassinate Edwin Walker in April 1963, a retired general with right wing Nazi sympathies who was running for office in Texas. It was just luck that Walker wasn't killed. Oswald told his wife about the assassination attempt.
Good to see we can have a disagreement without being disagreeable.

Here is my question to you... Today is a holiday so respond at your leisure.

Explain Oswald's actions after the shooting. Why not just surrender if that was the motive?

Thanks.

Good to see we can have a disagreement without being disagreeable.

Here is my question to you... Today is a holiday so respond at your leisure.

Explain Oswald's actions after the shooting. Why not just surrender if that was the motive?

Thanks.

Oswald wanted to do something "meaningful", but he also didn't want to spend the rest of his life in jail. He obviously enjoyed the notoriety after he got caught, but at the same time he didn't want to get caught.

Murders are not rational acts. If they were rational, then they would occur more often. We'll never fully understand Oswald's motivations after the assassination, since he was killed two days later.

Jack Ruby was a deeply disturbed individual as well. Posner also discussed his odd personality extensively in his book.

Oswald wanted to do something "meaningful", but he also didn't want to spend the rest of his life in jail. He obviously enjoyed the notoriety after he got caught, but at the same time he didn't want to get caught.

Murders are not rational acts. If they were rational, then they would occur more often. We'll never fully understand Oswald's motivations after the assassination, since he was killed two days later.

Jack Ruby was a deeply disturbed individual as well. Posner also discussed his odd personality extensively in his book.
Yeah, that's where you lose me on the "we will never fully understand"....although I think "fully understand" is a standard that couldn't be met with anyone in any enterprise.

He left the TSBD (this is from memory), took a cab, took a bus, shed his jacket, got his gun, went back out, shot a cop, and entered a theater. Sounds to me that "enjoying notoriety" and almost tradecraft level steps to avoid detection are two different things.

It also strikes me that if you're going to kill the President with a weapon you brought into the TSBD, you could have brought your pistol in at the same time and saved yourself a trip and took that off of your to-do list immediately. You had the presence of mind to bring the rifle, construct a sheath to hide the firearm, etc... But you didn't think to put your pistol in the sheath as well..or your pocket?

It leads to me to believe that Oswald thought he had an accomplice who was going to assist him in egress from Dallas. In my view, it's the only explanation that fits the known facts of the day.

-snip-
It leads to me to believe that Oswald thought he had an accomplice who was going to assist him in egress from Dallas. In my view, it's the only explanation that fits the known facts of the day.

Not saying one way or the other, I believe the scrambling was deliberate to make firm conclusions rather difficult.

What if the "known facts" were so much BS and would never have proved Oswald's guilt beyond reasonable doubt? As I lay out, there were "holes" in the "investigation". If there is interest, the cab driver, Whaley earned his own post.

The cab driver appears to have been a liar, generally, the house keeper at the N. Beckley boarding house was the lone source, after
the "hand off" from the cab driver's testimony, as to the timing of Oswald's arrival and departure integral to the shooting of DPD officer Tippit.

Boarding house owner :

"...Mr. BALL. Has she been working for you for that period of time?
Mrs. JOHNSON. No, sir; I let Mrs. Roberts go a time or two, then I would hire her back.
Mr. BALL. there some reason why you let her go?
Mrs. JOHNSON. ..I don't know, she has a lot of handicaps. She has an overweight problem and she has some habits that some people have to understand to tolerate.

Mr. BALL. What are they?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Talking just sitting down and making up tales, you know, have you ever seen people like that? Just have a creative mind, there's nothing to it, and just make up and keep talking until she just makes a lie out of it. Listen, I'm telling you the truth and this isn't to go any further, understand that? You have to know these things because you are going to question this lady. I will tell you, she's just as intelligent--I think she is a person that doesn't mean to do that but she just does it automatically. It seems as though that she, oh, I don't know, wants to be attractive or something at times. I just don't know; I don't understand it myself. I only wish I did.
Mr. BALL. Where did she go?
Mrs. JOHNSON. I do not know. I called her sister to try to find out. I don't think she knows.
Mr. BALL. Who is her sister?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Mrs. Bertha Cheek. ..."

Housekeeper's sister, Bertha Cheek was a real "beaut", recently had met with Jack Ruby...
This young girl who claimed to identify Oswald leaving the scene of the Tippit shooting, lied about her age in 1963 to DPD and in spring, 1964, she was only 15 until June, 1964.... Her husband, Charlie's name was used because there was another witness also named Virginia Davis :

She let this slip out.:
"...Mrs. DAVIS. No, sir; we just saw a police car sitting on the side of the road.
Mr. BELIN. Where was the police car parked?
Mrs. DAVIS. It was parked between the hedge that marks the apartment house where he lives in and the house next door. .."

Above is a reference to Tippit frequenting the house often enough to seem to be living there. His boss at his side job, Austin Cook,
who also employed the mother of three Tippit was long sexually involved with.... her name was Johnnie

Hood College
Austin Cook - On page five of the Austin Cook interview, Cook asks Moriarity if he knows where Witherspoon lived in 1963 and if he finds out that might tell him why Tippit was at Tenth and Patton. Maybert Cook - On page two there is mention of a conversation between Marie Tippit and Austin Cook about some mysterious flowers.

The lady on the bus who claimed she recognized Oswald because she had recently rented a room to him, Mary Germany Bledsoe,
had an uncle who was her age, Jewell R Germany. He had married the sister of this man's mother and fathered a child with her.
So, in 1930, Matthew's mother, her sister, and sister's son who was Mary Bledsoe's and Matthew's first cousin were living together. after
Bledsoe's uncle separated from RD Matthew's aunt...

R. D. Matthews- a man of mystery and friend of Jack Ruby ...
.. However, toll call records showed a 13-minute long distance call from Ruby's Carousel Club in Dallas to Matthews' ex-wife in Shreveport, Louisiana on October 3, 1963.

FBI - HSCA Subject File: Russell Douglas Matthews
Home / Archive / Documents / JFK Assassination Documents / JFK Documents - Federal Bureau of Investigation / FBI - HSCA Subject Files / FBI - HSCA Subject Files, M - N / :

Last edited:
It was Castro, the KGB, the Cuban exiles, the mob, the FBI, the CIA and LBJ all working together.

It was Castro, the KGB, the Cuban exiles, the mob, the FBI, the CIA and LBJ all working together.
You forgot the gays in Louisiana.

Moving this thread to the CT is a serious compromise to this forum's credibility. All the admins and mods need to give this some serious consideration.

I'm going to air the question on a couple of the other forums on which I take part in order to get their opinions on the topic.

edit: I also take it as an insult and so let this be my warning!
This forum might be a better place without my participation?
Yup. It is now.

Not saying one way or the other, I believe the scrambling was deliberate to make firm conclusions rather difficult.

What if the "known facts" were so much BS and would never have proved Oswald's guilt beyond reasonable doubt? As I lay out, there were "holes" in the "investigation". If there is interest, the cab driver, Whaley earned his own post.

The cab driver appears to have been a liar, generally, the house keeper at the N. Beckley boarding house was the lone source, after
the "hand off" from the cab driver's testimony, as to the timing of Oswald's arrival and departure integral to the shooting of DPD officer Tippit.

Boarding house owner :

"...Mr. BALL. Has she been working for you for that period of time?
Mrs. JOHNSON. No, sir; I let Mrs. Roberts go a time or two, then I would hire her back.
Mr. BALL. there some reason why you let her go?
Mrs. JOHNSON. ..I don't know, she has a lot of handicaps. She has an overweight problem and she has some habits that some people have to understand to tolerate.

Mr. BALL. What are they?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Talking just sitting down and making up tales, you know, have you ever seen people like that? Just have a creative mind, there's nothing to it, and just make up and keep talking until she just makes a lie out of it. Listen, I'm telling you the truth and this isn't to go any further, understand that? You have to know these things because you are going to question this lady. I will tell you, she's just as intelligent--I think she is a person that doesn't mean to do that but she just does it automatically. It seems as though that she, oh, I don't know, wants to be attractive or something at times. I just don't know; I don't understand it myself. I only wish I did.
Mr. BALL. Where did she go?
Mrs. JOHNSON. I do not know. I called her sister to try to find out. I don't think she knows.
Mr. BALL. Who is her sister?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Mrs. Bertha Cheek. ..."

Housekeeper's sister, Bertha Cheek was a real "beaut", recently had met with Jack Ruby...
This young girl who claimed to identify Oswald leaving the scene of the Tippit shooting, lied about her age in 1963 to DPD and in spring, 1964, she was only 15 until June, 1964.... Her husband, Charlie's name was used because there was another witness also named Virginia Davis :

She let this slip out.:
"...Mrs. DAVIS. No, sir; we just saw a police car sitting on the side of the road.
Mr. BELIN. Where was the police car parked?
Mrs. DAVIS. It was parked between the hedge that marks the apartment house where he lives in and the house next door. .."

Above is a reference to Tippit frequenting the house often enough to seem to be living there. His boss at his side job, Austin Cook,
who also employed the mother of three Tippit was long sexually involved with.... her name was Johnnie

Hood College
Austin Cook - On page five of the Austin Cook interview, Cook asks Moriarity if he knows where Witherspoon lived in 1963 and if he finds out that might tell him why Tippit was at Tenth and Patton. Maybert Cook - On page two there is mention of a conversation between Marie Tippit and Austin Cook about some mysterious flowers.

The lady on the bus who claimed she recognized Oswald because she had recently rented a room to him, Mary Germany Bledsoe,
had an uncle who was her age, Jewell R Germany. He had married the sister of this man's mother and fathered a child with her.
So, in 1930, Matthew's mother, her sister, and sister's son who was Mary Bledsoe's and Matthew's first cousin were living together. after
Bledsoe's uncle separated from RD Matthew's aunt...

R. D. Matthews- a man of mystery and friend of Jack Ruby ...
.. However, toll call records showed a 13-minute long distance call from Ruby's Carousel Club in Dallas to Matthews' ex-wife in Shreveport, Louisiana on October 3, 1963.

FBI - HSCA Subject File: Russell Douglas Matthews
Home / Archive / Documents / JFK Assassination Documents / JFK Documents - Federal Bureau of Investigation / FBI - HSCA Subject Files / FBI - HSCA Subject Files, M - N / :
Who do you think pulled the trigger(s) in Dallas on 11/22/63?

Who do you think pulled the trigger(s) in Dallas on 11/22/63?

I think Dallas has been "mined out". IOW, I don't believe answers are to be found in and around Dealey Plaza. Oswald became a useful idiot from the moment he turned up at the U.S. embassy in Moscow. JFK sentenced himself to death by these three decisions.:

Nuclear Test-Ban Treaty - HISTORY
The treaty, which President John F. Kennedy signed less than three months before his assassination, was hailed ...

... - JFK Library
June 10, 1963 ..
"...I speak of peace because..Total war makes no sense in an age when great powers can maintain large and relatively invulnerable nuclear forces and refuse to surrender without resort to those forces. ..

Today the expenditure of billions of dollars every year on weapons acquired for the purpose of making sure we never need to use them is essential to keeping the peace. ..
Some say that it is useless to speak of world peace or world law or world disarmament--and that it will be useless until the leaders of the Soviet Union adopt a more enlightened attitude. I hope they do. I believe we can help them do it. But I also believe that we must reexamine our own attitude--as individuals and as a Nation--for our attitude is as essential as theirs..."

An episode of the NBC news show, "Dateline" is cablecast as I'm typing this. A detective assigned to the District Attorney's office featured in the episode says, "of course in this business, we do not believe in coincidences.

1961 :
51226734249_23f746ece2_h.jpg

Op-Ed: Republicans' 'Munich' fallacy -
Jul 20, 2015 "This is almost as bad as the appeasement at Munich," Gen. Curtis LeMay declared after President Kennedy told the Joint Chiefs he was going to blockade Cuba rather than launch airstrikes.."

John Elroy McGaw was a WWII US Army Air Force Lt. Col. From his widow's 2012 obituary.:

"...On March 21, 1942, she married John Elroy McCaw from Aberdeen. .. Throughout the war, she commuted from Washington D.C. when necessary while Elroy served at Army Air Forces Headquarters in the Pentagon as Executive Officer and Special Assistant to General McClelland, head of USAAF communications. He was also McClelland's liaison to OSS."

"...In 1951, ... A greater volume of communications required a stronger system, and CIA Director Walter Bedell Smith hired McClelland as chief of CIA communications, a position known as "Assistant Director, Communications", on September 10, 1951. There, McClelland oversaw the technical development and implementation of a secure global communications system. He served the CIA for 14 years until his death .. in 1965. ..
Recognition
... as air communications officer, Headquarters Army Air Forces from July 1942 to August 1945, [he] supervised the Army Airways Communications System which furnished communications and navigational aids along the military air routes throughout the world. .."

JFK was aware he was surrounded..
"....Following presentation of the Northwoods plan, Kennedy removed Lemnitzer as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff... U.S. military leaders began to perceive Kennedy as going soft on Cuba, and the President became increasingly unpopular with the military. A rift had already reared during Kennedy's disagreements with the service chiefs over the Cuban Missile Crisis in October of 1962 and ..his June 10, 1963 announcement of a unilateral U.S. Test Ban Treaty. .."

Syndicated columnist Marquis Childs, Washington Post - July 9, 1961
51227084660_ff1dab811f_c.jpg

51226774625_8d544f9f64_b.jpg

Continued..

Continued from my last post...

From "Robert Kennedy, his life" by Evan Thomas :

51226775245_2781496258_c.jpg

51224998207_c895bd3e9a_c.jpg

If Oswald did fire shots into the president's limo, the coincidences and luck positioning him there at the right time and place
with that rusty old foreign war surplus rifle with inoperable scope and almost rare to locate and presumably easy to trace ammunition, are remarkable, mind boggling. Performed literally at high noon on a Texas street, the impacts of the shots captured on film.

In my last post I presented some background on John Elroy McGaw, his WWII link to OSS and Gen. Harold McCleelan and his ties in 1961, to Gen. Curtis Lemay.

This article dated last year,

..by a researcher and presenter of the relationship of defector (immediately preceding Oswald) to the Soviet Union, Robert E. Webster and his employer and sponsor, H. James Rand, fails to even mention J. Elroy McGaw.

Last edited:
I've never heard the Kennedy assassination as a southern white thing. Interesting.

Truthfully, it isn't hard to find someone who was enemies with Kennedy.

1) The CIA hated him for pulling out of the Bay of Pigs invasion at the last minute.
2) The mafia hated him cause his dad was one of them, then his son Bobby attacked them as Attorney General.
3) The vice-president was one of the most vicious guys around. Guess who became president?
4) The Cuban-Americans who wanted to overthrow Castro in Cuba wanted him dead.
5) The whole thing with Marilyn Monroe was sketchy. Who else was he banging that we don't know about?
6) The military wanted to go into Viet Nam but he was holding them back.
7) The Republicans hated that he stole the election. (with the help of Daley in Chicago)

Lots of people benefitted from his death. Hard to place the blame on any one entity.

I've never heard the Kennedy assassination as a southern white thing. Interesting.

Truthfully, it isn't hard to find someone who was enemies with Kennedy.

1) The CIA hated him for pulling out of the Bay of Pigs invasion at the last minute.
Probably true. See #2
2) The mafia hated him cause his dad was one of them, then his son Bobby attacked them as Attorney General.
Might be true. But problem with #1 and #2 is this....was Oswald the best that the CIA and Syndicate could come up with? Really? Seems to me that you'd have a deeper bench of gunmen than Lee Harvey Oswald.
3) The vice-president was one of the most vicious guys around. Guess who became president?
This makes me chuckle. LBJ was a a former school teacher who had a lifelong interest in politics.
4) The Cuban-Americans who wanted to overthrow Castro in Cuba wanted him dead.
Some of those folks probably wanted him out of office. But we could have elected Mother Theresa and there would be people who want her out of office as well
5) The whole thing with Marilyn Monroe was sketchy. Who else was he banging that we don't know about?
LOL
6) The military wanted to go into Viet Nam but he was holding them back.
Okay...but if the military was involved...why didn't we invade Cuba (hence #3). If LBJ was installed to let the bullets rip....why did we bypass the comparative road apple in Cuba? We could have run bombing missions from Florida...much easier.
7) The Republicans hated that he stole the election. (with the help of Daley in Chicago)
They've lost multiple elections before and after. They never resulted to assassinating the other guy.
Lots of people benefitted from his death. Hard to place the blame on any one entity.
Sure you can. LHO.

My big question is what motivated LHO....

My big question is what motivated LHO....

Fair Play for Cuba Committee. Oswald was in charge of the New Orleans branch.... he was also it's only member. You ever wonder if Oswald was an undiagnosed schizophrenic? Could be possible that he hallucinated entire meetings of the FPCC. His whole life may have been a hallucination. It's possible that the whole "conspiracy" only existed within Oswald's head.

Last edited:
Fair Play for Cuba Committee. Oswald was in charge of the New Orleans branch.... he was also it's only member. You ever wonder if Oswald was an undiagnosed schizophrenic? Could be possible that he hallucinated entire meetings of the FPCC. His whole life may have been a hallucination. It's possible that the whole "conspiracy" only existed within Oswald's head.
Well I guess maybe. Perhaps.

The "lone nut" theory (which has Oswald as it's lone nut) loses ground with me:

Be-caws!

• We have more nuts than ever
  • We have more guns than ever
  • The nuts we have have access to more capital than ever
  • The guns that the nuts have access to are more powerful than ever
  • We have more access to data which, one would think, would cause the nuts to be more unhinged than ever
Why aren't there like almost daily assassination attempts? Yes, the secret service is better than ever and detect threats long in advance. But the SS is not protecting anyone other than former Presidents and the current leaders of the executive branch. They aren't protecting the house member from the California 47th district much less state and local officials.

So I'm a pass on the theory that Oswald was just some disgruntled nut job who just fell ass backwards into the whole thing. His actions after he shot JFK, cab, bus, walking, changing clothes, getting his gun..not the actions of someone who was not aware of what he was doing.

Well I guess maybe. Perhaps.

The "lone nut" theory (which has Oswald as it's lone nut) loses ground with me:

Be-caws!

• We have more nuts than ever
  • We have more guns than ever
  • The nuts we have have access to more capital than ever
  • The guns that the nuts have access to are more powerful than ever
  • We have more access to data which, one would think, would cause the nuts to be more unhinged than ever
Why aren't there like almost daily assassination attempts? Yes, the secret service is better than ever and detect threats long in advance. But the SS is not protecting anyone other than former Presidents and the current leaders of the executive branch. They aren't protecting the house member from the California 47th district much less state and local officials.

So I'm a pass on the theory that Oswald was just some disgruntled nut job who just fell ass backwards into the whole thing. His actions after he shot JFK, cab, bus, walking, changing clothes, getting his gun..not the actions of someone who was not aware of what he was doing.

You're stereotyping, though. Oswald was a unique individual living under a specific set of circumstances... there's no reason to expect that anyone else then, now, or since would react exactly the same as he did. I'm also not saying that Oswald wasn't aware of what he was doing - I think he was completely aware. However, I do think his motivations for doing what he did were motivated by his delusions and, possibly, hallucinations.

A key name in the Kennedy Assassination was James Jesus Angleton, chief of counterintelligence for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) from 1954 to 1975.

And here's a video laying it all out.

A key name in the Kennedy Assassination was James Jesus Angleton, chief of counterintelligence for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) from 1954 to 1975.

And here's a video laying it all out.

Another person who had served in the OSS was the CIA's section chief in Dallas.

Another person who had served in the OSS was the CIA's section chief in Dallas.

In 1937, George DeMohrenschildt's brother Dimitri married the mother of George HW Bush's close friend, Edward Gordon Hooker.:

1626901753439.png

1946 : Bush is an usher in the wedding of his former Andover secret society housemate, Edward Gordon Hooker,
best man was S. Willets Meyer. a first cousin of CIA's Cord Meyer. :

1626901929308.png

J. Walton Moore on June 3, 1976 :

51327643760_cc547e4b00_b.jpg

GEORGE DE MOHRENSCHILDT
Staff Report of the Select Committee on Assassinations
U.S. House of Representatives
Ninety-fifth Congress Second Session
March 1979

31. In his Warren commission testimony de Mohrenschildt stated that he believed he had discussed Lee Harvey Oswald with J. Walton Moore, whom de Mohrenschildt described as "a Government man-either FBI or Central Intelligence."(77) De Mohrenschildt said Moore had interviewed him when he returned from Yugoslavia and that he was known as the head of the FBI in Dallas.(78) De Mohrenschildt asserted that he asked Moore and Ft. Worth attorney Max Clark about Oswald to reassure himself that it was "safe" for the de Mohrenschildt to assist Oswald.(79) According to his testimony, de Mohrenschildt was told by one of the persons he talked to about Oswald, although he said he could not remember who it was, that "the guy seems to be OK."(80)

32. This admitted association with J. Walton Moore fed the rumors of some involvement by de Mohrenschildt in intelligence activities.

33. In 1963 J. Walton Moore was employed by the Central Intelligence Agency in Dallas, Tex., in the Domestic Contacts Division.(81) According to Moore's CIA personnel file, he was assigned to the Domestic Contacts Division in 1948.(82) Moore's duties in the Dallas office were contacting individuals in the area who had information on foreign topics.(83)

34. In an Agency memorandum dated April 13, 1977, contained in george de Mohrenschildt's CIA file, Moore set forth facts to counter a claim which had been recently make by WFAA-TV in Dallas that Lee Harvey Oswald was employed by the CIA and that Moore know Oswald. In that memo, Moore is Quoted as saying that according to his records the last time he talked to George de Mohrenschildt was in the fall of 1961.(84) Moore said that he had no recollection of any conversation with the de Mohrenschildt concerning Lee Harvey Oswald.(85) The memo also noted that Moore recalled only two occasions when he met de Mohrenschildt: First, in the spring of 1958 to discuss the mutual interest the two couples had in mainland China; and then in the fall of 1961 when the de Mohrenschildts showed films of their Latin American walking trip.(86)

35. Other documents in de Mohrenschildt's CIA file indicated more contact between Moore and de Mohrenschildt than was stated in the 1977 memo by Moore. In a memorandum dated May 1, 1964, from Moore to the Acting Chief of the Contacts Division of the CIA, Moore stated that he had known George de Mohrenschildt and his wife since 1957, at which time Moore got biographical data on de Mohrenschildt after de Mogrenschildt's trip to Yugoslavia for the International Co-operation Administration.(87) Moore said also in that 1964 memo that he saw de Mohrenschildt several times in 1958 and 1959.(88)

36. De Mohrenschildt's CIA file contained several reports submitted by de Mohrenschildt to the CIA on topics concerning Yugoslavea.(89)

37. In an interview with the committee on March 14, 1978, Moore stated that he did interview de Mohrenschildt in 1957 after the Yugoslavia trip.(90) At that time Moore also indicated he had "periodic" contact with de Mohrenschildt for "debriefing" purposes over the years after that.(91) Moore said that none of that contact or conversation with de Mohrenschildt was related to Oswald; Moore said that the allegations that de Mohrenschildt asked Moore's "permission" to contact Oswald were false.(92)

Last edited:
1946 : Bush is an usher in the wedding of his former Andover secret society housemate, Edward Gordon Hooker,
best man was S. Willets Meyer, a first cousin of CIA's Cord Meyer. Another interesting thing is that in 1940 at Andover,
Bush lived in the two story tall house of their secret society, "A.U.V." with Hooker as well as William B. Macomber, Jr.
On April 25, 1963, just two weeks after George DeMohrenschildt claimed he said to Oswald, in reaction to reports of the
attempted shooting of Gen. Edward Walker, "Lee, how did you miss?... DeMohrenschildt met with Thomas Devine in NYC who
was representing CIA while posing as a disinterested business investor, the first of five contacts between the two by the end of May. In 1973, Macomber, Jr., 1946 best man in the wedding of Bush's sister Nancy and Macomber, Jr's Yale football team friend Alexander Ellis, turns up as best man in Devine's Jupiter Island, FL wedding.

Growing up in Rochester, NY, Tom Devine, Macomber, Jr., and Joseph Dryer were close friends.

Macomber, Jr. was a decorated OSS USMC Captain / weapons officer who had the unusual experiences of parachuting into occupied France to weapons train the French partisan Macquis.

Macomber, Jr. singlehandedly bluffed his way into the surrender by a German commander of as many as 16,000 wermacht soldiers by deceiving the wermacht commander into believing the main allied force was much closer than it actually was.

Macomber, Jr. was recruited by CIA and assigned to interface with congress. He soon resigned and was hired as a staffer by
future Warren Commissioner, Sen. John Sherman Cooper (R-KY), a Yale bonesman, along with Bush and Bush's sister Nancy's husband, Alexander Ellis. Only fifteen Yale Univ. junior classmen are "tapped for Bones," annually!

Macomber, Jr. in 1956, as a key aide to Secretary of State and brother of Allen Dulles.:

Joseph Dryer also happened to meet separately with DeMohrenschildt on April 25, 1963 ! Reminder; both Dryer and Devine were
meeting with DeMohrenschildt just two weeks after DeMohrenschildt and his wife Jean claimed knowledge of Oswald owning a rifle and using it to shoot through a window of Gen. Edwin Walker's leased Turtle Creek, Dallas, home.

Excerpt from author Joan Mellen's book about DeMohrenschildt, "Our Man in Haiti".

1626903356422.png

Excerpt from author Joan Mellen's book about DeMohrenschildt, "Our Man in Haiti".

1626903235233.png

Last edited:
Macomber, Jr. married Phylis Bernau in 1963.

Their boss in 1956 was John Foster Dulles :

1626904285307.png

From George DeMohrenschildt's Warren Commission testimony.:

"...Mr. JENNER. Now,----
Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. In the meantime, my brother came to visit me from the United States. We had not seen each other since 1920. He was studying--he was pursuing his career, and eventually got married.
Mr. JENNER. To Miss McAdoo?
Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. No; that is my uncle. My brother married a lady by the name of Betty Cartright Hooker.
Mr. JENNER. That is right. And you were in partnership at one time with Edward Hooker, were you not?
Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. That is right.

Mr. JENNER. I will get to that in a moment. She is still living, is she not?.."

"Miss McAdoo" happened to be the widow pf DeMohrenschildt's uncle, Ferdinand von Mohrenschildt, a Tsarist regime employee of the Russian foreign ministry in the U.S. until 1917. Before marrying Senator John Sherman Cooper, mentioned iin my last post, Cooper's wife had been the wife of Nona McAdoo von Mohrenschildt's brother.

1626905459169.png

https://www.washingtonpost.com › local › 1985/02/06
Feb 6, 1985 — Lorraine Rowan Cooper, 79, a personality of intelligence and ... Her marriages to Robert McAdoo and Thomas Shevlin Jr. ended in divorce.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom