• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was the Flood Account Borrowed from Prior Mythologies?

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
J. Warner Wallace is interviewed by Brittany Valadez about the similarity of other ancient mythologies when compared to the Judeo-Christian narrative. Is the account of the Flood a true account? Was it borrowed from prior mythologies?

I going to take a chance by answering the question in reference to Moses departing the Sea, Was it a actual event ?
I believe so.
The movie by Cecil B DeMille was a sample and imagine with today's special effects would do. The magnitude of the actual event has to be tremendous and breath taking. However those who crossed,sadly they've lost their lives as well as Pharaoh's army.
As for the idea of myth,it's the usual liberal/Demo tactic of saying all this is a story that never happened. Got news...like the Wall our President Trump is going to get,it happened.
So surf's up. It's Beach Blanket Bingo. The Flood is not borrowed from myths...myths are borrowed from the Flood.

I going to take a chance by answering the question in reference to Moses departing the Sea, Was it a actual event ?
I believe so.
The movie by Cecil B DeMille was a sample and imagine with today's special effects would do. The magnitude of the actual event has to be tremendous and breath taking. However those who crossed,sadly they've lost their lives as well as Pharaoh's army.
As for the idea of myth,it's the usual liberal/Demo tactic of saying all this is a story that never happened. Got news...like the Wall our President Trump is going to get,it happened.
So surf's up. It's Beach Blanket Bingo. The Flood is not borrowed from myths...myths are borrowed from the Flood.

Good summation, considering you can't watch the video, PTF...Mr Wallace brings out the fact that there is a flood account in nearly every civilization...of course some claim there are myths about the flood older than Moses' writing...he also brings out that ALL of these stories are written well after the fact, Babylon's account, as well as Moses' account, or any other account, so in reality, that fact only reinforces the thought that the event really occurred in history...it does not matter who wrote about the account first...that is what I took away from the video...

Good summation, considering you can't watch the video, PTF...Mr Wallace brings out the fact that there is a flood account in nearly every civilization...of course some claim there are myths about the flood older than Moses' writing...he also brings out that ALL of these stories are written well after the fact, Babylon's account, as well as Moses' account, or any other account, so in reality, that fact only reinforces the thought that the event really occurred in history...it does not matter who wrote about the account first...that is what I took away from the video...

There were massive floods everywhere this year with heavy rains. Not to get scientific by you look at this week's weather map which may include your region clear up to the Atlantic seaboard there has been massive rainstorms. It's obvious these storms are not myths. All this has been happening for thousands of years.
How can you tell someone who lost their homes to floods it's just a myth ?
Can anyone spell Katrina ?
Tell the folks in New Orleans it's just a myth.
The idea of myths is just that...a myth.

There were massive floods everywhere this year with heavy rains. Not to get scientific by you look at this week's weather map which may include your region clear up to the Atlantic seaboard there has been massive rainstorms. It's obvious these storms are not myths. All this has been happening for thousands of years.
How can you tell someone who lost their homes to floods it's just a myth ?
Can anyone spell Katrina ?
Tell the folks in New Orleans it's just a myth.
The idea of myths is just that...a myth.

There was no global flood as described in the bible. That is a myth.

I believe so...

So you part with reality quite early on in the Bible

The book of Exodus is a total fabrication.

"...after a century of research by archaeologists and Egyptologists the consensus of modern scholars is that the Bible does not give an accurate account of the origins of Israel. There is no indication that the Israelites ever lived in Ancient Egypt, and the Sinai Peninsula shows almost no sign of any occupation for the entire 2nd millennium BCE..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus

Sorry, Exodus is a lie.

I believe so.

The Great Flood as described in the bible violates the laws of physics and there is no evidence that it actually occurred. The only people who disagree with that are Marxists in league with Satan.

Super duper glad I could set you straight on that.

To answer the question, yes. Short thread.

The Great Flood as described in the bible violates the laws of physics and there is no evidence that it actually occurred....

You are a master of understatement.

There are MOUNTAINS of evidence that the biblical global flood never occurred.

It is impossible

It is the most laughably embarrassingly plot-holed story in the whole bible.

Anyone who even thinks of believing it, has checked out their intelligence.

You are a master of understatement.

There are MOUNTAINS of evidence that the biblical global flood never occurred.

It is impossible

It is the most laughably embarrassingly plot-holed story in the whole bible.

Anyone who even thinks of believing it, has checked out their intelligence.
And the whole thing is a retelling of the Epic Of Gilgamesh.

Any scientific explanations are just words and it gives the scientists something to do in order to draw a paycheck. Just like the liberal/Demos.
So how do you stop flood waters ?
Ask our President and build a wall.

How can we trust the Torah’s account of the worldwide flood when we find strikingly similar stories in other ancient traditions?

Any scientific explanations are just words and it gives the scientists something to do in order to draw a paycheck. Just like the liberal/Demos.

And your proof of a world wide flood is?

Kinda spoils the view of the Euphrates river in Summertime though

Back
Top Bottom