• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Was the 9/11 Bombings Illegal?

Were the 9/11 Bombings Illegal?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if Bush was responsible

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

ptsdkid

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I'm just mystified over the liberal attacks on Bush's actions to fight the terrorists. Perhaps I don't understand the liberal mindset on war strategies, ergo, maybe they think the 9/11 bombings were perfectly legal, thereby giving their opposition to Bush wiretapping the terrorists as being an illegal action.

Moved to a more appropriate forum.

also, your verb tenses could use some work.

ptsdkid said:
I'm just mystified over the liberal attacks on Bush's actions to fight the terrorists. Perhaps I don't understand the liberal mindset on war strategies, ergo, maybe they think the 9/11 bombings were perfectly legal, thereby giving their opposition to Bush wiretapping the terrorists as being an illegal action.

I do not know one person (even liberals) who was not horrified by the 9-11 attacks. Bush was at his highest popularity after the attacks, when people loved the way he leaded our country during that difficult time. While I support him going after the terrorists, I don't support him breaking the law and thinking he can do anything he wants in the name of national security. We are a country of laws and our constitution demands a balance of power. If Bush wasn't such an arrogant a$$ and showed respect to our constitution, I think he would have as much support now as he did right after the 9-11 attacks.

RightatNYU said:
Moved to a more appropriate forum.

also, your verb tenses could use some work.

**Verb tenses? You mean there was more than one grammatical faux pas in my post? Tell me NYC, was it my grammar that sent this post to the basement, or was it my ability to expose liberal foolishness?

KidTim

ptsdkid said:
**Verb tenses? You mean there was more than one grammatical faux pas in my post? Tell me NYC, was it my grammar that sent this post to the basement, or was it my ability to expose liberal foolishness?

KidTim
While I can't speak for RNYU, I suspect it was more the multiple strawmen that you put in place of actual arguments.

ptsdkid said:

Ill accept that 9/11 was illegal but the war on iraq had nothing to do with fighting terroism. Indeed it made the problem worse and was quite ironic as the only reason america has a problem with terroism is its opressive foreign policy.

Its what Bush did after that’s got people pissed off. Did he send 150k troops to Afghanistan where bin laden and his followers where? NO!
He sent only a few thousand!!!
WE SHOULD HAVE INVADED AFGHANISTAN!!
That’s where he messed up and allowed bin laden to get away.

ptsdkid said:

I'm really confused by your question, ptskid. What bombings happened on 9/11?

Middleground said:
I'm really confused by your question, ptskid. What bombings happened on 9/11?

**The two jets that slammed into the twin towers in NYC on 9/11/01 had the same affect as if they were being bombed. Look at the destruction and aftermath of those jet attacks to come to any reasonable semantic description--and you'll invariably come to the conclusin that it was a bombing or a facsimile thereof.

Simon W. Moon said:
While I can't speak for RNYU, I suspect it was more the multiple strawmen that you put in place of actual arguments.

**First, you do speak for NYC as your thinking comes from the same vacuum as his. This multiple strawmen can only be a figment of your imagination, as once again the moderators didn't give me a chance to present my arguments; nor did you give others the chance to debate me with their postions on the issue. Again, the foolishness of saying there were multiple strawmen is only outweighed by the fact that there wasn't even one strawman, unless he was invisible to my ken.

ptsdkid said:
... the moderators didn't give me a chance to present my arguments ...
You had all the time you needed to write you OP. We did not impose any time limit or any other such thing which would have prevented you from presenting your arguments.

ptsdkid said:
... nor did you give others the chance to debate me with their postions on the issue.
They have the chance even now. It has not been taken away from anyone.

ptsdkid said:
Again, the foolishness of saying there were multiple strawmen is only outweighed by the fact that there wasn't even one strawman, unless he was invisible to my ken.
I'll refrain from chracterizing the facility and ability of your ken.

However, it is prima facie absurd to assume that anyone thinks that the attacks of 9-11 were legal. Presenting such as a probable possibility is the strawman. The purpose of constructing and exhibiting such a straw man is not to engage in legitimate, civil debate, but rather to troll for outraged reactions.

Since, as you have noted above, you did not present your arguments but rather some other things else instead, how did you expect the OP to be the starting point of a debate?

ptsdkid said:
**The two jets that slammed into the twin towers in NYC on 9/11/01 had the same affect as if they were being bombed. Look at the destruction and aftermath of those jet attacks to come to any reasonable semantic description--and you'll invariably come to the conclusin that it was a bombing or a facsimile thereof.

Just because the effect of a bomb is similar to the effect of a jet crashing into a building (so you say), it does not mean that the two are the same. The twin towers were not bombed, as you imply. How do expect people to take you poll seriously when your question is factually wrong? Are you confusing 9/11 with Oklahoma?

ptsdkid said:

The 1993 WTC attack? That was a bombing.

Oklahoma City? That was a bombing.

9/11? That was a suicide mission, to put it simply.

Stace said:
The 1993 WTC attack? That was a bombing.

Oklahoma City? That was a bombing.

9/11? That was a suicide mission, to put it simply.

**People that have no clue as to what designates a 'bombing' need to keep their pie hole's shut. We received countless RPG (Rocket propelled Grenade) attacks while in combat. I suppose (if I were to listen to you yahoos) that a grenade wouldn't be calssified as a bomb. However, for those of us in my platoon--we called the incoming of the RPG's a bombing. The initial hitting of the twin towers by the jets was also called a bombing in various news outlets. Certainly the destruction of the twin towers compared equally to the destruction of the RPG bombings.

ptsdkid said:
**People that have no clue as to what designates a 'bombing' need to keep their pie hole's shut. We received countless RPG (Rocket propelled Grenade) attacks while in combat. I suppose (if I were to listen to you yahoos) that a grenade wouldn't be calssified as a bomb. However, for those of us in my platoon--we called the incoming of the RPG's a bombing. The initial hitting of the twin towers by the jets was also called a bombing in various news outlets. Certainly the destruction of the twin towers compared equally to the destruction of the RPG bombings.

Just because you call something one thing or another - that doesn't make it so.

ptsdkid said:

So, Kid, according to your logic, Tim VcVeigh actually flew a plane into the Oklahoma building. And The Unibomber (a.k.a. The Uniflyer), well he mailed exploding 747s, right? :lol:

Don't feel too badly about your boo-boo. Apparently, there are other nuts out there who think the towers were bombed too. These are leftwing whackjobs who think Bushie and company planted bombs inside the towers to help the terrorists with their mission. Hmmmmm... is that where you got your misleading notion from?

peeman.gif

Last edited:
Middleground said:
So, Kid, according to your logic, Tim VcVeigh actually flew a plane into the Oklahoma building. And The Unibomber (a.k.a. The Uniflyer), well he mailed exploding 747s, right? :lol:

Don't feel too badly about your boo-boo. Apparently, there are other nuts out there who think the towers were bombed too. These are leftwing whackjobs who think Bushie and company planted bombs inside the towers to help the terrorists with their mission. Hmmmmm... is that where you got your misleading notion from?

peeman.gif

**When you look at photos or film of the twin towers right after they were hit--what word or words would you have used to describe the scene? Would you have said we just got 'uniflied' or we just got 'unimailed'? LOL! To look at that film and merely say we just got attacked leaves too generic of a description to take seriously, or to fully comprehend the seriousness thereof. To say we got bombed (as the jets did blow up having full tanks of fuel) is a much more accurate description of the scene...yes?
You see, I prefer to describe events with accurate words so that everyone can get the message. I just hate leaving the audience walking around in a fog on some uncertain Middleground.

ptsdkid said:
**When you look at photos or film of the twin towers right after they were hit--what word or words would you have used to describe the scene? Would you have said we just got 'uniflied' or we just got 'unimailed'? LOL! To look at that film and merely say we just got attacked leaves too generic of a description to take seriously, or to fully comprehend the seriousness thereof. To say we got bombed (as the jets did blow up having full tanks of fuel) is a much more accurate description of the scene...yes?
You see, I prefer to describe events with accurate words so that everyone can get the message. I just hate leaving the audience walking around in a fog on some uncertain Middleground.

Well, then to be more accurate, explosion would be a nice word. Especially since explosion does not equate bombing.

ptsdkid said:
To say we got bombed (as the jets did blow up having full tanks of fuel) is a much more accurate description of the scene...yes?

Ahhhh... no. Not sure what planet you're living on, but it's one with a skewed sense of reality. Perhaps that's where all the Neo Cons come from... yeah, that's gotta be it. :2wave:

If "it look like a bombing" is an accurate description of the post scene, well fine, perhaps it is so. To say that the Twin Towers were bombed, well, that is NOT accurate (such as your poll question). How many more time do I have to say it? If you were a reporter, and you printed that the Twin Towers were bombed in your Sept. 12 column, you would of been unemployed on Sept. 13.

If you have one ounce of integrity, you gotta grant me that, kid.

Last edited:
ptsdkid said:
How many 911 terrorists are in Iraq then ?

robin said:
How many 911 terrorists are in Iraq then ?

**None of the 19 terrorists of 9/11 are in Iraq. They're all in hell, and Saddam and Bin Laden are living in hell as we discuss this.

ptsdkid said:
The initial hitting of the twin towers by the jets was also called a bombing in various news outlets. Certainly the destruction of the twin towers compared equally to the destruction of the RPG bombings.
So since more than "various outlets" in this forum think you're a TROLL then this thread and your last post prove it to be 100% true.

As a matter of fact, you're the biggest TROLL this forum has witnessed since I joined 10 months ago. Damn, you're the runaway winner.

This thread is just another pathetic, lame demonstration of how imbecilic you are. Anyone who would start a thread believing that they will get people to say that the 9-11 tragedy was LEGAL is an ASSHOLE and a MORON.

Speaking for almost everyone, you can kiss my ass!
kissass.gif

26 X World Champs said:
So since more than "various outlets" in this forum think you're a TROLL then this thread and your last post prove it to be 100% true.

As a matter of fact, you're the biggest TROLL this forum has witnessed since I joined 10 months ago. Damn, you're the runaway winner.

This thread is just another pathetic, lame demonstration of how imbecilic you are. Anyone who would start a thread believing that they will get people to say that the 9-11 tragedy was LEGAL is an ASSHOLE and a MORON.

Speaking for almost everyone, you can kiss my ass!
kissass.gif
SMIRKnCHIMP is the all-time winner...

Although ptsdkid put up a good fight...

Kid, I love how I got your back against the wall and how you're avoiding my last post. Do you have a problem admitting you were wrong? Are you perfect just like your prez?

Middleground said:
Kid, I love how I got your back against the wall and how you're avoiding my last post. Do you have a problem admitting you were wrong? Are you perfect just like your prez?
He won't answer for another 6 days...suspended yesterday...

Back
Top Bottom