• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was Ted Kaczynski right?

AtlantaAdonis

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I used to think this guy was a luddite loon, but now I'm not so sure. AI and automation continue to kill our jobs. The rich intend to have a society ran by AI and robots and the fruits of that they will keep for themselves and the non-rich can go screw themselves. We will never have a society where computers do all the work, but we could have one where they only do work for the rich.

Industrialized society has not only destroyed the environment beyond repair, but it may also make even the lower middle class extinct. They won't have any use left for the proletariat and we will all get thrown into the trash heap. I don't know what the answer is, but we really need to figure out something soon.

You must be one of the three people who actually read Kaczynski's manifesto.

At the very least way too close for comfort.

The idea that better tech makes for a better human to my mind is dead, it is a theory that has been proven wrong.

You must be one of the three people who actually read Kaczynski's manifesto.

Inconvenient truth is almost always ignored by moderns.

We need to hear that we are right.

Our egos are that fragile.

We used to be better.

Seriously.

The knowledge explosion has backfired. We learn less and less each day about what really matters.

The knowledge explosion has backfired. We learn less and less each day about what really matters.

It is having a super huge library with a lot of crap in it, and not having the slightest clue how to use it, because the schools dont have the slightest interest in providing education anymore, they do indoctrination, and our culture coddles lazy winners who refuse to help pull the wagon.

We are seriously ****ed.

Surely there's a convincing Luddite out there that isn't also a murderer we could learn from?

Surely there's a convincing Luddite out there that isn't also a murderer we could learn from?

There are very few people around who have the bandwidth Kaczynski has, and far fewer than that have the courage to be free thinkers.....so not likely is the answer.

Sorry.

BTW: Post #6 was supposed to read "whiners" not "winners", obviously.

I used to think this guy was a luddite loon, but now I'm not so sure. AI and automation continue to kill our jobs. The rich intend to have a society ran by AI and robots and the fruits of that they will keep for themselves and the non-rich can go screw themselves. We will never have a society where computers do all the work, but we could have one where they only do work for the rich.

Industrialized society has not only destroyed the environment beyond repair, but it may also make even the lower middle class extinct. They won't have any use left for the proletariat and we will all get thrown into the trash heap. I don't know what the answer is, but we really need to figure out something soon.

A broken clock is right two times a day.

But seriously, he had mental illness. He took truths and concern, and because of his mental illness, they consumed him to the point of madness and killing and maiming innocent people. His mind failed to see the disconnect between killing a worker bee and shutting down an entire technology sector or the government. And the issues grew in his mind to be so large as to consume him. Anyone with OCD can probably relate to a minor degree and get just a taste of what his mind was like 24/7. A tragedy, since he was a highly intelligent person and could have been productive and actually helped the world. But he had a mental illness that prevented that. A tragedy.

we wont have any use for the bourgeoisie, there the ones who should be afraid, and as you can see they completely and totally are

Inconvenient truth is almost always ignored by moderns.

We need to hear that we are right.

Our egos are that fragile.

We used to be better.

Seriously.

Are you suggesting there is something in there worth reading?

Are you suggesting there is something in there worth reading?

I have not read it, and sometimes I cant follow the thoughts of people we are as smart as Kaczynski, or I cant take the tedium of academic prose so who knows if I could get through it, but I suspect that there is something there based upon reports.

I can see why you'd agree with him.

we wont have any use for the bourgeoisie, there the ones who should be afraid, and as you can see they completely and totally are

THERE the ones who should be afraid? :shock:

:lamo

Whats adorable is that you are 100 years late for the communist party. And you don't realize it.

No, whats adorable is that you are 100 years late for the nazi party. And you don't realize it.

I have not read it, and sometimes I cant follow the thoughts of people we are as smart as Kaczynski, or I cant take the tedium of academic prose so who knows if I could get through it, but I suspect that there is something there based upon reports.

here ya go

http://cyber.eserver.org/unabom.txt

he's an anarcho-primitivist

Anarcho-primitivism is an anarchist critique of the origins and progress of civilization. According to anarcho-primitivism, the shift from hunter-gatherer to agricultural subsistence gave rise to social stratification, coercion, alienation, and population growth. Anarcho-primitivists advocate a return to non-"civilized" ways of life through deindustrialization, abolition of the division of labor or specialization, and abandonment of large-scale organization technologies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-primitivism

Back
Top Bottom