• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Was Sam Adams & Thomas Jefferson & Friends from outer space

freedom69714

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hi fellow D.P members When I read our constution of the UNITED STATES I have to wonder if our fore fathers :hm were from outer space WHY you ask ?

Spell check not working today I know it's that pop up BLOCKER

Because even today I do not think their are people SMART enough to write anything so BEAUTFUL I don't know about you but I'm blown away every time I think of this :hm OUTSTANDING document

True they made a few mistakes i.e believeing the BLACKS are NOT MEN
& not allowing woman to vote however all things considered it is ONE AWESOME document

P.S They also were smart enogh to know they were NOT PERFECT so they made it a living document :hm allowing it to be changed as our time change

SIMPLY AMZAING

POWER TO THE CONSUTION
Freedom69

The writing is beautiful, no question about that. Beautiful writing was more common in those days as a result of the classic education of the elite.

The principal thing they had going for them in writing the Constitution was the lack of well organized special interests. The one special interest that was well organized, Slavery, almost killed it. Only a shameful compromise allowed it to happen, and this had to be sorted out seventy years or so later. We are still trying to sort it out. Another special interest that heavily influenced the document was not really a problem. Almost the entire membership of the committee were landed gentlemen, and their view of the world went into it.

No such document could possibly be written today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom