• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was Pro-Gun Control ,but now Im Pro-Gun

Did Swtich sides?

• Total voters

cpgrad08

American
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I was wondering if anybody here was at one point on the gun-control side but then came over to the Pro-Gun side and if so why if you care to share. Or Visa-verse.

For me I have always been Pro-gun.

I was wondering if anybody here was at one point on the gun-control side but then came over to the Pro-Gun side and if so why if you care to share. Or Visa-verse.

I'm Pro-gun. But I'm for gun control. Go figure.

I don't think people should be able to buy military grade weapons (guns, rocket launchers, etc., etc.). But I don't know what restrictions need to be "added." The idea that we need guns to protect ourselves from government is ridiculous.

We will never be able to do that. If the government decides to go rogue? We're screwed. No amount of small arms are going to make any difference. They will starve us. Cut off our water supply. Kill whoever they have to kill to get those few rogues out there to go into hiding; and the game will be over.

Those who are looking to fend off the general populace in case of nuclear attack, as an example, will be able to...for a very VERY short time. In that case, you're going to have to find a way to go along to get along. And that's just the truth.

But that's just me. ;)

I have always believed that the public, through the use of it's representatives and senators in Washington DC, have the right to regulate guns and their usage, but not total gun control. (Example: the government has no right to tell the public that it has no rights to all guns.)

Im for gun control but I don't mind people who carry a gun with a permit . There needs to be some control but not total control .

I have always believed that the public, through the use of it's representatives and senators in Washington DC, have the right to regulate guns and their usage, but not total gun control. (Example: the government has no right to tell the public that it has no rights to all guns.)
Read the constitution, it disagrees with you.

Read the constitution, it disagrees with you.
If what you say is true, which I do not believe it to be, than you had better hurry with the revolution because the government has been doing this for a long while now. :twocents:

I don't think people should be able to buy military grade weapons (guns, rocket launchers, etc., etc.). But I don't know what restrictions need to be "added." The idea that we need guns to protect ourselves from government is ridiculous.

We will never be able to do that. If the government decides to go rogue? We're screwed. No amount of small arms are going to make any difference. They will starve us. Cut off our water supply. Kill whoever they have to kill to get those few rogues out there to go into hiding; and the game will be over.

Those who are looking to fend off the general populace in case of nuclear attack, as an example, will be able to...for a very VERY short time. In that case, you're going to have to find a way to go along to get along. And that's just the truth.

But that's just me. ;)

OK, now square that belief with the most powerful military on the planet, in over a decade, not advancing beyond a virtual stalemate against an enemy with no air force, no navy and a "rag tag", at best, army in Afghanistan (or Vietnam). You must understand that the U.S. militray are not robots and will not likely carry out "unlawful" orders, as they too have friends, relatives and interests beyond the mindless following of insane orders during a brief enlistment.

It's not as ridiculous as you think, Jefferson, Washington, Madison, and even Hamilton alluded to the right of the citizens to cast off oppressive government, none issued a guarantee but affirmed the right. On the other point, "military grade" weapons are a misnomer, most of the stuff on the civilian market is better made, however we cannot get full auto firearms legally without an FFLIII license and nothing after 1986 thanks to a certain asshole senator from New Jersey.

Politicians aren't immune to bullets, and as many have said, should an insurrection ever be warranted they would be priority targets, not full scale attacks on the U.S. military. Part of the reason many politicians are pro gun control is that they know that, and they are overall dishonest cowards. I'm not surprised that politicians want to protect their sorry asses, just surprised many people think that the populace would engage in the military.

But that's just me. ;)
Politicians would have a hard time using full force to enforce oppression against the citizens, anything they would use area effective would be used against the very places our forces call home, and then there is the destruction of critical infrastructure, they would have to take themselves down in order to maintain power. Tactics Maggie, Tactics.;)

OK, now square that belief with the most powerful military on the planet, in over a decade, not advancing beyond a virtual stalemate against an enemy with no air force, no navy and a "rag tag", at best, army in Afghanistan (or Vietnam). You must understand that the U.S. militray are not robots and will not likely carry out "unlawful" orders, as they too have friends, relatives and interests beyond the mindless following of insane orders during a brief enlistment.
Just one reason that I personally believe that the US government will never go door to door demanding people's guns. :shrug:

If what you say is true, which I do not believe it to be, than you had better hurry with the revolution because the government has been doing this for a long while now. :twocents:
There is a swing to it, they've gotten away with illegitimate governance since post civil war, but citizens are starting to fight back somewhat at the voting booth, and statist clowns like Feinstein are starting to get embarrassed by constitutionalists. I don't care what you "believe" if you actually take time to learn about the founding, intent, and legal nature of the constitution the truth is that we are a federal constitutional republic and NOT a Democracy, so, to hell with what the public wants if something is specifically prohibited in the constitution. You want it, go for an amendment.

Just one reason that I personally believe that the US government will never go door to door demanding people's guns. :shrug:
There may be a point that they try, but the prediction would be that unemployment would drop as they need to replace agents.

I am for gun control (I don't think anyone needs an AK47 and 100 rounds) but I am not for taking away guns. While this is a change, that is profound to me, it may not actually meet the criteria of your OP.

I changed my mind when I had kids. If anyone ever tried to hurt them I would shoot them without an afterthought and I wouldn't care if they were Mother Frkn Theresa. There are bad people in the world and behavior is a choice. Even if there are extenuating circumstances that push someone to bad choices your behavior is a choice so if you chose to hurt and innocent person you pay the price. If the way you chose to hurt an innocent person is to take attempt to take their life, then yours is also on the line if you lose it ...you had it coming.

But that's just me. ;)
if the government ever goes "rogue".. which I don't believe it will do.. come find me.

They are getting more inclined to try to do just that. As they continue to make promises well beyond their ability to pay for them via direct taxation, we will soon see "austerity day" when the ponsi schemes of income redistribution will have to stop or be very seriously reduced. The sheeple just may not take to that sort of abrupt change very lightly. ;)

There is a swing to it, they've gotten away with illegitimate governance since post civil war, but citizens are starting to fight back somewhat at the voting booth, and statist clowns like Feinstein are starting to get embarrassed by constitutionalists. I don't care what you "believe" if you actually take time to learn about the founding, intent, and legal nature of the constitution the truth is that we are a federal constitutional republic and NOT a Democracy, so, to hell with what the public wants if something is specifically prohibited in the constitution. You want it, go for an amendment.
Well LA, why is it that for example we do not see organizations such as the NRA take up these so called atrocities against the Constitution with SCOTUS? They could if they really wanted to. That just baffles me. I mean why is it that a person needs to get a permit to carry a concealed gun when the Constitution says, in your definition, that it doesn't? Why doesn't the NRA take that to SCOTUS and challenge that idea? :shrug:

They are getting more inclined to try to do just that. As they continue to make promises well beyond their ability to pay for them via direct taxation, we will soon see "austerity day" when the ponsi schemes of income redistribution will have to stop or be very seriously reduced. The sheeple just may not take to that sort of abrupt change very lightly. ;)
I disagree. I do not believe that our good folks in the military would do that to their dads and moms and brothers and sisters. :shrug:

The beauty of the federal republic system is that the federal would lose most of it's leverage and the states would simply reassert their powers, you would actually see the whole thing simply reset itself, not that it would be a whole lot of fun mind you but I think that politicians would have more to be worried about than the people.

There may be a point that they try, but the prediction would be that unemployment would drop as they need to replace agents.
I think that a good portion of the military would rebel before this would happen.

I have always been pro-gun.... and will always remain so.

I am also pro-fork, pro-spoon, pro-knife, pro-pencil, pro-pen,and pro-computer.

I'm not really pro-"assault weapon" though... I own a few, but inferior firearms like "military grade small arms" are for fun to me, nothing more.
if you want an AK or an AR with a 100000000000000 round mag... go for it.... get yourself a ma duece if ya like, I don't mind... it's not a big deal.

if the government ever goes "rogue".. which I don't believe it will do.. come find me.

See, that I believe. And, imo, no one will bother.

But those who think they're "going to war" with the government would be, I think, very surprised. When the government controls the news . . . the infrastructure . . . media . . . communications . . . et al? It'd be too tough a row to hoe.

I disagree. I do not believe that our good folks in the military would do that to their dads and moms and brothers and sisters. :shrug:
They wouldn't send the military, they would send FBI, DHS, and other agencies most likely and call it something like "domestic security operations". The military would be most likely to defect or refuse illegal orders, so they would pick the least constitutional agencies.

I think that a good portion of the military would rebel before this would happen.
I just responded earlier to what I think would happen, caught this after. I think extra constitutional agencies would be called upon, not that it would be a fantastic idea, but a definite possibility.

They wouldn't send the military, they would send FBI, DHS, and other agencies most likely and call it something like "domestic security operations". The military would be most likely to defect or refuse illegal orders, so they would pick the least constitutional agencies.
That's not enough for most citizens to worry about in my opinion.

You misunderstand me, I think. It is not that the gov't will try to go on the offensive, it is that they fear not being able to be defended from the rath of those dads, moms, brothers and sisters that they had promised all manner of good things to and yet had become unable to deliver them. ;)

Well LA, why is it that for example we do not see organizations such as the NRA take up these so called atrocities against the Constitution with SCOTUS? They could if they really wanted to. That just baffles me. I mean why is it that a person needs to get a permit to carry a concealed gun when the Constitution says, in your definition, that it doesn't? Why doesn't the NRA take that to SCOTUS and challenge that idea? :shrug:
The problem is one of precedence, the NRA has not had the opportunity to have NFA, or GCA legislation heard because the court is too weak to revisit the precedence set by those FAR unconstitutional bills. It's not for lack of trying, we have a SCOTUS that isn't really worth a damn historically.

Back
Top Bottom