• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Was Martin high on "lean" when he died?

What say you?

• He was high on "lean" and making more of it.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • He just loved Skittles.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
When this thread was first posted, I most or less brushed it off, because, TBH, I had no clue. Now I'd heard of "drank" or "purple drank". A member of my beloved Green Bay Packers, Johnny Jolly, was arrested for this "street brew". There is internet chatter, TM's toxicology report indicates liver damage consistent with use of "lean". To be fair, those could be simply wild internet rumors so I don't give them much credence. However, a recipe for "lean", which is simply another street name for this mix, calls specifically for arizona watermelon drink and skittles. As far as we know TM had no over the counter cough medicine. Thus it's pure speculation why TM specifically purchased arizona watermelon drink and skittles. He may have simply had the munchies from the THC in his system. I do find it odd, "race baiter" attorney crump, didn't reported it as "tea" not arizona watermelon drink.

Coincidence?? Or purposeful intent?

He was black so he was going to do drugs. Thanks OP.
That's right. When T put up a Tweet 'axeing' if anyone knew where he could score liquid codeine it was b/c he had a 'hacking' cough from smoking dope.
Give your noggin a shake.
Watermelon drink+Skittles+liquid codeine= 'LEAN'.

I can't believe people are turning some candy and a drink into a drug.

I know, wild huh? Remember the sniffing paint craze? Hardware stores were going to have to card to sell spray paint.

Convenience store employees are trained to restrict cough syrup purchases. Arizona watermelon punch, skittles and over the counter cough syrup, I guess it's the recipe de jour.

Understood but that wasn't the point captainawesome was trying to get across. He was going for the race card (and failed) in assuming because Martihn was black so that meant he took drugs.

Well he did do drugs. He smoked weed and he was into doing him some fire ass lean.
#RACECARDFAIL

I know, wild huh? Remember the sniffing paint craze? Hardware stores were going to have to card to sell spray paint.

Convenience store employees are trained to restrict cough syrup purchases. Arizona watermelon punch, skittles and over the counter cough syrup, I guess it's the recipe de jour.

I remember that. It's mind boggling the things people will think of to try and get high.

That's right. When T put up a Tweet 'axeing' if anyone knew where he could score liquid codeine it was b/c he had a 'hacking' cough from smoking dope.
Give your noggin a shake.
Watermelon drink+Skittles+liquid codeine= 'LEAN'.

Thanks for the racism.

He was black so he was going to do drugs. Thanks OP.

4 posts in before a liberal steered the thread toward race. Is this a new record? or have some managed to do it in less?

What say you? Was he going to get more ingredients to make "lean", or does he just love Skittles?

The actual question was

Was Martin high on "lean" when he died?

Well, since lean is made with codeine cough syrup.....did the tox screen show any opiates?

Question answered.

Probably safe to say that both men had some level of mind altering drug in their system. Often wonder when driving down a hiway how many other drivers around me have mind altering chemicals in their bloodstream at that moment.

Probably safe to say that both men had some level of mind altering drug in their system. Often wonder when driving down a hiway how many other drivers around me have mind altering chemicals in their bloodstream at that moment.

Yeah, no doubt....Between that, and people texting while driving, no wonder we have the 2nd or 3rd most dangerous job in America.

Yeah, but doubt that pot had any impact on what occurred.

It does have an impact on the case though. Zimmerman stated it appeared that Trayvon was on drugs in the 911 call so the fact he had THC in his system it does bring reasonable doubt that he wasn't racially profilling Trayvon. I think the fact that he was right on his assesment of Trayvon being on drugs could very well be the reason he looked suspicious to Zimmerman. I wasn't there so I don't know what he saw or if he was in fact racially profiling him but it does give you something to think about.

It's called lean - also drank. When watermelon iced tea, Skittles and cough syrup are mixed (supposedly), that's whatcha' get.

To answer your question, we'll never know.

Does adding the iced tea and Skittles have any impact on the cough syrup?

The question I'd like to see at least posed to mr crump the "race baiting" attorney. What drink did TM buy at the store that night?

See if he'd answer correctly. If he said "tea", I'd ask again, are you sure it was tea? not Arizona watermelon fruit juice cocktail?

You're an attorney mr crump, you are trained to pay attention to detail, why are you reluctant to describe the item?

Last edited:
It does have an impact on the case though. Zimmerman stated it appeared that Trayvon was on drugs in the 911 call so the fact he had THC in his system it does bring reasonable doubt that he wasn't racially profilling Trayvon. I think the fact that he was right on his assesment of Trayvon being on drugs could very well be the reason he looked suspicious to Zimmerman. I wasn't there so I don't know what he saw or if he was in fact racially profiling him but it does give you something to think about.

Sorry, you can't just look at someone from a distance and know they've been smoking pot. Just doesn't work that way. Maybe up real close with good look at their eyes but not from distance.

TCH. can be present in the blood stream days after a "high". It depends on what the levels were in the toxicology report.

Back
Top Bottom