• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was Kyle Rittenhouse acting in self-defense?

Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense against the man with the skateboard?

• Total voters
Aunt Antifa is .... well I cant call her what she is up here, but suffice it to say she is IMO not an honest broker.

Anyone who picks the username antifa shows their true colors.

Even if it’s true that he crossed state lines with a weapon that would still constitute a misdemeanor.

Child gun laws in Wisconsin | WisconsinWatch.org

Absent that gun how would you have defended yourself?

He wasnt’ defending himself. He was there to cause trouble and the people there tried to stop him.

You don’t cross state lines with an illegal weapon with the *purpose* to “defend yourself.”

Trump supporter Kyle Rittenhouse sought out conflict, armed. First flush of that conflict, he fired at one person, and then killed two others who were trying to stop him.

He did what he went there to do, he just didn’t anticipate it being illegal because he’s part of a culture that has drilled into his dumb 17 year old brain that his weapon is what makes him right and just, and all other thoughts no matter how foul then become justified.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone who picks the username antifa shows their true colors.

hey, this site is overrun with nut jobs on the right, so there is one nut job from the left... it is what it is (a quote from your leader))

you guys still have tons more Russians than the left has extremists

The New York ****ing Times has said this was self defense. The New York Times. They actually properly reported on the incident. Surprised the hell out of me. Damn near every lawyer on the internet is saying the same thing. Self defense. If was me at the start of that thing, there would have been a lot more people dead much faster, I would not have run, I would have attacked, pressed and kept shooting until I had cleared the area. That's the way I train. If it moved it would have been engaged. Anything that even slightly looked like a threat within 50 meters would have been serviced. I practice this at home. I can service 3 rounds per target 4 30 rd. mags in 40 seconds. 40 separate targets Mozambique style. That's slow. Very slow actually. Most service guys should be able to do that faster by about 10 seconds or so. That kid had much more restraint than most if not all military and leo types would have. I dont have near the restraint of those guys. I routinely fail the shoot, no shoots skills test. That mob was VERY lucky, they have no idea how lucky they are. None.

This post is why I wake up every morning thanking the great Nilla Wafer in the sky for 2A.

If only *more* folks thought like this and were armed, my god the safety that would radiate through our communities.

LIke a tsunami of safety.

Because there's too many conflicting stories, so we have to wait on that end, in the meantime we can focus on one aspect of the incident.

A little tough to take a snapshot of a moving event and make a judgement; beside the bias is apparent in your poll’s wording....:shrug:

Constraining the debate down to between Kyle Rittenhouse and just the skateboard man is an unnecessary skewing of reality.

Each incident is taken separately. It is clear that in all cases, Rittenhouse was the victim defending himself.

absent the gun or had he stayed in his own state, he would not have had any confrontations

you are not "defending" yourself when you go looking for trouble in my book

So, you're saying you have no sympathy for "peaceful" protesters who come in from out of town being hurt or even killed? If they had stayed in their home state they wouldn't have been hurt, so they deserve what happens to them?

He wasnt’ defending himself. He was there to cause trouble and the people there tried to stop him.

You don’t cross state lines with an illegal weapon with the *purpose* to “defend yourself.”

Trump supporter Kyle Rittenhouse sought out conflict, armed. First flush of that conflict, he fired at one person, and then killed two others who were trying to stop him.

He did what he went there to do, he just didn’t anticipate it being illegal because he’s part of a culture that has drilled into his dumb 17 year old brain that his weapon is what makes him right and just, and all other thoughts no matter how foul then become justified.

When someone tries to kill you with a skateboard, you are defending yourself.

When someone tries to kill you with a skateboard, you are defending yourself.

So OJ was defending himself against Goldman.

Ah. Now it all makes sense.

hey, this site is overrun with nut jobs on the right, so there is one nut job from the left... it is what it is (a quote from your leader))

you guys still have tons more Russians than the left has extremists

There are nut jobs on both sides posting here. Trying to claim the left only has one is biased partisan garbage. However, I wouldn't want to be the one person my own side calls a nutjob.

There are nut jobs on both sides posting here. Trying to claim the left only has one is biased partisan garbage. However, I wouldn't want to be the one person my own side calls a nutjob.

most that support the Dems here at debatepolitics are not posting as radical leftists whereas radical right posts/threads are plentiful. We all know there are an excess of extreme right posts here.

TRumpism is the far radical right... things in this country are that screwed up.

most that support the Dems here at debatepolitics are not posting as radical leftists whereas radical right posts/threads are plentiful. We all know there are an excess of extreme right posts here.

TRumpism is the far radical right... things in this country are that screwed up.

Ummmmmmmmm, there are many posting here that are radical leftists.

absent the gun or had he stayed in his own state, he would not have had any confrontations

you are not "defending" yourself when you go looking for trouble in my book
Had the rioters that he shot had followed your advice they would still be alive.

Hate to break it to you but if someone swings a skateboard at you to kill you then you have the right to defend yourself.

Not if you had just committed murder first

You didn’t answer my question.

Ummmmmmmmm, there are many posting here that are radical leftists.

Not nearly as many as radical right... not even close, IMHO

You have several posters here who dominate this site, all right out of Russia.

Name one from the left like this. I have not seen a one. Just a few folks who chime in with worthless liberal junk.

peace out

Had the rioters that he shot had followed your advice they would still be alive.

yep

I feel bad for all those involved but they were all looking for trouble and got it.

Last edited:
yep

I have feel bad for all those involved but they were all looking for trouble and got it.
In chess I believe that’s called a draw.

Back
Top Bottom