• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was Kyle Rittenhouse acting in self-defense?

Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense against the man with the skateboard?

• Total voters
I've scanned this thread it seems like both sides are concentrating on the guilt or innocence of Ritttenhouse. , which is a subject to be debated.

However, I kinda like the things simple.

As far as Rittenhouse , guilt or innocence ?

2 people are dead balistic match will prove they were shot with the gun Rittenhouse was carrying
Rittenhouse when he got free walked up to Police cars gun in hand saying I just shot someone yet what happened after that??

My biggest fear is not the guilt or innocence of Rittenhouse it is if he is found innocent and walks with a light charge and self defense, what then??

Unless I'm mistaken the BLM protest haven't been a shooting war , however that can change.
If a 17 yr old can drive across state lines to get to a protest where he knows there is trouble with a gun kills 2 people wounds one and gets by with it well???

Don't you think some of these BLM protesters will be thinking "well they got guns , we can get guns " .
So if some Black protester starts shooting Trump supporters or White Supremacist at a protest don't be shocked.

I do not want these protest "no matter who's right or wrong" to turn into a shooting war on the streets.
No true American wants that ,cause if that happens it won't be like Kenosha ,

It won't be skateboards it will be AR15'S M16's GLOCKS and Saturday night specials.
If that happens both sides will be laying dead on the streets.:peace:peace

Are you saying BLM doesnt protest armed and out of state? Have you heard of Louisville Kentucky?

Stone-Mountain-1-770.jpg

Kyle was not an active shooter. Stop gaslighting.

Who shoot who in the back? Youre not masking any sense, as usual.

A strawman is all you got.

Oh so now its the poll... go make your own then.

Are you for real?

Rittenhouse is the definition of an active shooter. He’s facing murder charges as such.

Our evidence is reality-based. Otoh you have people declaring everyone is a pedo and “Kyle” was just there to protect a...gas station...from...a pedo trying to...bomb it..?

Right. Anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rittenhouse is the definition of an active shooter. He’s facing murder charges as such.

Our evidence is reality-based. Otoh you have people declaring everyone is a pedo and “Kyle” was just there to protect a...gas station...from...a pedo trying to...bomb it..?

Right. Anyway.

You can look up the video of the antifa people lighting a rolling garbage bin on fire and trying to roll it into the gas station. They already burned down 2 of this owners gas stations and this was his last one left.

ALso this is the man that first attacked Kyle for putting out the fire.

vTW2QjXn.jpeg

You can look up the video of the antifa people lighting a rolling garbage bin on fire and trying to roll it into the gas station. They already burned down 2 of these owners gas stations and this was his last one left.

vTW2QjXn.jpeg

Like I said before: how do we know this wasn’t an argumenet between two pedos that got out of hand? What if Kyle was there because he felt white nationalism was fun, but lacking in pedophilia.

You’re just willing to make assumptions I’m not willing to make.

Are you saying BLM doesnt protest armed and out of state? Have you heard of Louisville Kentucky?

Stone-Mountain-1-770.jpg

I'm saying no BLM protesters drove across state lines with a gun killed 2 people shot one and they call that self defense????

I'm saying that if these 2 groups ever meet and both have guns people on both sides will die in the streets.
Now as an American I don't want that to happen to any American white or black, Trump supporter or Biden supporter Antifa or buggaloo Conservative or Liberal.
Now do you care for all Americans safety or just the safety of those who support Trump???:peace

If a BLM guy brings a gun to a protest and shoots someone... that’s gonna most likely be murder too.

Did Kyle just walk up and shoot someone?

Because in the videos I saw he was running away from a grown man throwing sh*t at him.

If you're claiming Kyle just brought a gun and shot three people with no other context, you're being willfully ignorant.

You're over simplifying tf out of this situation. Agree with Kyle or no, painting people with a broad brush makes you look like an unfeeling ass. If you're unwilling to at least hear all the details of the situation, you're just gunna push people into Kyle's corner with you're stubborn attitude.

I don't mean to imply you're incapable of understanding this situation, or that Kyle was in the right, but it seems like you're unwilling to accept any changes to your narrative.

You can look up the video of the antifa people lighting a rolling garbage bin on fire and trying to roll it into the gas station. They already burned down 2 of this owners gas stations and this was his last one left.

vTW2QjXn.jpeg

Hmm.

He’s 36 now, convicted in 2002, probably happened in 2001, when he was 17.

Im guessing pissed off father with a 16 yo daughter dating a guy who is technically an adult.

Thank for those laws starting to change. That’s why these sex registries are bad ideas.

Hmm.

He’s 36 now, convicted in 2002, probably happened in 2001, when he was 17.

Im guessing pissed off father with a 16 yo daughter dating a guy who is technically an adult.

Thank for those laws starting to change. That’s why these sex registries are bad ideas.

Ya 2002 is pretty old youre probably right.

Can't help but wonder when you consider the mob constituency...Any chance Aunt Antifa used to be Uncle Antifa?
Regards,
CP

TBH I don't know, and to be blunt don't particularly care. She is what she is and does what she does.

Did Kyle just walk up and shoot someone?

Because in the videos I saw he was running away from a grown man throwing sh*t at him.

If you're claiming Kyle just brought a gun and shot three people with no other context, you're being willfully ignorant.

You're over simplifying tf out of this situation. Agree with Kyle or no, painting people with a broad brush makes you look like an unfeeling ass. If you're unwilling to at least hear all the details of the situation, you're just gunna push people into Kyle's corner with you're stubborn attitude.

I don't mean to imply you're incapable of understanding this situation, or that Kyle was in the right, but it seems like you're unwilling to accept any changes to your narrative.
Question how many of the protesters there was from out of State?
Question; How many others at that protest was in the same age bracket and the same height and weight as Rittenhouse ?
Question; How many of these needed a gun for protection?
Couldn't have been too many or there would have been more arrest. so why did a 17 yr old from Illinois have to have a gun to go to Kenosha , Wisconsin????:peace

Question; How many others at that protest was in the same age bracket and the same height and weight as Rittenhouse ?
Couldn't have been too many or there would have been more arrest. so why did a 17 yr old from Illinois have to have a gun to go to Kenosha , Wisconsin????:peace

Kyle lived 30 minutes from Kenosha. The guy who assaulted him and he shot lives 40 minutes away.

Couldn't have been too many or there would have been more arrest.

Seeing as there wasn't a statistician recording the personal details of every individual at that protest, I don't think you're questions will ever be answered.

So why did a 17 yr old from Illinois have to have a gun to go to Kenosha , Wisconsin????:peace

Why did he have a gun? Idk.

It doesn't really matter that Wisconsin allows children to carry guns, seeing as Kyle is from Illinois. So whichever adult gave a 17yo a rifle should be held accountable for Kyle's actions.

I don't care who gave him the gun, it was stupid and downright treacherous to entrust a high schooler with a deadly weapon before he attended a heated protest.

Kyle lived 30 minutes from Kenosha. The guy who assaulted him and he shot lives 40 minutes away.

Well if Kyle wanted to go to Kenosha just to observe the protest, why did he need a gun????

There are towns 30 miles from me where there were protest if I did go to these towns I would not need a gun.

As for the guy who assaulted him I don't here too many homicide cases where the case file said death by skateboard???

Ritttenhouse had a gun how many people have been killed by people with guns compared to people with skateboards???:peace

Seeing as there wasn't a statistician recording the personal details of every individual at that protest, I don't think you're questions will ever be answered.

Why did he have a gun? Idk.

It doesn't really matter that Wisconsin allows children to carry guns, seeing as Kyle is from Illinois. So whichever adult gave a 17yo a rifle should be held accountable for Kyle's actions.

I don't care who gave him the gun, it was stupid and downright treacherous to entrust a high schooler with a deadly weapon before he attended a heated protest.

Why would any person pick up and carry a gun?
The answers are somewhat limited,
1 To protect yourself and family from people who are attacking your home or person or to prevent criminals from entering your house or others
2 To protect and serve , Military. Law Enforcement
3 to intentionally shoot or kill other people
4 to go hunting for animals.
5 To protect yourself while traveling., no innocent person would intentionally go to a gang infested neighborhood unless he was a criminal or gang banger.

If you can think of another reason why people would pick up a gun post it.

This is not a thread for the gun control debate , but just one fact I'll throw in.

Of all the people at that protest , they weren't all carrying guns but yet somehow they all lived , well except for the 2 people that were killed by a 17 yr. old with a gun.

If there were more guns carried by more protesters this 17 yr. old wouldn't have to worry about going to jail he would be dead.

If a 17 yr old can get his hands on a AR 15 then I'm pretty sure out of the crowd of protesters they could get one legally or otherwise:peace

'Arms race': How the Portland shooting shows protesters on the right and the left are bringing guns
Chris Woodyard and Kevin McCoy, USA TODAY

It seems like my prediction came true.

As I said in a previous post this I Do NOT , DID NOT WANT TO HAPPEN.

No true American LEFT OR RIGHT would want protests to turn into a shooting war.

This can still be avoided I think through some negotiations perhaps , perhaps not.:peace

'Arms race': How the Portland shooting shows protesters on the right and the left are bringing guns
Chris Woodyard and Kevin McCoy, USA TODAY

It seems like my prediction came true.

As I said in a previous post this I Do NOT , DID NOT WANT TO HAPPEN.

No true American LEFT OR RIGHT would want protests to turn into a shooting war.

This can still be avoided I think through some negotiations perhaps , perhaps not.:peace

A word to the wise , "Shooting unarmed protesters may be the norm , Shooting at people who shoot back will be the exception":peace

Back
Top Bottom