• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was Joe Biden disrespectful to the Presidency during the debate?

Was Joe disrespectful to the office of the president?

• Total voters
Remember all those posts from PoS pointing out how Trump disrespected the "Office of the President" when he accused the black man of being born in another country?
He is just trying to like up to his handle here, and it is very fitting.

During the first debate, Joe told the POTUS to "shut up" and called him a "clown."

If this was done by a foreigner, would we have stood by and let this happen? If the answer is no, then why was Joe allowed to do it?
I think I would prefer someone to call me a name to my face rather than behind my back. It says more about the person saying it than the one it’s said to.

During the first debate, Joe told the POTUS to "shut up" and called him a "clown."

If this was done by a foreigner, would we have stood by and let this happen? If the answer is no, then why was Joe allowed to do it?

I look forward to reading the Biden cultists' responses. :coffee:

Reactions: PoS
Tell me exactly what Trump said during the debate that was racist.

That debate showed that, yes, Trump can be verbally aggressive, but more importantly, that Joe cannot handle this kind of stress.

Joe at one point shut his eyes and looked like he was about to cry. He is not fit to take office.

If Joe can’t handle Trump, how is he going to be able to handle Putin and Kim Jung Un?

Historian Jon Meacham today on Morning Joe:

Donald Trump declared war on decency and on Democracy last night in a way that is utterly unmistakable. This is not a "on the one hand or the other hand." This was not a disaster because of Biden and Trump. This was the elemental Trump offering himself to be seen by all for what he is. Which is someone who cares not a whit, about you, or me. or anyone else. He cares about himself. He cares about holding onto power. He cares about keeping the people who put him in power happy. And he very clearly said at least twice it could be months and months before we know who wins the presidential election. Now, he doesn't understand how that works, unsurprisingly. I think we better start talking now about what this looks like if it goes to the House of Representatives. I don't think that's alarmist in any way. And we can talk about that as much as we want. But decency and Democracy took severe blows last night, and I don't know how to say to teenage kids in America, you know, politics is a noble profession. Except to say there is Joe Biden and he is trying to project stability in this stormy sea of ego and lies. We saw a thug last night in the office of the President of the United States. We saw a clear, compelling, dignified alternative. Joe Biden is not on the ballot at this point. We are.

It's sad that those who kiss Trump's ass don't demand more respect from him but expect it from Biden. It really shows what a Jonestown cult the New Republican Party has become. It simply continues to show what shitty people Trumpists are.

Joe is a former VP, Trump is currently in office. A certain amount of decorum must be met when you address the CoC since he represents the entire country.

When someone acts like President Trump did, he deserves no real respect from Biden.
imo, both are just candidates. Doesn't matter that one is the current President.

Joe was speaking to the child called trump so yes, telling him to just shut up was appropriate.
No it's not appropriate because he is the President. The usual excuses made by democrats to OK anything demorats say or do.

Nope, if anyone has disrespected the Office it would be trump, does he know he has not been crowned Dictator for Life. Trump came in being an Ass and Joe simply called him on it, and by the way, the Office gets respect the man in it has to Earn it, trump has earned nothing but scorn.
From day one, day one, the democrats have called Trump an Illegitimate President. Who disrespects the President? Phoney charges of collusion and a partisan attempt to impeach, the democrats can't take any high ground on anything.

He showed restraint but even Mother Teresa would have slapped Trump on the hand with a ruler during that debacle.

From day one, day one, the democrats have called Trump an Illegitimate President. Who disrespects the President? Phoney charges of collusion and a partisan attempt to impeach, the democrats can't take any high ground on anything.

Trump has turned the office into a travesty of everything we all once considered honorable. He deserves nothing but our contempt.

Tell me exactly what Trump said during the debate that was racist.

Someone asked me what the Proud Boys incident was about. I explained that there are basically radical fringe movements on both sides. Any sitting president or president to be, would reasonably shut down and emphatically reject any of these radical movements. Trump did not, rather as he has been consistently doing, he treated them as 'fine people' and addressed them as a legitimate organization. It would be like Biden telling antifa to await further orders. You condone that?

On the other hand, Joe consistently said he was not for any of the violent protestors at all, and rightfully condemned them.

I think that was the major blow in this first debate, and it was not even addressed by Joe. Much like the reason many don't want to vote for Trump this time around, it was Trump who delivered the killing blow to himself.

Last edited:

I’ll wager Trump doesn’t have these moves!

I think perhaps Chris Wallace should've had a little less respect for the Presidency.
As a New Zealander, I watched the New Zealand Leaders' Debate, that happened to be streamed shortly on the same day as and shortly after the US Presidential Debate. I must say, it was like a breath of fresh air after having just come from the American one. And one of the things I found so impressive about our country's Leaders' Debate was the moderator: he interrupted them when they weren't getting to the point - constantly, in fact, which may seem bad, but it meant the debate went on rapidly and effectively, with each Leader still managing to make their point. He even asked questions like, "You were part of that coalition government too, so how the hell are we supposed to trust you?" Yes, he really said that. And neither of the Leaders took offence, they just answered his questions directly. There, the Moderator was the most important person in the room, when he spoke, both the Leaders knew it was wise to shut up and listen.
Compare that to the American one - total chaos. Chris Wallace had to keep meekly interrupting with "Mr. President, Mr. President, please." Donald Trump's head is big enough without people enlarging it daily. In a debate environment, the moderator should absolutely be able to tell the President to shut up, but he was so ineffectual, Biden had to try to do the job for him.
And, also, as a New Zealander, I am perfectly happy to call the President of the United States a clown any day of the week. What are you going to do about it?

Disrespecting Trump is highly respectful to the presidency. Trump is president, but he's a walking perversion of the office.

I think perhaps Chris Wallace should've had a little less respect for the Presidency.
As a New Zealander, I watched the New Zealand Leaders' Debate, that happened to be streamed shortly on the same day as and shortly after the US Presidential Debate. I must say, it was like a breath of fresh air after having just come from the American one. And one of the things I found so impressive about our country's Leaders' Debate was the moderator: he interrupted them when they weren't getting to the point - constantly, in fact, which may seem bad, but it meant the debate went on rapidly and effectively, with each Leader still managing to make their point. He even asked questions like, "You were part of that coalition government too, so how the hell are we supposed to trust you?" Yes, he really said that. And neither of the Leaders took offence, they just answered his questions directly. There, the Moderator was the most important person in the room, when he spoke, both the Leaders knew it was wise to shut up and listen.
Compare that to the American one - total chaos. Chris Wallace had to keep meekly interrupting with "Mr. President, Mr. President, please." Donald Trump's head is big enough without people enlarging it daily. In a debate environment, the moderator should absolutely be able to tell the President to shut up, but he was so ineffectual, Biden had to try to do the job for him.
And, also, as a New Zealander, I am perfectly happy to call the President of the United States a clown any day of the week. What are you going to do about it?
In your country’s debate if one of the debaters called the other a name would that be acceptable (especially to a moderator). In debates that would be considered an Ad hominem. Point subtracted.

In your country’s debate if one of the debaters called the other a name would that be acceptable (especially to a moderator). In debates that would be considered an Ad hominem. Point subtracted.
That's true, thankfully my country's debate didn't come to that. It seemed that during the US Debate, both candidates talked over each other, and were rude to each other, but Trump was mainly the one who interrupted all the time. Perhaps the Moderator should have told Biden not to call Trump a clown, the worst President in history, and not to tell him to "shut up", but Biden would never have had to do all those things had the Moderator Chris Wallace kept Trump under control.

If it was a foreigner in a debate with President Trump he can call him whatever they want to call him.

I have a different take. This was a debate. We have two candidates. Yes one is the current President That does not give him any special privileges for the debate.

So why are you giving President Trump a pass on his interruptions and talking while former VP Biden was talking?

Yep, both violated the rules of the debate, as well as common decency by resorting to personal attacks, but Trump more so than Biden.

That's true, thankfully my country's debate didn't come to that. It seemed that during the US Debate, both candidates talked over each other, and were rude to each other, but Trump was mainly the one who interrupted all the time. Perhaps the Moderator should have told Biden not to call Trump a clown, the worst President in history, and not to tell him to "shut up", but Biden would never have had to do all those things had the Moderator Chris Wallace kept Trump under control.
Sounds reasonable. I’m glad your country’s debates were more civilized. I don’t believe Wallace handled the interruption fairly. He dismissed Biden’s by stating that he interrupted less than Trump. What difference does that make? An interruption is an interruption. Going after the man who fouled the most doesn’t look good.

Hey everyone, the trump supporters want everybody to act with a bit more decorum, so knock it off.

Hey everyone, the trump supporters want everybody to act with a bit more decorum, so knock it off.

Trump sets such a wonderful example every day too, its truly a shame how the left disparages such a kind, decent and caring man. Why just the other day, after a barrage of tweets from Trump that read like love letters from the Dalai Lama, leftists actually objected to them on the basis of the literal meaning of them, they don't get nuance or the subtle use of language to hide hidden depths of meaning in otherwise apparent insults. It just shows you that the left will read a sentence and take it in context and then try to attack it for partisan purposes. Where are the poets, the masters of prose, the rhetorical experts who can grasp the brilliance of Trumps utterances? My lord, what has become of us?

Your "push poll" is interesting.

Is there some reason why you didn't bother to provide rational alternatives (I mean, other than the fact that you fully intended to create a poll where the results could only be the one you wanted)?

Reference to a foreigner? What's that supposed to mean?
Pretty straight forward since everybody got it but you. Perhaps remedial English classes at the adult school ought to be in the o
I’ll wager Trump doesn’t have these moves!

Hey the shoe thrower got arrested! LOL

Go ahead, but then again nobody thinks much of your tiny little country anyway, thats why you have to come in here and butt into the US election process lol

I would say Joe was disrespectful but given how Trump was acting, the disrespect was appropriate. If Trump wants to have respect, he should act like an adult.

Back
Top Bottom