• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Was Jesus a brat at 5?

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
In the books of Timmothy, was Jesus a typical little 5 year old Dennis the Menace with special powers? Did he blind a man for speaking bad about his fathers (Joseph) carpentry? Was he accused of killing a boy by shoving him off the roof then bringing him back to life to testify to his innocence?

What you say actually has absolutely no basis in the Canon of the Bible decided upon by the early church leaders. The stories that you are referring to occur in apocraphyl books such as the Book of Thomas. Some other popular stories that you might run across if you go and do your research are tales of Jesus down at the river Jordan making clay sparrows on the Sabbath. He was scolded for his breaking of sabbath law, so he told the sparrows to, "Fly away." The clay sparrows turned into real sparrows and flew away.
Another refers to Jesus killing his playmate by pushing him off of a roof, but when he is questioned as to why he did this, He brought his friend back from the dead and claimed that he had nothing to do with it.
These stories are from books that are not actually in the Bible. They are from books that were kept out of the Bible for the reasons that they were written far to long from the time that they document to be factual. These books were most likely written to satisfy the desire to know more about the life of Jesus as young child. These books were the "dime novels" of the time. They were very widely read, but were completely fictitious according to leading theologians.
I welcome any other information that you can bring forth that might add to this discussion or that might help to prove or disprove your statement.

Originally posted by Locke:
What you say actually has absolutely no basis in the Canon of the Bible decided upon by the early church leaders. The stories that you are referring to occur in apocraphyl books such as the Book of Thomas. Some other popular stories that you might run across if you go and do your research are tales of Jesus down at the river Jordan making clay sparrows on the Sabbath. He was scolded for his breaking of sabbath law, so he told the sparrows to, "Fly away." The clay sparrows turned into real sparrows and flew away.
Another refers to Jesus killing his playmate by pushing him off of a roof, but when he is questioned as to why he did this, He brought his friend back from the dead and claimed that he had nothing to do with it.
These stories are from books that are not actually in the Bible. They are from books that were kept out of the Bible for the reasons that they were written far to long from the time that they document to be factual. These books were most likely written to satisfy the desire to know more about the life of Jesus as young child. These books were the "dime novels" of the time. They were very widely read, but were completely fictitious according to leading theologians.
I welcome any other information that you can bring forth that might add to this discussion or that might help to prove or disprove your statement.
I don't know. I'm just asking the question. Here's another one. Was Mary a perpetual virgin? Jesus had brothers and sisters. Were they all Joseph's from a previous marriage?

Billo_Really said:
I don't know. I'm just asking the question. Here's another one. Was Mary a perpetual virgin? Jesus had brothers and sisters. Were they all Joseph's from a previous marriage?

Haha, virgin births and talking donkey's. But seriously, that's a good question, I kinda expect Christians to dance around it.

Locke said:
These stories are from books that are not actually in the Bible. They are from books that were kept out of the Bible for the reasons that they were written far to long from the time that they document to be factual. QUOTE]

Oh yes, the Bible is so much more reliable, considering that it was written a couple thousand years ago (too lazy to Google the actual date). I'm actually suprised that the Bible is'nt regarded as a 'dime novel," instead of the factual book of how to live forever. Even with so much evidence supporting evidence (it would be a bit redundant of me to list the evidence, as it is found all over the motherf!!!!in thread in seven different motherf!!!in ways) of evolution and the Big Bang and other archaelogical finds (for some reason, dinosaur bones being seeded by God doesn't do it for me, nor does the theory that all scientists are involved in a conspiracy convince me of anything). But it is hard to admit that over hundreds of years you've persecuted agaisnt others who disagree with you and have convinced billions of people to beleive in a book as factual as Harry Potter.

Back
Top Bottom