• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was Jan 6 an Insurrection?

Was Jan 6 an Insurrection?

• I don't have enough information to say either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ren

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Was January 6 an Insurrection or was it something else?

To the left, anything that interrupts their dictatorial calm is an insurrection.

Jan 6 was no insurrection - not even by the remotest stretch of imagination. It was a protest that began peacefully, escalated, and turned into a riot - or at least a semblance of one.

I guess that means you need to hear it s few more times.
No, frankly I'm tired of hearing that lie repeated ad nauseum. That Joseph Goebbels tactic just won't work on me - I know know better.

...and honestly, you should too.

To the left, anything that interrupts their dictatorial calm is an insurrection.

Jan 6 was no insurrection - not even by the remotest stretch of imagination. It was a protest that began peacefully, escalated, and turned into a riot - or at least a semblance of one.

If the left was actually “dictatorial” every last one of those Trump cultists would be in a shallow grave right now.

Actual dictatorships don’t tolerate rampages like the one on January 6.

I believe statements like the bolded may shed some light on why some do not see the insurrection component of 1/6, as the bolded phrase indicates a fundamental understanding of the democratic electoral process.

Have any of you watched the Netflix documentary on January 6th?

Wow. 64.7% of the polled so mislead (at this moment). Amazing and scary all at the same time!

There were elements in that mob that intended to disrupt the democratic process and prevent the EC count certifying Biden as our next POTUS. Some in the mob planned it beforehand, some were just useful idiots swept up in the emotion of the protests.

Was Trump involved beforehand? Has not been conclusively shown.

Did he hope they'd succeed?

1648677067107.png

Moving on with 1/06 committee, and hopefully will charge Trump ( and others ) with a federal crime, or better yet, several federal crimes.
Congress can't charge anyone with anything.

It was a putch, a failed Insurrection.

Yes.

How many times do you people need to be told this?
People can read and hear the hyperbole, but it isn’t real until people are are actually convicted of it. So far, the DOJ hasn’t even charged anyone with insurrection. You can tell people about an “insurrection” until you’re blue in the face, but that word has a legal meaning that the DOJ hasn’t applied to a soul.

This is a visual investigation:

In their pursuit of "freedoms", groups of right-wing fanatics forgot their responsibilities. Then they call themselves proud Americans.

Why is it that if you talk to either the far right or the far left that is busy burning private property down/historical monuments in other locations -> they have the same answer/script ready:

"To defend freedom" "To defend our rights"

The activists get criminal records while the big fish at the very top live the big life. They probably call each other to laugh at the common person's stupidity after every major event.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom