• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Was Iraq helping terrorists before the war?

Did Iraq help terrorists before the (2nd) Iraq war?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Other. (Please explain.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Mark

Sporadic insanity normal.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I've read multiple peoples opinions about this.

It seems that the two most popular trains of thought are "Yes" and "No"

Heh.

So I thought I'd throw together a poll and see how many agree with me.

I vote yes.

And here's a link to some interesting reading on the subject.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/006/550kmbzd.asp

Now, I realize that this website might be seen as biased by some.....but this bit of info seems more or less unbiased.

Did the U.S. help Iraq during it's war with Iran?

Yes.

Did the U.S. supply chemical and biological weapons to Iraq?

Yes.

Since the U.S. made Iraq what it is before the war, did the U.S. in turn help the terrorists that Iraq helped?

Well.... I voted other because that's not the question but I wouldn't mind hearing some opinions.

You damn right they were supporting terrorists.......Saddam gave $25,000 yo the families of every suicide bomber that blew theirselves up in Israel.........

Though I voted yes (Iraq was obviously helping terrorists), I dont see compelling evidence that they were helping the terrorists that hit the United States. In this light , I suppose if we were to invade everyone supporting terrorism in the world, we would need to become an Empire, and shortly thereafter start a Civil War, as we ourselves, support terroism in many ways.
The poll leaves much to be desired if intended to justify our invasion (as seems the point), in that virtually every country on Earth, can be defined as a supporter of terrorism. We trained Osama.....does that mean we support Terrorism?

We are in Iraq....and need to fix what we broke, but damn.....lets at least be honest about the reasons, rather than lying to ourselves, and others.

Navy Pride said:
You damn right they were supporting terrorists.......Saddam gave $25,000 yo the families of every suicide bomber that blew theirselves up in Israel.........
Not only because he supported terrorist, he also terrorized his own people so I did not see any other recourse but to have taken him and his government out. There is no way a civilized nation can stand back and let another country destroy their own people the way Saddam was doing, I compare his actions to that of Hitler.

Saboteur said:
Did the U.S. help Iraq during it's war with Iran?

Yes

Did the U.S. supply chemical and biological weapons to Iraq?

Yes.

Since the U.S. made Iraq what it is before the war, did the U.S. in turn help the terrorists that Iraq helped?

Well.... I voted other because that's not the question but I wouldn't mind hearing some opinions.

We supplied one half of one percent in foriegn weapons to Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war, the bulk of their foreign military equipment came from France and Russia.

As for the U.S. supplying biological/chemical weapons to Saddam that's a complete falsehood. We supplied duel use chemicals to Iraq for legitimate industrial purposes and we supplied Saddam with bio agents to be used for vaccine research as did most of the world.

Back
Top Bottom