• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was interning the Japanese during WW2 the right response? [W:377]

Did FDR get it right?

• Yes

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • No

Votes: 84 88.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Did Franklin Roosevelt get it right in regards to interning 110,000 Japanese Americans? Was it based on war hysteria? Fear? Racism?

I believe the Roosevelt administration had it right based on the intelligence at the time. It was to prevent the threat of 5th Column activity and espionage. The fact is many of those interned were not even Japanese Americans, many were allowed to voluntarily leave the camp early and many did while many stayed voluntarily.

Going by U.S. intelligence, the Japanese were infiltrating/breaching our defense and recruiting Japanese Americans and ethnic Japanese residents. I'm sure some of the reasoning to intern the Japanese was racist, but I believe the majority of it was based on sound and objective reasoning.

Do you get the giggles with these sorts of threads? WHY THE **** ARE WE REHASHING THIS ****?

Re: Was interning the Japanese during WW2 the right response?

Come to the dark side of the force Luke.

I am teetering as we speak... about to kill Han.

I am teetering as we speak... about to kill Han.

No one will miss him, and it will clear your path to Leia. Don't worry about the sister thing...

Iisfor.jpg

No one will miss him, and it will clear your path to Leia. Don't worry about the sister thing...

View attachment 67201496

When I was swinging her off Jaba's barge in her smokin' hot bikini it was my light saber that was pressing into her ass...

Luke_and_Leia_Prepare_to_Swing_from_the_Barge.jpg

Back
Top Bottom