• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

was glenn beck working in DC in 1980?

liblady

pirate lover
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
BECK: I remember in 1980, I work in Washington, D.C., and it was right after KAL 007, the Soviet Union shot down a jetliner, a 747. It was filled with people. And we said, that was — that was — I think we said it was an act of war, did we not? And I remember working in Washington, D.C., and looking at the Lincoln or the Washington Memorial thinking I could be vaporized in the next 24 hours because the missiles will come here.

not exactly: he was 16 in 1980. if a person lies for no earthly reason, wouldn't they lie for a reason? how can anyone believe what he says?

At 18, following his high school graduation, Beck relocated to Provo, Utah and worked at radio station KAYK. Feeling he "didn't fit in," Beck left Utah after six months,[15] taking a job at Washington D.C.'s WPGC in February 1983.[10]

'Glenn Beck': Republic vs. Democracy: What Did Our Founders Truly Intend? - Glenn Beck - FOXNews.com

Glenn Beck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

not exactly: he was 16 in 1980. if a person lies for no earthly reason, wouldn't they lie for a reason? how can anyone believe what he says?

'Glenn Beck': Republic vs. Democracy: What Did Our Founders Truly Intend? - Glenn Beck - FOXNews.com

I don't watch Glenn Beck. He's a showman -- bombastic like Limbaugh. I don't listen to him either. Now having said that . . .

There's only one thing wrong with your attack on Beck. KAL007 was shot down in September 1983. So by your own post, he was there.

So freakin' kill the guy cause he got the year wrong...orrrr that the person transcribing the video made a typo.

I don't watch Glenn Beck. He's a showman -- bombastic like Limbaugh. I don't listen to him either. Now having said that . . .

There's only one thing wrong with your attack on Beck. KAL007 was shot down in September 1983. So by your own post, he was there.

So freakin' kill the guy cause he got the year wrong...orrrr that the person transcribing the video made a typo.

you're right......my bad.

no no...drill him...nail him to a cross. Of course...when Obama states that dear mommy and daddy met in the Selma Freedom Marches and daddy was only here because of JFKs outreach programs (that didnt start until after he was born)...well..

make sure you keep some extra wood and spikes handy...

no no...drill him...nail him to a cross. Of course...when Obama states that dear mommy and daddy met in the Selma Freedom Marches and daddy was only here because of JFKs outreach programs (that didnt start until after he was born)...well..

make sure you keep some extra wood and spikes handy...

wow...over react much?

After seeing his interview with Palin I can't say anything positive about the guy, how she kept a straight face during that interview is beyond me.

You seem a little obsessed with Glenn Beck, lib. :)

wow...over react much?

Perhaps...but I always say..."if a person lies for no earthly reason, wouldn't they lie for a reason? how can anyone believe what he says?"

;)

You are a partisan BS artist LL. You are so desperate to attack Glenn Beck, you don't check your facts, and refuse to use any common sense.

That Jet wasn't shot down in 1980, it was shot down in September 1983. Which is exactly when he went to work in Washington. This leaves 2 possible explanations for that quote from the transcripts:

1) The transcripts were wrong and he actually said "I remember in the 1980's..."
2) He misspoke about the date.

Either way, he didn't lie about working in DC when that plane was shot down.

Why don't you people give it a rest.... Your desperation to silence the man using lies and deceptions is becoming quite pathetic.

You are a partisan BS artist LL. You are so desperate to attack Glenn Beck, you don't check your facts, and refuse to use any common sense.

That Jet wasn't shot down in 1980, it was shot down in September 1983. Which is exactly when he went to work in Washington. This leaves 2 possible explanations for that quote from the transcripts:

1) The transcripts were wrong and he actually said "I remember in the 1980's..."
2) He misspoke about the date.

Either way, he didn't lie about working in DC when that plane was shot down.

Why don't you people give it a rest.... Your desperation to silence the man using lies and deceptions is becoming quite pathetic.

Grim, not that LibLady needs my defense, but she admitted this at Post #3. Some of us would have double-checked it out of fairness; others wouldn't. We've all been guilty.

Grim, not that LibLady needs my defense, but she admitted this at Post #3. Some of us would have double-checked it out of fairness; others wouldn't. We've all been guilty.

I realized that after I posted, but it doesn't change my feelings one bit.

Yes, she should receive props for being honest about the mistake (especially considering how rare that is), but these trivial attempts to discredit Beck are getting ridiculous.

Don't worry about it, just drone on for hours about how "I'm just asking questions!!!!!"

Seems to work for him, lol.

You liberals just can't control the seething hatred that surrounds your progressive ideology... No matter how hard you try, you just can't stop attacking those that disagree with your views.

Just pathetic.

You liberals just can't control the seething hatred that surrounds your progressive ideology... No matter how hard you try, you just can't stop attacking those that disagree with your views.

Just pathetic.

Where did you find seething hatred for Beck in my post? It was a joke, made obvious by the "lol".

Are you trying to say that he never falls back on the "I'm just asking questions" line? lol, it would make my day to hear you say that he never says that.

Where did you find seething hatred for Beck in my post? It was a joke, made obvious by the "lol".

Are you trying to say that he never falls back on the "I'm just asking questions" line? lol, it would make my day to hear you say that he never says that.

You all just can't help yourselves.... You have to get in a shot at every opportunity, even on a thread that was a false attack on the man in the first place.

Like I said, it's just pathetic.

Obama likes little boy penis... lol. Does the "lol" make that any less of an attack?

Last edited:
You all just can't help yourselves.... You have to get in a shot at every opportunity, even on a thread that was a false attack on the man in the first place.

Like I said, it's just pathetic.
Scared I'm gonna hurt his feelings and make him cry?

See, that's taking a shot at every opportunity.

Scared I'm gonna hurt his feelings and make him cry?

See, that's taking a shot at every opportunity.

Not at all... Just pointing out the obvious characteristics of a typical progressive.

just trying to understand why people would believe a person like beck. it's baffling.

Do you believe Obama? That's worse, ya know?

Back
Top Bottom