• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was America too slow to free the slaves or is the record pretty good given the plant's history?

Was America too slow to free the slaves or is the record pretty good given the plant's history? Does the evil of slavery taint our county more or less than others?

No other first world country in the world was built on slavery. Yes, it is the original American sin and the racism and bigotry it engendered, lives on, as we've seen today.

but can you say why you agree or disagree??

No point in so doing.

People here ignore fact in favor of what best suits them.

Most all humans do.

A pitiful species are we.

No point in so doing.
People here ignore fact in favor of what best suits them.

translation: I'm on a debate site but I'm afraid to debate so I'm wasting my time and everyone else's

No other first world country in the world was built on slavery.
dear if it was built on slavery it would have collapsed when slavery ended, instead it skyrocketed. 1+1=2

Yes, it is the original American sin .

How can it be it was the original American sin when it had existed all over the world for 1 million year before America existed???? Please think before you post

the racism and bigotry it engendered, lives on, as we've seen today.

if the America hating liberal has seen it today why is she so afraid to show us where? What do she learn from her fear?

The South did collapse after slavery ended. That's why there was a "Reconstruction Period" from 1865 to 1877.

Yes, Sherman's March to the Sea and the war in general led to total destruction of South, end of slavery had nothing to do with collapse!! 1+1=2

The South has never really recovered economically and is still home to the poorest states in America.

Dear they are poor today in keeping with their Scot Irish History. Do you understand?

are you ever going to grow up?

translation: As a typical liberal, I'm on a debate site but I'm afraid to debate so I'm wasting my time and everyone else's with insults

Back
Top Bottom