• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was America Doomed from the Outset?

No. That's the Right with their church buses.

Actually that's what the left does along with the community organization free transport to polls. If everyone took responsibility to get themselves to voting booth [including friends/family] the repubs would win by a landslide. Put back Clinton era qualifications/restrictions for welfare [that Obama thew out] and Repubs also win. That's how Obama got re-elected... by busing all those dependent on Govt freebies to polls.

Actually that's what the left does along with the community organization free transport to polls. If everyone took responsibility to get themselves to voting booth [including friends/family] the repubs would win by a landslide. Put back Clinton era qualifications/restrictions for welfare [that Obama thew out] and Repubs also win. That's how Obama got re-elected... by busing all those dependent on Govt freebies to polls.

Obama didn't "throw out" Clinton era reforms.
That said, Obama’s HHS doesn’t take us all the way back to pre-1996 days. If today’s action stands—surviving legal as well as political challenge—it will allow HHS to let those states that don’t really want to require welfare recipients to work to not require them to work. Before 1996, HHS would be preventing states that did want to require welfare recipients to work from requiring them to work. Still a big difference between then and today. But not as much as between then and yesterday.
Obama weakens welfare reform–again | The Daily Caller
Nuance must be impossible for Righties to grasp. Besides, I thought the Right was all about "State's Rights"?

Sheesh.

Obama didn't "throw out" Clinton era reforms.

Nuance must be impossible for Righties to grasp. Besides, I thought the Right was all about "State's Rights"?

Sheesh.

Not everyone who rates BHO a poor POTUS is on the right.

He may well be a poor POTUS. I know plenty of OWS types who can't stand the man. But, saying he threw out Clinton era reforms when all he did was kick some choices back to the states is simply false.

Yep! My siblings are all Dems, and when they talk, it's always about Clinton, because "we had work then!" They even grudgingly admit that things weren't too bad under Bush2, either! They don't denigate Obama; they just don't bring him up in conversation! Sometimes what is not said is important, too!

Greetings, Jack. :2wave:

He may well be a poor POTUS. I know plenty of OWS types who can't stand the man. But, saying he threw out Clinton era reforms when all he did was kick some choices back to the states is simply false.

And my only point is that "states' rights" makes a ludicrous defense of the action.

Yep! My siblings are all Dems, and when they talk, it's always about Clinton, because "we had work then!" They even grudgingly admit that things weren't too bad under Bush2, either! They don't denigate Obama; they just don't bring him up in conversation! Sometimes what is not said is important, too!

Greetings, Jack. :2wave:

Greetings, Polgara.:2wave:

Happy Monday.:peace

And my only point is that "states' rights" makes a ludicrous defense of the action.
It wasn't a defense. It was a remark. Funny how the State's Rights crowd hates state's rights whenever said right given to the states is something with which they disagree.

It wasn't a defense. It was a remark. Funny how the State's Rights crowd hates state's rights whenever said right given to the states is something with which they disagree.

I'll have to take your word for it since I'm not part of the "States' Rights crowd."

Back
Top Bottom